Well it had to come, no help on the Blackberry PlayBook side can't justify the electric in charging it up as only used as an Internet radio device now. Still using my Z10
    Well it had to come :(-tabs.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 09:40 AM
    I use my PB as an alarm clock. Easy to read and runs all night in bedside mode.
    5parkey likes this.
    11-22-14 09:55 AM
    Consider wearing it on your wrist as a genuine BlackberryWatch...
    11-22-14 10:28 AM
    Still love mine. I have the Neutron music player installed on my playbook. This is on a charging stand and linked to Bose Soundlink by bluetooth. I also use it to play Slacker radio.
    Carl Estes and 5parkey like this.
    11-22-14 11:01 AM
    There have been threads sharing creative ways people use their PBs. Still use all 3 of mine constantly for business and pleasure. Don't let it gather dust, I bet you can find some great use for it besides a doorstop.

Posted via CB from "Z" best
    awindsr and 5parkey like this.
    11-22-14 01:35 PM
    Still love mine. I have the Neutron music player installed on my playbook. This is on a charging stand and linked to Bose Soundlink by bluetooth. I also use it to play Slacker radio.
    You can also use Spotify on browser brah!

Supporting Communism Worldwide via my STA100-5 Z30 ?
    5parkey likes this.
    11-22-14 04:25 PM
    Tune In on browser works great.

tv.tunein.com

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 04:56 AM
    It still has plenty of uses. You just have to get rid of the Anti-Blackberry attitude, like a lot of the commenters on here have, and continue to be supportive of the PlayBook. Leave all the non-believers go to their iPads and Android stuff.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. My PlayBook works well, and does a great job of emails, browsing, taking photos, video chat, etc.

You just can't make some people happy. Don't bother trying.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 08:15 PM
    K9 on Android kills the PlayBook email client, of which there is just one. Fast Browser and Origami can't hold a candle to a proper browser like Firefox or Chrome on Android because the underlying Webkit core on the PlayBook is seriously outdated. I can't justify using Android apps on PB because the runtime is so buggy and slow whereas good native apps have been mostly abandoned.

I was supportive of the PlayBook right down to trying to hack the firmware and coding new Qt and BB10 apps for it. Both Quixotic endeavors, I'm afraid - the PlayBook is not a rational choice if you're looking for a proper productivity device.
    5parkey and LeKeiser like this.
    12-01-14 03:21 AM
    I use my PB as an alarm clock. Easy to read and runs all night in bedside mode.
    Interesting! How large is the clock on the PB in the Bedside Mode? I currently use my Z30 for that, which has a much larger clock than my Z10 or Q10, but the bigger, the better. Without glasses, the large clock is needed to be able to see comfortably without squinting.
    5parkey likes this.
    12-01-14 03:34 AM
    Just an update sold the Playbook, freed up a bit of space on my shelf couple of quid in the pocket
    Carl Estes likes this.
    04-08-15 01:19 PM
    I use a Playbook with a third party clock that can adjust color and dims for clock/alarm on the dock. Forgot the name.
    04-08-15 01:27 PM
    I use mine for Slacker Radio. Original interface and all

My son uses it to watch YouTube videos.
    04-09-15 12:27 AM
    Interesting! How large is the clock on the PB in the Bedside Mode? I currently use my Z30 for that, which has a much larger clock than my Z10 or Q10, but the bigger, the better. Without glasses, the large clock is needed to be able to see comfortably without squinting.
    It's huge compared to the phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 06:42 AM
    I use mine for Slacker Radio. Original interface and all
    I decided to use it for Pandora, but it keeps timing out. I MUST be overlooking something obvious, but I can't find the trick to keeping it from sleeping while streaming Pandora.
    04-14-15 12:37 AM
    I decided to use it for Pandora, but it keeps timing out. I MUST be overlooking something obvious, but I can't find the trick to keeping it from sleeping while streaming Pandora.
    Is Pandora Flash-based and just audio? (Forgive my ignorance, but I haven't used the service.) That should be able to play when the PB screen times out.

Are you using the stock browser? Is app behaviour set to "showcase" or something else?
    04-14-15 05:29 AM
    Is Pandora Flash-based and just audio? (Forgive my ignorance, but I haven't used the service.) That should be able to play when the PB screen times out.
    Are you using the stock browser? Is app behaviour set to "showcase" or something else?
    Pandora is US-based. Unless something has changed, can't access the service through Canadian IP address.
    04-14-15 06:08 AM
    Pandora is US-based. Unless something has changed, can't access the service through Canadian IP address.
    Yes, but p1800 is with T-Mobile, so presumably US-based.
    04-14-15 06:17 AM
    Good catch, mh1983. Yes, I'm in US on T-Mobile.
    Interesting question about what browser I'm using, because I'm not. I'm actually using the Apollo app to access Pandora. I guess I'll try accessing via browser and see if that works better. (I assumed I was overlooking a setting on the PB, but I guess it could be the app.)
    04-15-15 12:01 AM
    How do you enter bedside mode on the pb? I must be missing something but I have never had any bedside mode....

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 09:44 PM
    I was using pandora forever on apollo but it stopped working right and was constantly cutting out. Finally gave up using it on the playbook anymore and stuck the android version on BB10 and it seems to work fine, although i use other programs instead that have proven to be more reliable, like Slacker and Live365 both of which still have good functional native apps in OS7.
    04-16-15 03:04 AM