My employer hosts a conference every year.
    Each year we give away a prize. It's usually an iPod or a GPS. This year it will be a 16GB Playbook.
    I am curious to see how many people actually know what it is.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-05-12 04:41 AM
    My employer hosts a conference every year.
    Each year we give away a prize. It's usually an iPod or a GPS. This year it will be a 16GB Playbook.
    I am curious to see how many people actually know what it is.
    Cheapskates!
    06-05-12 04:45 AM
    It's just a prize to encourage the participants to visit each suppliers booth. It's always a $250 prize. So this year it's the 16GB Playbook with a RIM convertible case.

I tried to talk them into buying me a 64GB and giving away my 16GB but they wouldn't go for it.
    06-05-12 04:51 AM
    Incentives ! I like this word
    Well done !
    06-05-12 04:53 AM
    Prize to visit booths? What field is this I need to go to this and get a job.
    06-05-12 04:58 AM
    Rail Safety.
    It started as a conference for local short line Railways in Atlantic Canada. Now we get participants from all over North America.
    The booths are Railway equipment suppliers and organizations like Operation Lifesaver.
    06-05-12 05:20 AM
    It's just a prize to encourage the participants to visit each suppliers booth. It's always a $250 prize. So this year it's the 16GB Playbook with a RIM convertible case.

I tried to talk them into buying me a 64GB and giving away my 16GB but they wouldn't go for it.
    Sorry, I misread ipod for ipad!
    06-05-12 05:21 AM
    How about giving away a Playbook to a member of this forum? I know my wife would simply go crazy if she could have one too. I volunteer to receive one and let everyone know how she likes it.
    06-05-12 09:08 AM
    Sounds good, hope you win it!
    06-05-12 10:24 AM
    Prize to visit booths? What field is this I need to go to this and get a job.
    Actually fairly common at conferences, you get a booklet or card when you register and if you get it stamped at most/all of the booths (which usually requires agreeing to be spammed by the booth operators) then you can enter into a draw to win the 1 prize. It's not like you can visit a bunch of booths and poof, you get a free Playbook.
    06-05-12 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD