I am leaving this Forum ..

Too much negativity and it has lost its way and its purpose and certainly its value! I hopped on this board when I bought my PlayBook about 2 week after launch .. I loved it then and I love it more so now .. every day finding new ways of using it, new features and new apps (but I'm SO FRIGGIN UPSET that the penultimate app Angry Birds is not available NOT). I know the PlayBook is not perfect - (is there any device that is by the way?) but we learn to deal with whatever missing feature we chose to deam important - how many of us have perfect laptops? or desktops or software? or who could even say the iThing is perfect (you know what I'm referring to - I just don't want to spell it out by fear of getting my *** reamed for daring to say something negative against it). The tablet world is a field still in its infancy .. every manufacturer that wants a part of this market needs to put a stake in the ground quickly if they want to eventually get some market share - so yes sometimes they aren't perfect and we could talk about that ad nauseum .. but I digress.

A forum is where people exchange ideas, share experiences - good and bad - and help each other resolve common issues .. I don't feel that kind of spirit on this board at all. Posters are more concerned about market share, market positions, negative reviews and so on. How many posts on Native email or lack thereof do we need - its not there yet - deal with it - hasn't stopped my life I stil have my phone mail, my desktop mail, my laptop mail my internet mai .. sheesh? How many posts on missing features .. I WANT I WANT I WANT ,, and I WANT IT NOW! We all knew what we were buying and I for one never put any stock into the "its coming" because in the real world we call that "vapourware" until its there. If the promised stuff is what you need - don't buy until its delivered, otherwise you will be miserable for a looooong time.

Even positive posts are dragged down and spiralled into an "us" vs. "them" post, where eventually the poster's very sanity is questionned! So enough for me. So go ahead, bash this post to bits, bash my sanity to bits, bash my reasoning (or lack of) the only thing I know is that I enjoy my PlayBook, and will continue to enjoy it every day for what its offering me NOW - and every new feature that will eventually one day maybe show up, will be like a gift!

Live long and prosper!
    06-17-11 09:24 AM
    leaving after 14 posts?
    06-17-11 09:28 AM
    Well said OP. Enjoy your playbook. I know I'm loving mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-11 09:39 AM
    give it another chance and ignore posts like that... :-)
    06-17-11 09:56 AM
    Can't say that I blame you. I'm a newby here as well and I generally don't read more than one or two posts each time I log on. I already know what the rest say.
    06-17-11 10:01 AM
    this forum start to look more apple oriented than rim subforum for pb.
    most of it is moderators fault. they dont have "delete" nor "combine" buttons or they just dot care. mods, it's normal to warn people that they are double posting, it is normal to combine themes and lock them if needed. please use them.
    offthahorseceo likes this.
    06-17-11 10:18 AM
    what is so special about ANGRY BIRDS??
    06-17-11 10:21 AM
    I think the mods need to be a little more liberal with the bans.. I'm not trying to encourage censorship, but if it's obvious that a poster has nothing positive to contribute, who's going to miss them. Healthy debate is one thing.. Hashing out the same complaints, insults, and trolling is another. I say institute a 3-strikes inflammatory post policy & get rid of all of them.
    06-17-11 10:24 AM
    i'm a little curious why you care what other people on ANY internet forum say/think. in any case, tootles.
    06-17-11 10:25 AM
    The OP is "taking his talents" to another forum.
    06-17-11 10:29 AM
    Unfortunately the previous 1 month bans from the last great cleansing just expired and some perma bans need to be thrown out. Unfortunately a lot of the vocal and negative users of other devices on this forum have to overcompensate for other shortcomings. They are like the nerd version of of the old Hummer H1/H2 owner jokes.
    grover5 likes this.
    06-17-11 10:31 AM
    VERY well said badboygt

What would be nice is an additional PB sub-forum for people looking for help. Start it with the 'tips & tricks' sticky post from this one.
    Or... add a moan & groan sub-forum to have a place to move the negative posting to.
    My $.02
    06-17-11 10:34 AM
    The moderators aren't here to babysit, if someone posts something to you don't like to read, simple move on. This is the internet and it's full of so many different personalities. It is also full of opinions... just like the saying "opinions are like bumholes, everybody has one" especially in forums.
    But if you still chose to leave... I wish you luck in your future endeavors
    06-17-11 10:39 AM
    we need key apps to get this thing to blow up before another 7 inch tablet does.
    Then we'll ACTUALLY have something to talk about.

Why not start a thread of awesome things YOU'VE done with it rather then trash everyone else? Get off the sidelines, and get on the court!!

I've put a ton of movies on mine, we use it for recipies in the kitchen as well as catching up on tv shows wherever in the house, looking up all sorts of baby stuff at night etc..

You know what.. since you wont, I WILL...

-pim, skype etc.. and commercials demoing the gestures more may help with the trolls, through they'll just bash it no matter what.
    -then dev's MAY jump on it, and the snowball can begin with appropriate apps that are not just web pages or air.
    things like BB video chat will be more meaningfull when the phones get a front camera.
    otherwise, we may just have a sick media player/web browser.
    06-17-11 10:41 AM
    badboygt, I completely understand your frustration. Even newbies are afraid to ask questions in fear of getting the canned "duh, did you try doing this, or that?". Believe it or not, this attitude exists outside this forum, in everyday life. I worked with a major Oil and Gas corporation for many years and was amazed at some people's attitudes and similar responses to above, in what is supposed to be a professional environment. Unfortunately, this is the world we live in and you will always get all sorts.

However, if everyone had this attitude, then how can we make the world a better place? In this case, evil will always triumph over good, war will always trump peace, and negative useless forums will wipe out informative and useful ones.

The are a lot of people that spend many hours of their time posting informative and very useful posts and articles in this forum. I for one have learnt a lot from this forum, and hopefully, some users have learnt a little from me too. You will encounter the negative and "duh" comments wherever you go, but it's up to you to take those with a grain of salt and move on and contribute in a more positive manner if you are able to do so. So I say to you, if you feel you have potential to contribute in a positive manner to this forum and help other users out, then don't throw in the towel. This is still a very good forum for everything BlackBerry and I for one think that it has great future potential. Good luck with your choices.
    06-17-11 11:02 AM
    I love my pb...... nuff said!!! (-:
    06-17-11 11:06 AM
    I get a kick out of people that feel a need to post a long departure letter instead of just leaving a forum.

Why do people do this?
    06-17-11 11:13 AM
    Hey OP,
    Don't take the negative posts personally. That's the trick. If people want to wallow in the negative, let them. Who cares?
    I too have learned from the good here. I just leave my BS filter on and it's all good.

Cheers,
    06-17-11 11:33 AM
    Wow, one day of responses to an extremely important RIM reporting call--the very type of thing that will get discussed on any power users' forum, one where people with an enterprise stake in the company frequent, and you have a problem with that?

I've been here over a year and to cite market comments as some sort of hyperactive burden is really going waaay over the top. I have to question your assessment of everything based on this overreaction.

Then you add to the divisiveness and black and white tone that you decry by insinuating that people on here are demanding perfection?

I'm not sure I've ever seen one single post that wanted perfection or anything close from the PlayBook yet. The issue is a lot of folks feel let down, DESPITE their managed expectations of a new device. There are a LOT of these people and whether I agreed with them or not, their facts and details back it up and no one should be surprised.

Seems you are doing a lot more feeling than reading, which is always a mistake.

People have been ticked off at the most basic of things that should have been in place: not being able to back up, weak file management and an OS upgrade that fried dozens of what few applications they have found--in addition to rendering App World unusable for days and a RIM support that was caught with its head in a spin in the process--for days.

Just for example.

Every single last forum on the internet devolves to the lowest common denominator... good Gawd try going to a film forum to discuss a challenging movie some time... and I'd say this one is definitely a cut above, despite the pollyanna fanboy ranks that take umbrage at every criticism and fail to realize that some people have enterprise grade needs and expectations from Blackberry while others are more into gaming, multimedia and browsing.

Colossal difference, in case you didn't know.

If you think a $700 device can time out after five minutes of streaming and not be criticized by sophisticated or professional users on a forum, than yeah, after fourteen posts, adios.

I'd avoid every other web-based forum while I was at it, too.

Agree with the other guy as well, what's with the dear John letter? If you really wanted to go, you'd just go. If you were truly fixing to leave, which is a given you are not, you'd just cut the cord. That's what I did last week with the film forum full of all or nothing tools of opinion grew too noisy and simian for a civilized gent such as myself.

After all, what film's perfect?

Oh wait, there's tons of them--just like various devices I could name.
    Last edited by Maestrodog; 06-17-11 at 11:47 AM.
    06-17-11 11:44 AM
    Crackberry is too valuable to let the trolls chase us off. That's what they troll for - disruption. It can be irritating, but I've found with use of the Ignore List and reporting the obvious trolls to the mods helps a lot. The mods can't read every thread so we need to help notify them of problem posters. Even in your post complaining about the problem, you've got trolls gloating about their annoyance factor.

Without you're help here, its just one less person fighting for good.
    06-17-11 11:51 AM
    'Penultimate' means 'second to last.'
    06-17-11 01:29 PM
    The Op is weak, apparently it is too much for him to handle, his feelings are hurt. I love my playbook too but that doesn't mean that I don't have issues with it and want to see improvements. Why does everything has to be a positive post, nothing wrong with criticism....bye bye...fairwell
    06-17-11 03:24 PM
    If you want to avoid the negativity avoid the Pb forum section
    06-17-11 03:34 PM
    The Op is weak, apparently it is too much for him to handle, his feelings are hurt. I love my playbook too but that doesn't mean that I don't have issues with it and want to see improvements. Why does everything has to be a positive post, nothing wrong with criticism....bye bye...fairwell
    You are right, there is nothing wrong with criticism. Constructive criticism is a good thing. Unfortunately, we have quite a few posters on this forum that hijack threads and flood them with nothing but rants with no constructive intent at all. Now all too often, those few informative threads worth reading get diluted to death with the trash talk. I've been a member on CB for a couple years now, and I've certainly never seen it this bad. Mods need to get heavy handed with a perma ban for some of these adam-henry's that havn't learned a lesson yet. No one will miss them.
    06-17-11 03:56 PM
    You are right, there is nothing wrong with criticism. Constructive criticism is a good thing. Unfortunately, we have quite a few posters on this forum that hijack threads and flood them with nothing but rants with no constructive intent at all. Now all too often, those few informative threads worth reading get diluted to death with the trash talk. I've been a member on CB for a couple years now, and I've certainly never seen it this bad. Mods need to get heavy handed with a perma ban for some of these adam-henry's that havn't learned a lesson yet. No one will miss them.
    Amen!! Permabans for all of them. Seriously though, it takes a lot more effort to find useful info/interesting convos on CB than it used to. Not that I haven't complained about the playbook, but at the ndy least I try to keep it constructive/productive.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    06-17-11 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD