Has anyone experienced this with any other site? I've tried several times to visit this site coldwatercreek. However everytime I navigate to this site on my Playbook I get the following error...

Attachment 95415

Does anyone else receive this error when navigating to this site via your Playbook?? Is there a fix for it? Or is the issue with the website itself?
    10-17-11 08:56 PM
    same error here so not device specific. Odd thing is it loads on my torch fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-11 09:07 PM
    Yeah, I tried it too and got the same error.

10-17-11 09:10 PM
    same error here so not device specific. Odd thing is it loads on my torch fine.

Yeah I'm able to go to the site on my 9850... but would like to use my Playbook while at work to cruise the site and do a little shopping... lol

Oh well, maybe 2.0 will be released soon that will bring a fix...
    10-17-11 09:28 PM
    this important website dont work and dont open at al on my playbook ! weird
    (it is the metro website in Brussels) :
    STIB - Se d�placer
    anyone ??
    10-18-11 04:47 AM
    I wouldn't necessarily fault the PlayBook for this. While it appears to maybe be the "only" device you know of that does this, Grooveshark has also not worked on the PlayBook.

Having said that, I've been lead to believe that the Grooveshark error is a coding error on THEIR end - so could the website you're talking about not work for the same reason? If there's something that can be done code-wise, a slight modification to the website, which will in turn result in it functioning on the PlayBook, I don't see it as a PlayBook problem personally.
    10-18-11 06:12 AM
    I get that same message when trying to log into gmail without first signing into google.
    10-18-11 06:39 AM
    So it won't display the page without being logged in first?
    10-18-11 06:41 AM
    Just tried gmail again and no problem today. Must had fixed whatever the problem was so maybe the op's site will work if they fix the problem also.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-18-11 06:48 AM
    10-18-11 07:34 AM
    I could be wrong, but I did some troubleshooting and googling about this error (which I get too) and it seems related to improper coding on the website's side. The error seems related to not closing tags properly.

You can run the website against an HTML validator to see the issues it has, such as:

The W3C Markup Validation Service

Of course, running Crackberry in the same validator shows worse results, yet we can view the website just fine.

So whether a browser is able to display it or not may have to do with the chosen DTD and how well the developer conformed to it, plus how sensitive the browser is to areas that stray from the DTD.

A DTD is a Data Type Definition, which is a set of rules that you agree to conform to when writing your code (DTD Tutorial).

coldwatercreek uses such a type definition --

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

It is equally possible, however, that the Playbook's browser is not fully in line with the standards (or at least not as tolerant of errors). Internet Explorer is notorious for straying from agreed-upon specifications.

Like I said, I could be wrong, but this is my thinking.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-18-11 08:43 AM
    Opens fine on the Xoom.
    10-18-11 09:17 AM
    Does anyone else receive this error when navigating to this site via your Playbook?? Is there a fix for it? Or is the issue with the website itself?
    Opens fine on the Xoom.
    Good thing this is an Android tablet forum, and the OP asked about the site opening on the Xoom too. Note the sarcasm....

EDIT: Just need to add this: No wonder you need to post here. Has anyone with an Android tablet checked out the tablet forums on AndroidCentral.com? It's like a ghost town. I have two Android tablets, and I've posted questions and comments there that have went unanswered for days if not weeks. It's sad really.
    Last edited by NickA44; 10-18-11 at 09:52 AM.
    10-18-11 09:49 AM
    Good thing this is an Android tablet forum, and the OP asked about the site opening on the Xoom too. Note the sarcasm....
    Trolls start with the letter T, along with that one slang term on the body of a female.
    10-18-11 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD