If the playbook doesnt match up to the iPad for you then just sell it/return it/burn it/mail it to me, whatever u want! Don't come here complaining or looking for advice just hit the door and dont let it hit you back! RIM will do just fine without you! Believe that!!!! I did my research since last year when the playbook was first announced and by March was well informed to the point that without even having my hands on the playbook, I knew it was what i wanted. I gave my iPad to my teen brother and never looked back..... The playbook did it for me!!!!! Even with its few bugs i still love its portability, performance and most importantly potential.
    05-14-11 10:34 PM
    05-14-11 10:52 PM
    It is nice that RIM showed some preference toward BB users, but very wrong for them to ignore the rest of the population by saying no bridge, no email, calendar, messing,..
    If you don't like it, don't read it. I never want bridge with non-BB phones, and I don't want the corporate level BB mail. RIM can easily put out an smtp based mail app for non BB owners at launch. They chose not too.
    Uh, first, you listed the bridge as one of things RIM said no to for non-BB users.

Second, once again, native email is coming. If it were something they could have easily done for launch date, I'm pretty sure they would have. Same goes for auto-correct within the browser, full media file access in the bridge, 800,000 apps in the app store, and everything else that you people keep complaining about that wasn't available on April 19.
    05-14-11 10:52 PM
    Hmm... well RIM is addressing the issue and recalling the products, unlike Apple... and all you iFans come to BB to gloat about what??? Check this link out:

iPad Fail: Users Experiencing Issues | PCWorld

That gave me a good chuckle as well...
    05-14-11 11:14 PM
    BTW ItsmeDavid, since you've sold you PB why are you still lurking?? Are you still trying to justify your decision? You made your choice, go forward...
    05-14-11 11:15 PM
    Haha yea why can't people just stop lying to themselves and just straight say how the product really is and not stand behind them like there part owners of the company like get over yourselves.
    05-14-11 11:26 PM
    If quoting year-old PC World magazine articles bashing Apple products makes you laugh, then I am happy for you.
    My point is recalls happen, to gloat about it is just ignorant because iPads also have issues but I'm not on their forum gloating about it.

Name 1 big ticket item that hasn't had a recall of some kind? Ford, Toyota, GM, Dell all off them have had recalls.

So yeah I can get my amusement anyway I want especially if Apple was facing bigger issues on its release then PB is facing now with its recall.

Anyhow we are now way way of topic. The OP already returned his PB and ordered is iPad2.

I have no issue with my PB and if I did then I'm not posting and asking people if I should return it. I would simply make a decision and return it.
    05-14-11 11:33 PM
    you do know that those issues are nothing compared to pbs right? and you sre aware of the amazing support apple gives right? ive even read stories online about users who accidentally dropped their ipads and apple replaced them at no cost. yes thats right no cost. if youre questioning apple support then you really have a grudge against them. my guess is that yiuve never owned an apple product in your life.
    Hmm... did you return your iPhone4 and get it replaced when you started dropping calls on it because your hand accidentally covered the antenna? Or did you just hold it like Steve told you to?? Did you drop your iPad and did they replace it?? I would believe you if you had proof but it's just urban legend to me right now... I have collegues who have had issues with their apple products and no they never got any replacement... my kid has an issue with his iPod and they just told him too bad so sad get a new one... and no I never own an apple product, never will, never wanted to... I get great support for every other piece of electronic equipment I've purchased so why do I need to join the iPopulation?
    05-14-11 11:40 PM
    iJobness has clearly stated that it will not be tether to the iPhone. Read his press releases... can't make something up like that...

Apple's iPad Won't Tether with iPhone, Report Says | PCWorld
    I don't know about "tethering", but I can share the 3G internet connection from my iPhone with the iPad and the PlayBook via Wi-Fi.
    05-15-11 09:33 AM
    Hmm... well RIM is addressing the issue and recalling the products, unlike Apple... and all you iFans come to BB to gloat about what??? Check this link out:

iPad Fail: Users Experiencing Issues | PCWorld

That gave me a good chuckle as well...
    also gave me a laugh, all the ifans here are obvious closet bb fans as well
    Daniel Ratcliffe likes this.
    05-15-11 10:23 PM
110 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD