HP just announced it will be going open source. Would it make sense for RIM to make a WebOS player for the Playbook when this happens, or just focus on Android?
    12-10-11 07:45 AM
    HP just announced it will be going open source. Would it make sense for RIM to make a WebOS player for the Playbook when this happens, or just focus on Android?
    Go read the post on Android Central about how this could affect Android. Same would apply for RIM really. Browse the source code and use what you can. I dont think a WebOS player would be ideal. They've already pretty much ripped off the UI, now they can do it legally lol

http://www.androidcentral.com/what-o...-means-android
    12-10-11 07:51 AM
    WEBOS going Open could be the Best option . Glad they chose it. If it dosn't have the same level of App's , it can't really compete on Hardware. It dosn't exist on enough Hardware for Dev's to consider major investment in Apps. I like Webos and wish it well.
    PB on the other hand is in a real transitional phase. I don't play AngryBurd. take an App like New360 do the Dev's care anymore about the Playbook version ? It's the worst implementation of the App i've seen yet. How long ago was the Android player supposed to be out. I don't know I just got a 16gb PB a couple weeks ago. But it's not the best idea. I'm sure Droves would dump QNX for ICS if RIM let it happen.
    12-10-11 09:54 AM
    for WHAT?... if they could they'd iOS app player but not WebOS... thats taking steps backwards
    12-10-11 11:37 AM
    I don't see why it couldn't happen, but I can't think of any webOS apps I'd want.
    12-10-11 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD