2 of them had no idea it existed, the other had no idea when they were getting any. Rogers website says its available but doesnt tell you where to get one. What a terrible way to launch a product.
    08-12-12 05:44 PM
    I tried a couple Bell stores and they told me they were ordering them in on customer request only. That is a great way to promote a product!!
    08-12-12 05:56 PM
    If they are selling from real stores some should at at least 10.
    08-12-12 06:03 PM
    Easier to just order online anyway, Rogers has mostly next-day shipping depending on where you live. Real question is, how many people asked for the HTC Jetstream and they had it? lol. Selling tablets through carriers as a whole is just generally -- dumb. I get why RIM did it but they should be selling direct as well.
    app_Developer likes this.
    08-12-12 06:08 PM
    Easier to just order online anyway, Rogers has mostly next-day shipping depending on where you live. Real question is, how many people asked for the HTC Jetstream and they had it? lol. Selling tablets through carriers as a whole is just generally -- dumb. I get why RIM did it but they should be selling direct as well.
    I cant figure out how to order it online from rogers. There is an option to find a store, which goes no where because apparently stores dont have them. But i see no button for "buy online"

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirel...+11+4294935552
    08-12-12 06:33 PM
    no point stocking or promoting something that isn't going to sell
    08-12-12 06:43 PM
    no point stocking or promoting something that isn't going to sell
    i would like to buy one. They just lost a sale.
    08-12-12 06:50 PM
    Not a good look RIM. Smh I hope to get my hands on one if they ever make it to the U.S
    08-12-12 09:21 PM
    Unfortunately sometimes you have to tell those bozos to pull up their own website and walk them through what they should already know.

Ever been to a bestbuy or a futureshop? I hate going into a store and knowing more than the sale reps. I feel like I'm the one who should be getting the commission!
    08-12-12 09:29 PM
    Unfortunately sometimes you have to tell those bozos to pull up their own website and walk them through what they should already know.

Ever been to a bestbuy or a futureshop? I hate going into a store and knowing more than the sale reps. I feel like I'm the one who should be getting the commission!
    I know, its very frustrating. I went to futureshop too to look for the playbook, but before i could even get to one of the employees i was approached by 2 apple reps trying to get me to try out "the new ipad". Maybe rim needs to get reps on stores.
    08-12-12 10:35 PM
    I'm not sure that RIM needs reps in stores; increasingly, I'm thinking that RIM should just sell everything via RIM, i.e., not be in stores.

It's been my experience that any store that I've gone into, if they do sell RIM products, the employees are bad-mouthing them and trying to push any other product other than Blackberry onto customers. I don't think big-box stores have helped RIM at all ergot maybe it would be wiser to bypass them all together and set up a quality online store - RIM could even even have full-time online chat employees that could answer people that have questions via a browser chat in real-time.

At the very least, RIM is controlling the message and providing true, accurate, and factual knowledge regarding their products compared to some employees out there whose knowledge of RIM concerns something sexual instead of something technical.
    08-13-12 12:48 AM
    I'd buy it today if it was available!
    08-13-12 09:29 AM
    My Rogers unit activation email came in from my phoned in order and Rogers has the LTE named as 'PlayBook II'.
    I find that interesting.

That was the only I got it. I gave up on the stores.
    08-14-12 11:34 PM
    you don't try before you buy?
    08-15-12 09:07 AM
    I'm not sure that RIM needs reps in stores; increasingly, I'm thinking that RIM should just sell everything via RIM, i.e., not be in stores.
    OP means no product in store ,not reps.

But on the other hand, you certainly can say RIM should sell online only,but still, you have to quantity how much sale they will lose. Online sale for consumer market is not a new idea(like DELL) and i am sure RIM thought of it. neither Apple and Samsung is doing that
    _BB10_ likes this.
    08-15-12 09:14 AM
    I still cant find one
    08-15-12 09:19 AM
    Wow this is stupid! Can't buy on-line on-line tells you to go to a store. Store says they don't have any! Wow, Rogers thanks for nothing!
    08-15-12 11:48 AM
    Wow this is stupid! Can't buy on-line on-line tells you to go to a store. Store says they don't have any! Wow, Rogers thanks for nothing!
    Bell corporate stores have the LTE Playbook, not the franchise one. I went the first day.

LTE signal is still not widely available contrary to their coverage map.

It would be nice to be able to get it online without any carrier meddling. As I am sure there are some just want to get one for the faster CPU.
    Last edited by beavertail2; 08-15-12 at 12:04 PM. Reason: addition
    08-15-12 12:02 PM
    I was in USA last week, didn't see a PB in any store, not one, zero. Since I didn't connect to the Internet for a while I was wondering if the PB 4G was really released.
    USA is an apple country now. Amazing how everyone has an iPhone, thankfully is not like that over here...
    08-15-12 12:03 PM
    LTE playbook only released so far in Canada
    08-15-12 12:10 PM
    Just to give everyone an update on this - there's been a, well, issue identified with product not being pushed to the stores in a correct or timely fashion - there are some very high people working on this right now. Some very high - and angry - people. For the time being, here's what the deal is for getting one per carrier in Canada:

Telus: Few TELUS stores have received stock, and many aren't expecting any stock at all. The best solution is to call a local stores first, if they don't have stock, ordering one over the phone (TELUS call centre, not the store) or online is the easiest. Many TELUS stores will not order stock on a per-customer basis.

Bell: Bell is one of the carriers actually on board right now fully. Most stores have stock, or are expecting more stock. In fact, quite a few got their stock and sold out within a day. If they don't have any, representatives are more that willing to order one on a per-customer basis. You can also order them on the website and over the phone.

Rogers: Same deal as TELUS, few stores have stock and quite a few don't expect stock. If your store is a small business centre, you can go in and order one in person (if they don't already have one in stock). Alternatively, you can order them online or over the phone as well. Some people were having issues ordering them online as the PlayBook LTE product page only has a "Store Locator" icon, but there is another page (seen below) where you can order online. A bit hidden, but it's there.

Rogers Tablet Ordering Page: https://www.orderrogers.ca/rocket/tablet/
    08-17-12 04:09 PM

Bell: Bell is one of the carriers actually on board right now fully. Most stores have stock, or are expecting more stock. In fact, quite a few got their stock and sold out within a day. If they don't have any, representatives are more that willing to order one on a per-customer basis. You can also order them on the website and over the phone.
    So wait, I just want to confirm what you said.... Quite a few stores sold out in the first day but won't order anymore until you order it yourself. RIM must to be one of the most idiotic companies out there at this point. If you want to sell a product you NEED to put it in the store. MORONS! Who is running this company. Complete imbeciles?
    08-17-12 04:37 PM
    Just to give everyone an update on this - there's been a, well, issue identified with product not being pushed to the stores in a correct or timely fashion - there are some very high people working on this right now. Some very high - and angry - people. For the time being, here's what the deal is for getting one per carrier in Canada:

Telus: Few TELUS stores have received stock, and many aren't expecting any stock at all. The best solution is to call a local stores first, if they don't have stock, ordering one over the phone (TELUS call centre, not the store) or online is the easiest. Many TELUS stores will not order stock on a per-customer basis.

Rogers: Same deal as TELUS, few stores have stock and quite a few don't expect stock. If your store is a small business centre, you can go in and order one in person (if they don't already have one in stock). Alternatively, you can order them online or over the phone as well. Some people were having issues ordering them online as the PlayBook LTE product page only has a "Store Locator" icon, but there is another page (seen below) where you can order online. A bit hidden, but it's there.

could they even do one thing right,just one thing. pulled the tiny update, postponed the BB10 and messed up LTE release. they must try very hard to screw up everything.
    08-17-12 09:25 PM

Why not RIM sells it direct themselves?

I am sure there are some that wants to buy it just for the faster CPU. I would consider one. For some, they can take their LTE PB and go to their favourite carrier like Wind and Mobilicity for HSPA+, or go to the big three to buy the micro sim card.

If RIM wants to sell the tablets. Sell it themselves...they have full control!
    08-18-12 06:59 AM
    Has anyone found one yet? this is ********.
    08-18-12 05:46 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD