08-14-12 02:51 PM
    And you know its just a matter of time before they start bashing the playbook because it has flash!!!!l
    mandony likes this.
    08-14-12 03:25 PM
    well well.
    Since BlackBerry 7.x device don't support Flash, I would say this is perhaps a good news. Agree or disagree?
    08-14-12 03:27 PM
    This is NOT EXACTLY true...Adobe is not allowing instalation of Flash Player on any NEW mobile devices...and, as announced in November, they will not be supporting or developing Flash Player past FP11 for ANY mobile device...this would include BBOS10...but, since it was NOVEMBER when this was announced its sorta NON news!!!
    Last edited by mcaples; 08-14-12 at 03:43 PM.
    08-14-12 03:39 PM
    I don't get it. The same applies for the PlayBook as well, lol. It will only get security updates and fixes from here on out and those other devices that have it installed can keep it installed. Also, you can always side load it should you need it. On the PlayBook it's embedded, for better or worse.
    08-14-12 03:42 PM
    Ahh. So they won't support it on any Mobile platforms anymore?
    08-14-12 03:49 PM
    I don't get it. The same applies for the PlayBook as well, lol. It will only get security updates and fixes from here on out and those other devices that have it installed can keep it installed. Also, you can always side load it should you need it. On the PlayBook it's embedded, for better or worse.
    I'd thought RIM said that they would work at continuing support of Flash on the Playbook as well.
    herculesinwyoming likes this.
    08-14-12 03:57 PM
    I'd thought RIM said that they would work at continuing support of Flash on the Playbook as well.
    Correct as I've stated before adobe is done with mobile flash. The PlayBook doesn't use mobile flash it uses another variation.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    08-14-12 04:59 PM
    I'm can't predict the future but I'm almost sure blackberry devices will indeed the only ones with flash on new devices... RIM is updating flash in every os update (beta or official ) Jim balsillie did say bb will support html5 and flash, it doesn't matter how much haters try to bash RIM for still support flash, reality is flash is and still will be important on any browsers, I'm confident we bb users will have the best of both worlds!!!!
    08-14-12 05:10 PM
    Adobe gave the source code to RIM so that they can continue with it for the Playbook and BlackBerry10. It's all in Rims hands now.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    08-14-12 08:32 PM
    reality is flash is and still will be important on any browsers
    I think flash is becoming less important for the web, which is why Adobe have dropped the mobile development. Streaming media sites seem to be moving to HTML5, and I'll imagine those that are currently using Flash or Silverlight will migrate as the desktop development for those slows down in time. Do your daily browsing with flash turned off and all you'll miss are a few animated ads, which seem to get replaced with static gif/jpg versions anyway.

In three years time Flash will be as relevant as the RealPlayer and Shockwave browser plugins are now.
    08-15-12 06:41 AM
    Bla1ze is right. I side loaded it on to my Nexus 7. As you all know Jelly Bean doesn't get flash support.
    08-15-12 06:45 AM
    On a tablet without flash, how do you watch embedded flash videos like on yahoo and such?
    08-15-12 06:50 AM
    I think it's only a matter of time this happened to Flash. Some people aren't going to miss it while others will still sideload it to their devices.That said,everyone knows the content is going to move on in some way or another. It's just the times moving on...

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    08-15-12 06:56 AM
    Well I want flash until no one is using it online anymore. Until then yes I want it. It's going to take years for everything to change.
    08-15-12 07:01 AM
    For now, Amazon streaming video uses Flash. I'm sure Amazon is converting to something else (HTML5?). Does this mean, for now, PlayBook will be the only tablet able to play Amazon Prime content without an app?

I assume Kindle has a built in app.
    08-15-12 07:29 AM
    I will be happy to dance on Flash's grave. It is a terrible technology and filled with security flaws. I will be glad when nobody uses it and RIM can drop it from the Playbook.
    08-15-12 07:33 AM
    On a tablet without flash, how do you watch embedded flash videos like on yahoo and such?
    With Android there are a lotta alternatives as far as browsers go. I installed that Puffin Browser from Google Play and it supports flash real good. Of course, the one thing that won't work is Amazon prime. Chrome browser, which is the stock browser on Jelly Bean, has some nice features though.
    08-15-12 07:44 AM
    Web developers either love or hate flash. I think it will be around for a while yet. So I am glad I have my PB. It also still works on JellyBean so PB is not the only game in town...yet. But RIM should take advantage of the perception that is out there and tout flash.
    08-15-12 08:08 AM
    With Android there are a lotta alternatives as far as browsers go. I installed that Puffin Browser from Google Play and it supports flash real good. Of course, the one thing that won't work is Amazon prime. Chrome browser, which is the stock browser on Jelly Bean, has some nice features though.
    Well at least on Android you have alternative browsers. Now on an iPad do you have a way to watch embedded videos as well. Is there an app that enables it. Just asking, because I never had one.
    08-15-12 08:52 AM
    but if no major mobile device support for flash, whether there will be flash content for mobile device? If I were the company, I probably will abandon flash too. no android,no apple user can access, why bother
    Ned_Flanders likes this.
    08-15-12 09:04 AM
    but if no major mobile device support for flash, whether there will be flash content for mobile device?

Ah, Touche!

Lol

This is a bad situation for us all...

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-15-12 09:19 AM
    Now on an iPad do you have a way to watch embedded videos as well. Is there an app that enables it. Just asking, because I never had one.
    My wife has the first gen ipad and she never complains about embedded videos not working. BBC News, YouTube, I Can Haz Cheezburger and all those other websites stream video just fine without Flash. I'm assuming that those websites just serve up a HTML5 version of the page rather than Flash video.
    app_Developer likes this.
    08-15-12 09:29 AM
    Well at least on Android you have alternative browsers. Now on an iPad do you have a way to watch embedded videos as well. Is there an app that enables it. Just asking, because I never had one.
    To be honest, I hardly ever touch that iPad since I gave it to my better half a while ago, so I'm not quite sure. I'm assuming there has to be alternative browsers in the app store.
    08-15-12 10:17 AM
    Well I want flash until no one is using it online anymore. Until then yes I want it. It's going to take years for everything to change.
    I agree. I want my devices to have flash support now because it still exists. I am confused by devices that don't support flash because it is on the way out. Yes, on the way out, as in not totally out yet. By the time it is totally gone, the devices that didn't support it because it is being phased out will be obsolete and replaced anyway.

I guess I understand preparing a device for the future but I don't understand doing it at possible expense of function in the present.
    08-15-12 10:55 AM
100 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD