...was hoping that the vanishing bridge icon issue was a thing of the past. Guess not.
    02-27-12 08:20 PM
    I find I have this issue when I have been using bridge browser, leaving it open, putting the playbook in stand by, and when I open it again I am in a WiFi area. The bridge app is there but no icons in it.
    02-27-12 08:41 PM
    Still got same issue's as you guys. No bridge icons just bridge applications + the names of it
    02-27-12 08:45 PM
    Ditto for me as well. Has happened 3-4 times since upgrade. Restarting fixes, but for a shorter period than 1.x. Haven't found a common link to problem.
    02-27-12 08:58 PM
    I have the Bridge folder, when opened, all my bridge icons are there. Never lost them.
    02-27-12 09:01 PM
    Since the update, I haven't lost the bridge icons (touch wood) ... but perhaps I'm not using my bridge as much? I get my messages but don't actually go into the folder much ... just use the upper left hand icons to retrieve them?
    02-27-12 09:25 PM
    I didn't know this was an issue. I *only bridge and haven't lost of the icon yet. Hope I don't!
    02-27-12 09:30 PM
    I didn't know this was an issue. I *only bridge and haven't lost of the icon yet. Hope I don't!
    I am on the exact same boat. However, i notice that sometimes my wife PB would loose bridge folder altogether after a fresh reboot. All it took is to turning bridge back on and pick the BB of choice.

I should mention that I set up bridge at the very first start on the wifey. That is only different when I did mine.
    Last edited by doxa sub750T; 02-27-12 at 10:05 PM.
    02-27-12 09:51 PM
    You may be having some kind of problem -- or it might be feature.

With os2 you can uncheck certain apps in the phone-side bride app and those app icons will disappear from the bride folder on the playbook. However you will still be able to get the fuctionality via the "native" app on the Playbook. I know this works for calendar, messages and contacts. Some of the bride apps functionality can be accesses over bridge by by the os2 native apps when the Playbook is not connected to WIFI.

There is another active thread on this topic. See this thread:

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    Last edited by boldmiata; 02-28-12 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Removed obsoleted
    02-27-12 09:56 PM
    The bride apps are essentially obsoleted by the os2. native apps.
    The bridge-mode functionality is still in daily use so it is hardly obsolete.
    02-28-12 12:23 AM
    Well the icon's dont totally "disappear", i wasnt accurate there, what many of us experience is that the the titles of the icons, the text, remains... But no pictures. So you can still use the bridge features (messages, bbm, etc), its just a visual eye sore. Havent found the exact pattern of when it occurs (rebooting the tablet always fixes it), but another poster suggested one and i will have to see if that what happens in my case.

I was hoping that OS 2 would fix the issue. Perhaps with time and updates...

The bride apps are essentially obsoleted by the os2. native apps.
    How is that native bbm working for you?

There is another active thread on this topic.
    If there was one regarding missing bridge icons in respect to OS 2, I didnt see it and apologize for forum heresy.
    Last edited by kb5zht; 02-28-12 at 05:15 AM.
    02-28-12 05:12 AM
    Bridge is definitely not obsolete for those of us that don't have wifi!
    02-28-12 06:00 AM
    I've only gotten this problem since OS2. I call them my ghost apps because they're there and they work but I can't see 'em. They even have shadows but nothing casting them. The weirdest parts are the floating red asterisk when there's a message waiting and the grey Bridge folder with no mini icons inside.
    02-29-12 08:46 AM
    How do you take screen shots?
    02-29-12 09:47 AM
    How do you take screen shots?
    Hold the - and + volume buttons at the same time.
    02-29-12 09:59 AM
    I have a read a lot of Playbook problems with both OS 1.0 and 2.0, and I don't know exactly what's going on, but I have never had any of these problems. Maybe I just got a GOOD batch (from BestBuy), sometimes I wonder if the problems I read about come from sideloading, rooting or just doing things that the PlayBook wasn't designed to do. My PlayBook has been functioning flawlessly since I bought it in May, I guess "knock on wood" is in order. Oh yea, by the way....I have never done a security wipe, I just download OTA whenever a update was available, and rebooted........Guess I got LUCKY
    Serkle K likes this.
    02-29-12 10:18 AM
    My Bridge icons also, occasionally, vanish from the Bridge folder. They only come back if I reboot the PB. I haven't tried recreating the BT Bridge setup.

Who ever thinks that Bridge is obsolete, because we now have native PIM, is mistaken.
    Initially I had added some of my accounts to the native PIM, just to test it, but for security reasons I would never keep my Personal and Corporate (BES) information on my personal tablet when I can simply Bridge to get it. If you have a BB there is simply no need to have the PIM info on both devices...IMO.

Not to mention, my daughter occasionally takes the PB to school.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    02-29-12 11:04 AM
    I have this problem as well.
    03-02-12 12:57 PM
    Hey this issue is back (new to me), now with 2.1..1526

Any ideas to make them comeback
    02-18-13 09:30 AM
    please provide more details. screenshots are also very helpful. if the icons were there yesterday and all of a sudden are gone today, restart your playbook and report back
    02-18-13 09:32 AM
    This happened two days ago, did a hard restart and they came back, and have disappeared again. The titles of the bridge function still there, and their function still works
    02-18-13 09:37 AM
    they should come back. lots of stories like this. restart fixes them. sorry if it takes a few more with you
    London_Call_Me likes this.
    02-18-13 10:04 AM
    Thanks, the reboot makes them come back. After doing a bit of app filing into folders, they disappear again - so assume that is the trigger. An annoyance at worst.

Cheers
    nappp likes this.
    02-18-13 10:09 AM
    you're welcome. is your storage almost full? might make things unpredictable
    02-18-13 11:38 AM
    Still have tons 32 of 64gb free
    02-18-13 12:20 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD