06-09-12 05:46 PM
62 123
tools
    I don't believe that I've ever heard iPad and productivity mentioned in the same sentence before. We experiment with device productivity at the office and I have to say the PlayBook is a beast compared to other tablets with their home buttons and workarounds. I wouldn't trade all the useless apps in android and apples market for a RIM tablet and it's true multitasking.

Who are the fruit lovers and robots trying to convince anyway? Clearly we've made our decision on what works best for our company.
    rotorwrench and hpjrt like this.
    06-09-12 05:30 PM
    I don't believe that I've ever heard iPad and productivity mentioned in the same sentence before. We experiment with device productivity at the office and I have to say the PlayBook is a beast compared to other tablets with their home buttons and workarounds. I wouldn't trade all the useless apps in android and apples market for a RIM tablet and it's true multitasking.

Who are the fruit lovers and robots trying to convince anyway? Clearly we've made our decision on what works best for our company.
    What type of work do you use the tablet for exactly?
    06-09-12 05:32 PM
    Someone could argue that you HAD to buy Playbooks in order to use bridge. Maybe using Blackberry smartphones was the mistake that lead to requiring Playbooks.

Other phones offer WiFi hotspot capabilities, without requiring you to use a specific type of tablet.

There may have been a good reason for you to use Blackberry handsets, but it really weakens your bridge argument if the Playbook was a bandaid for a bigger problem.
    BB's have WiFi hotspot capabilities too. But its an added cost to use it with most carriers. Bridge works at no additional cost.
    rotorwrench and hpjrt like this.
    06-09-12 05:35 PM

Home buttons and workarounds? Useless apps? Which workaround do I need to watch Netflix on my tablet or call my family on Skype video chat when I'm on breaks at work?

Oh wait....

As far as productivity, there are better suited apps on iOS and Android for anything you could possibly need. The only winning factor for the PB is initial cost.
    06-09-12 05:36 PM
    BB's have WiFi hotspot capabilities too. But its an added cost to use it with most carriers. Bridge works at no additional cost.
    Yes but it only works with vastly outdated BB phones which are far less productive than iOS and Android devices.

It might have worked slightly better if that requirement hadn't been there. Why do you think carriers even allowed it? Pretty much because they can see the BB numbers dwindling and iOS and Android exploding.
    06-09-12 05:40 PM
    Don't want to start a flame war, but at one point the playbook had a really high price point...Did you laugh at all the people that paid 3-400 bucks for a pb....I purchased a playbook because of the price...I wish I was able to download all my favorite ipad apps on it...I know you might say "who needs apps when you have a power browser". Navigating some of the sites I visit is a pain, as well as the browser hanging up and the constant force closing....

I seen all your magic tricks
    Abracadabralous
    My crowd gather around; it's the resurrection of Lazarus
    You still have a PlayBook? lol

I also started buying PlayBooks because of the price. Knowing that these devices will be able to upgrade to BB10 already make it a good investment.
    06-09-12 05:42 PM
    These kind of arguments are so entertaining to watch.
    Lol, you guys are a trip.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-09-12 05:43 PM
    Home buttons and workarounds? Useless apps? Which workaround do I need to watch Netflix on my tablet or call my family on Skype video chat when I'm on breaks at work?

Oh wait....

As far as productivity, there are better suited apps on iOS and Android for anything you could possibly need. The only winning factor for the PB is initial cost.
    And this is what you classify as "productivity"? Really? As for security, (and real businesses care about security) I'd stay away from either of the options you champion. Just sayin' ...
    06-09-12 05:45 PM
    You still have a PlayBook? lol

I also started buying PlayBooks because of the price. Knowing that these devices will be able to upgrade to BB10 already make it a good investment.
    Those Playbooks could be awful ancient by the time they get BB 10.
    06-09-12 05:45 PM
    Yes but it only works with vastly outdated BB phones which are far less productive than iOS and Android devices.

It might have worked slightly better if that requirement hadn't been there. Why do you think carriers even allowed it? Pretty much because they can see the BB numbers dwindling and iOS and Android exploding.
    So you agree that is argument about WiFi hotspot what wrong - we all have it - but want to ignore the advantage of free bridging, because less people have BB's? This is just getting too silly.
    What type of work do you use the tablet for exactly?
    Click the link below.
    enough already. settle it in PMs.
    wellard likes this.
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD