Hi All,

Just recently, I been unable to connect my PB to my home network. It was working fine previously and all my other hardware, such as my BB 9930, ipad, etc. connect just fine. I have a saved network for my home wifi but I get the following on the PB and it wont connect or obtain an ip address:

" This configuration has been disabled. Unable to aquired(sic, RIM should use spell check) an IP address. Verify saved network security settings."

Now I have not changed anything with my home network and the PB is the only hardware having trouble. I have the latest OS: 1.08.6067.

So, any thoughts? I have deleted the saved network and acquired a new one. Got a connection for awhile and then the same issue crops up.

Additional weirdness now. I cannot bridge the PB with my BB. I never had a problem with this before and now the PB sees my BB, but cannot authenticate the bridge. I have the newest releases installed on every piece of hardware. I have deleted my BB from the PB and tried again to no avail.

Any thoughts please? Regards, John
    Last edited by Noari1; 01-18-12 at 12:48 PM.
    01-18-12 12:33 PM
    Do you have connection limits on your wap?
    01-18-12 12:45 PM
    No security on the wifi router at all. I live in a rural area.
    01-18-12 12:52 PM
    Do you have a router attached?
    Can you reset that?
    I had trouble connecting, after my router was reset.
    Perhaps there was commotion at the server level...
    01-18-12 01:07 PM
    Hi All,

Just recently, I been unable to connect my PB to my home network. It was working fine previously and all my other hardware, such as my BB 9930, ipad, etc. connect just fine. I have a saved network for my home wifi but I get the following on the PB and it wont connect or obtain an ip address:

" This configuration has been disabled. Unable to aquired(sic, RIM should use spell check) an IP address. Verify saved network security settings."

Now I have not changed anything with my home network and the PB is the only hardware having trouble. I have the latest OS: 1.08.6067.

So, any thoughts? I have deleted the saved network and acquired a new one. Got a connection for awhile and then the same issue crops up.

Additional weirdness now. I cannot bridge the PB with my BB. I never had a problem with this before and now the PB sees my BB, but cannot authenticate the bridge. I have the newest releases installed on every piece of hardware. I have deleted my BB from the PB and tried again to no avail.

Any thoughts please? Regards, John
    With the wifi issue, there are scores of threads on it- but you can try the following quick fix. Turn off the 'n' setting on your router if you have b/g/n router, and give it a shot. Offcourse after you reset the router, delete the wifi connection and re-establish it again.

With the bridge issue- give this a shot.
    Make sure that you have the latest Bridge app on your BB as per your OS on the BB. I am guessing you have that. Just to be safe double check.
    Delete the bridge pair on the PB with the BB. Shut down the PB. Do a battery pull on the BB phone, reboot. Re-establish a new Bridge connection and give it a shot.

Good luck
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-18-12 02:02 PM
    Have you restarted your pb.

Press and hold the Power button 10 to 15 seconds.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shoot and probably missed the PowerButton.

You could also try changing router settings since you mention that it did reconnect. Disable the N setting. Also some folks have noted that changing the router Channel can help if others nearby are using that channel (you did note rural though). Any new cordless phone?
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-18-12 02:53 PM
    I solved a similar problem simply by changing the band type on your playbook's network settings from Dual to 2.4GHz.
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-18-12 03:21 PM
    Mine did this randomly this weekend. I deleted the saved network completely, and started over and it synced fine
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-18-12 04:05 PM
    Thank you everyone. The reboot of the PB and the battery pull of the BB did the trick. Thanks all so much for your help.
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-18-12 10:40 PM
    Yay!!! A round of 'Likes' and 'Thanks' to the posters that helped you solve your problem!!!

Well done Crackberrians!
    anindoc likes this.
    01-18-12 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD