Wow, although I admittedly was quite worried about shopblackberry, I ordered on the weekend and it arrived this morning. Of course I had to work all day and wait patiently to come home and try it out. Very first thoughts (after about one hour of use for the FIRST TIME ever):

Wow, this is easy! I have never so much as touched one of these devices. I only saw some reviews..that is it. I unboxed it, started it up, was prepared thanks to the help of some really nice folks here (had the software installed on the PC side, wifi ready, etc) and off I went. It did have one system update initially which took a few minutes, but upon reboot I was able to test her out.

Very easy to use. Ridiculously easy as a matter of fact. I come from many android devices (Toshiba Thrive, ASUS Slider, etc) and while they are not bad in the way they control and perform, this by far blows them out of the water. I feel relaxed using it. It just feels simple and natural...the way one of these devices *should* feel. In other words, it is an absolute pleasure to navigate and use!

The screen is gorgeous. I don't know if I have ever seen a better screen...even on the IPS displays (ie: Transformer). It is so bright and clear. No screen bleeding, no dead pixels...I am SO happy about that.

I installed some emulators I downloaded from the forums previously using DDPB, and that went through without a hitch. I was up and running in no time.

I took a break and figured I'd give it a nice full charge. Man, I cannot say enough good about this device. I feel compelled honestly to purchase a "spare"...this is how much I like it. After using the smooth, simplistic but functional interface, I don't think I can look at Android the same way again. Not bashing Android (again, I own MANY devices..even my phone which is the EVO 3D), but I am just being honest in saying that this is just a much more fluid and useful interface in my opinion. Multitasking is REAL here.

Well, tomorrow will be another great day with my new favorite device!
    02-08-12 10:22 PM
    Glad to hear your another happy pb user. Welcome!!!
    02-08-12 10:25 PM
    Welcome! Be sure and check out the Newbie Tips and Tricks sticky, it'll give you a great head start on getting the most out of your new PB. Congrats and enjoy
    02-08-12 10:42 PM
    i got mine today too. Thanks for writing a post that mirrors my feelings. I love this thing!
    The bridge is very cool and I transferred a movie onto the PB, it looks great.
    02-08-12 10:48 PM
    Welcome ;
    02-08-12 10:56 PM
    Welcome to the Brotherhood! Crackberry is an awesome site for ANY Blackberry owner. if you havent download the Crackberry App from App World! You'll have all of the latest from Crackberry right there on you PB! I also suggest joining one of the Playbook BBM Groups too, there you will meet a lot of other "members" of the Brotherhood!
    02-09-12 07:29 AM
    Welcome to the Brotherhood! Crackberry is an awesome site for ANY Blackberry owner. if you havent download the Crackberry App from App World! You'll have all of the latest from Crackberry right there on you PB! I also suggest joining one of the Playbook BBM Groups too, there you will meet a lot of other "members" of the Brotherhood!

Thanks for the tip! Day two with the playbook and I am amazed even more. I downloaded some apps (purchased some too) and actually found a "Tri-Towers" game that brings me back to those good ol' bar days! Well, the bar days are still here....just the machine to play Tri-Towers is not there

The sound on this device is something else. Playing some Slacker Radio (classic rock, what else?) is mind blowing. I'm positive it is better with headphones, but even without the sound is just great. Last time I heard a portable device sound this good was on my good ol' Tapwave Zodiac!

I just love this thing. I can't see how anyone can knock it. I am really rooting for RIM. I hope to see future Playbook incarnations with this stellar OS. It is truly a breath of fresh air in a world filled with complex craziness.

A little background on me:

I work tech support for a major player in video cards, desktop/laptop memory, USB flash devices, SSD drives, flash media, and more. I can't say WHO unfortunately (company rules) but as anyone can imagine I am bogged down with "techi-ness" each day. My life is extremely complex, and the thing I try to avoid when I come home is to tinker too much with my own devices (although that does not work out as I want most of the time). The PB has proven so far to be what it was designed for...simple simple fun. I read many people online complaining that it did not have this or that. Who the heck needs it. It works as intended...simple and joyful. I think we all need to kick back to that in our hectic lives!
    02-09-12 10:56 PM
    How to find the Playbook BBM group?
    02-10-12 02:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD