A few weeks ago someone posted an interesting query. I believe it was "if your PlayBook broke what would you moved to?"

Well my playbook hasent broken yet but I did notice a considerable drop in battery time based on my personal usage. A year ago I would go an entire week with out needing to rechage it it was amazing! That's what sold me on the it in the first place! I took it camping I took it everywhere! Over the last few monethes I've noticed that the battery would drain sometimes in a week and often in two days and or 4 -6 hoursor 20% while reading for a hour or less.

Honestly it's still not bad. It's great actually but I wanted to retire it. It's had a terribly difficult life. It's gone to the repair shop twice there dust inbetween the three layers of the screen assembly dents in the bezel three of the corners. The soft touch finish is wearing off in the corners and the glass is just bearly starting to pickup scratches because I just removed it's fourth screen protector.

I wanted it's last few years to be the opposite of its first two. In complete relaxation. I handed it down to my sister. She is 8 and she loves it. She calls it her paintbook because of the paintbook app. She is so used to it I thought it natural for her to use it.

For myself I got the new retina display ipad mini. Becuase my I gave my mum an ipad air and I fell for it. I wanted the mini because the air feels cheap and weak compared to the PlayBook honestly so does the new mini. On both devices the glass feels weakly thin compared to PlayBook. Oh and the speakers! Apple calls this stereo?

I'll miss using it as my daily driver though, my PlayBook! It's survived life, my life and nothing will honestly live up to par. This new mini is going to have to try to fill shoes I'd rather left unfilled.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 11:36 PM
    The PB wasn't a bad device. It just lacked the apps
    I wonder whether the new CEO may consider at least updating the runtime
    Apple products have always been disappointing. They are marketed to be amazing, but in real like, they're nothing spectacular
    11-17-13 11:56 PM
    Use whatever makes you feel right man!
    The PlayBook does seem to have a special place in the tablet category for most that have used it (Only have used one for a half hour myself). It's a great device tbh, just lacked the apps. Your sister will probably be fond of it!
    I love to use everything (BlackBerry first for me tho), but can never seem to get fond of anything Apple branded

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 11:58 PM
    Use whatever makes you feel right man!
    The PlayBook does seem to have a special place in the tablet category for most that have used it (Only have used one for a half hour myself). It's a great device tbh, just lacked the apps. Your sister will probably be fond of it!
    I love to use everything (BlackBerry first for me tho), but can never seem to grt fond of anything Apple branded

Posted via CB10
    It's like my netbook versus my laptop. Several years ago (when I was in high school), I bought my first computer, a netbook. That was the only computer in my house at the time, so that was the only computer I ever used for anything. Because of this, I got used to how ridiculously underpowered and slow it was. I mean, it didn't even run the full version of Windows (only the Starter version), and if I right-clicked on the desktop, it would sometimes take a full 30 seconds for the menu to appear. Opening more than 10 browser tabs would slow the thing to a crawl, and it often crashed.

Well, five or six months ago I bought a used full-size laptop with decent power. The thing is blazingly fast compared to the netbook, but it's just so honking HUGE and the battery life sucks. I can't just pull it out in lectures because I have nowhere to put it and the battery might die anytime. So I've found myself using the netbook again. The battery lasts +6 hours and it's amazingly light. I've used it so much that the trackpad is completely worn smooth, and it's sturdy enough that I've dropped it down the stairs a few times and it's survived, which my laptop would definitely not.

Moral of the story? Bigger, faster, and newer is not always better.

Posted via CB10
    eldricho and lui22 like this.
    11-18-13 12:12 AM
    Right now I'm testing the RdMini for screen retention which is something that I had never thought of as a problem on PlayBook.

Playbook was such a hard worker and I demanded as it's 100 percent and it always gave me what it had all of it! Like I said the RdMini has some big shoes to fill. I'm just gladd my PlayBook will go be in good care with my sister.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 12:46 AM
    I still love my BlackBerry PlayBook and still use it everyday.

Recently, I went to a conference and brought my new Nexus 7 - 2013 tablet along and my PlayBook... I was talking notes with my Nexus, but was making so many mistakes typing out my notes and keeping up with the presentation, so I switched back to my beloved PlayBook to continue my notes. I love this keyboard, it's intuitive word predictions, and the ease at which I could two finger type over the Nexus device.

I bought my Dad a PlayBook for Christmas many years back, as I was setting it up for him I fell in love with the true Multitasking ability and all that this amazing tablet had to offer, so I had to buy one for myself.
    I asked my Dad if he want a newer tablet a couple weeks back, but he responded no... he loves his PlayBook too much to get rid of his tablet. We videochat quite a bit and if I'm away from my Playbook I can answer the videochat via my Z10.
    BioDave1955 likes this.
    11-18-13 02:08 AM