Ok, I've been trying to figure this out, and it's not working. I currently use Funambol's OneMediaHub for syncing my calendar, contacts, tasks, and memo's. It works great on my 9810, and my computer. Funambol has come right out and declared that they will NOT be releasing a version that will work with BB10 OS. So I need to find a replacement. Now before everyone just immediately spouts off "Just use Google Calendar..." let me tell you, I've already tested that extensively, and it DOESN'T WORK. Not for what I do anyway. I have tried to export my current calendar entries to it by setting up sync on my phone, it never sends the entries I have on my phone already to google's calendar. I export using CSV files from my Outlook, and it loses all my recurring events, and then if I add the google account to my Playbook, it is read only, and doesn't update when changes are made! I am unable to add events from the Playbook to my Google calendar using the Native Playbook Calendar app. I figured maybe it was Google. So I worked for a while on setting up my own WebCalender server on my NAS here at home. It seems to work pretty well via the web site, but then when I add the account to the Playbook, again, it doesn't work. I am able to add the account, it shows up as an account in the Native Playbook Calendar, I set it to the default calendar, but I am unable to add events from the Playbook, and it doesn't update the calendar with events that I add to the calendar from the website. That's 0 for 2 now, and I'm afraid that I'm finally, after all these years, beginning to get a bit ticked off at Blackberry. I'm not sure how the other phone OS's do it as I'm not familiar with them, but is it really that difficult? I've spent hours upon hours of thought, and testing, and setting stuff up, and learning how to edit files in linux on my NAS, staying up late trying to set up an email and webcal server to test it out with, for several months now, trying to get ready for BB10. It's just infuriating! It shouldn't be this hard. Did I just miss the footnote somewhere that said the Native PB calendar doesn't work that way? Is it really only supposed to be self contained, and not be able to sync with anything else, despite being led to believe it does? I can't figure this out, and I'm about to give up. (I don't want to, but I've spent enough time and effort on this that I may be forced to) Help!

capT
    03-03-13 12:07 PM
    Ok, I've been trying to figure this out, and it's not working. I currently use Funambol's OneMediaHub for syncing my calendar, contacts, tasks, and memo's. It works great on my 9810, and my computer. Funambol has come right out and declared that they will NOT be releasing a version that will work with BB10 OS. So I need to find a replacement. Now before everyone just immediately spouts off "Just use Google Calendar..." let me tell you, I've already tested that extensively, and it DOESN'T WORK. Not for what I do anyway. I have tried to export my current calendar entries to it by setting up sync on my phone, it never sends the entries I have on my phone already to google's calendar. I export using CSV files from my Outlook, and it loses all my recurring events, and then if I add the google account to my Playbook, it is read only, and doesn't update when changes are made! I am unable to add events from the Playbook to my Google calendar using the Native Playbook Calendar app. I figured maybe it was Google. So I worked for a while on setting up my own WebCalender server on my NAS here at home. It seems to work pretty well via the web site, but then when I add the account to the Playbook, again, it doesn't work. I am able to add the account, it shows up as an account in the Native Playbook Calendar, I set it to the default calendar, but I am unable to add events from the Playbook, and it doesn't update the calendar with events that I add to the calendar from the website. That's 0 for 2 now, and I'm afraid that I'm finally, after all these years, beginning to get a bit ticked off at Blackberry. I'm not sure how the other phone OS's do it as I'm not familiar with them, but is it really that difficult? I've spent hours upon hours of thought, and testing, and setting stuff up, and learning how to edit files in linux on my NAS, staying up late trying to set up an email and webcal server to test it out with, for several months now, trying to get ready for BB10. It's just infuriating! It shouldn't be this hard. Did I just miss the footnote somewhere that said the Native PB calendar doesn't work that way? Is it really only supposed to be self contained, and not be able to sync with anything else, despite being led to believe it does? I can't figure this out, and I'm about to give up. (I don't want to, but I've spent enough time and effort on this that I may be forced to) Help!

capT
    Don't know if it will be any good for you but I tested outlook.com out on my setup and it works seamlessly without fault. Items are synced almost instantly between my pc, Z10 and Playbook. Whichever device I add/amend items with, it is updated on the others. Give it a try, it's free so why not.
    03-03-13 02:29 PM
    Don't know if it will be any good for you but I tested outlook.com out on my setup and it works seamlessly without fault. Items are synced almost instantly between my pc, Z10 and Playbook. Whichever device I add/amend items with, it is updated on the others. Give it a try, it's free so why not.
    sad_old_man, I am pretty sure I tried looking at outlook.com a while back, and now I don't recall why it didn't work... I'll have to check it again. I think it had something to do with it wasn't free... Or maybe that was Office 365...? I'll look again I guess, and if it doesn't work, I can let you know.
    03-03-13 02:33 PM
    sad_old_man, I am pretty sure I tried looking at outlook.com a while back, and now I don't recall why it didn't work... I'll have to check it again. I think it had something to do with it wasn't free... Or maybe that was Office 365...? I'll look again I guess, and if it doesn't work, I can let you know.
    It's basically hotmail renamed. Only tested it at the end of last week and after registering at outlook.com (don't confuse outlook for pc) I imported my calendar from csv file and checked results. Setup outlook.com as account on Z10 and calendar auto synced. Imported contacts from Gmail to outlook.com and Z10 contacts auto synced. Setup outlook.com as account on playbook and contacts and calendar both auto synced and trust me it is free or I wouldn't be writing this post.
    03-03-13 02:50 PM
    Well, ok, that got me a lot further than anything else I've done so far... I was able to export my calendar from my Outlook 2010 on my computer as an ics file, created an outlook.com account, imported the ICS file as a calendar. I was able to export my contacts in pst to outlook.com. I then created the account on my Playbook, and it worked! I was able to add, edit calendar entries on both the computer, and the Playbook and it synced instantly. That's what I wanted! Now..... Here is the next problem. I don't have a Z10 yet, I still have the Torch 9810, as I'm in the USA, and we don't have those yet. So if I add the outlook.com account to my phone, I only get the ability to sync contacts. No calendar, no memos, or tasks. So, what do I do then? I still need to have my calendar synced on my phone along with the rest of these. If I was just on BB10, this would have worked perfectly... That's certainly a great start though! Any ideas?

capT
    03-03-13 04:51 PM
    Well, ok, that got me a lot further than anything else I've done so far... I was able to export my calendar from my Outlook 2010 on my computer as an ics file, created an outlook.com account, imported the ICS file as a calendar. I was able to export my contacts in pst to outlook.com. I then created the account on my Playbook, and it worked! I was able to add, edit calendar entries on both the computer, and the Playbook and it synced instantly. That's what I wanted! Now..... Here is the next problem. I don't have a Z10 yet, I still have the Torch 9810, as I'm in the USA, and we don't have those yet. So if I add the outlook.com account to my phone, I only get the ability to sync contacts. No calendar, no memos, or tasks. So, what do I do then? I still need to have my calendar synced on my phone along with the rest of these. If I was just on BB10, this would have worked perfectly... That's certainly a great start though! Any ideas?

capT
    Very strange that because I had the Torch 9860 before my Z10 and I just put a sim card back into it and tried it on that and it works just like it does on the Z10.
    03-03-13 05:24 PM
    Very strange that because I had the Torch 9860 before my Z10 and I just put a sim card back into it and tried it on that and it works just like it does on the Z10.
    Ok, after looking up further threads on Crackberry, it seems that I'm not the only one seeing this. It sounds like that is just how it is. So if that is the case, just how in the world did you manage to do this on your Torch 9860? I am going through the BIS on AT&T, and on the email setup application on the handheld. In both cases, the only option for syncing is contacts. Bummer... This would have been exactly the solution I wanted, both now and going forward, had this worked... I guess back to the drawing board.
    03-03-13 08:57 PM
    Ok, well, I decided to try Google again. The last time I attempted it, I had used a CSV file to populate the calendar, which did not like to deal with recurring events. I finally discovered earlier today that I can export from Outlook 2010 on my computer to an ics file. That seems to have helped with the recurring events problem. I had also deleted all the events from my google calendar, because I didn't need them there, and they were outdated anyway as they weren't being synced. So when I tried to import the new calendar, it gave me an error message.

"Failed to import events: Some of the events in this file were not
    imported because you had imported them to Google Calendar before.
    Other events in this file have been imported.. "

I finally stumbled on this "fix".
    https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...to/OTwnrN5Xq2Q

It said to delete the lines in the ics file that had "UID" at the beginning. I tried, but there were just too many, so I replaced "UID" throughout the entire file with "#UID", and saved it again. I used that to import with, and the events all imported! Ok, so step one done. I then imported my contacts via a csv file. That worked ok too. Then onto the Playbook. I created the account for my Google account, and it actually synced! I was even able to create events from the PB and they synced back to the Google online calendar. Step two down. Now, to get my 9810 to join in the fun. I stopped the Funambol OneMediaHub from syncing, and then using BB Desktop Manager, I deleted the Address Book, and the Calendar. I then removed and re-added the google account to my phone, and allowed it to sync the calendar and contacts. So that worked too! Now for the acid test. Can I create an event, edit an event, delete an event from any of the three locations, and have that add/change sync to the other devices? I was able to do it no problem between the PB and the online calendar. However, the handset is a totally different thing altogether. It does NOT seem to be able to make changes to any events and have that change sync to the other. I tried to create an event on the phone, and it did NOT sync. Here's where it gets interesting... Just as I was typing this to complain about how it didn't work, it dawned on me, what was my default account on my calendar on my phone? Sure enough, it wasn't the google account, so I changed it to that, and created an event. It Synced! I went to the PB and edited it so that it was one minute off, and it shows up on the web calendar. However, it did NOT show up on the phone as edited. I changed the event to a different day and time from the PB, it synced to the web calendar, but again, NOT to the handset. Is there a specific amount of time between refreshes on the handset? What can I do to get it to refresh like it does on the PB and the web calendar? If I can get that to work, that would be awesome!

capT
    03-04-13 02:06 AM
    Ok, after looking up further threads on Crackberry, it seems that I'm not the only one seeing this. It sounds like that is just how it is. So if that is the case, just how in the world did you manage to do this on your Torch 9860? I am going through the BIS on AT&T, and on the email setup application on the handheld. In both cases, the only option for syncing is contacts. Bummer... This would have been exactly the solution I wanted, both now and going forward, had this worked... I guess back to the drawing board.
    Sorry about that. My 9860 is through the BIS with o2 in the UK. This seems to be a recurring issue with the same phones/pb having different problems depending on carrier. It's not helped by the fact that we all get different updates for our equipment from RIM depending on location. That has to be a nightmare in logistics not to mention increasing the cost of support.

You could always move house!
    03-04-13 07:20 AM
    Well under the circumstances, seeing that Google calendar will eventually work properly once I move away from a phone with BIS, then I guess I will leave it be and use Funambol until then. Then, I will transfer over to the Google calendar, which should be easy enough. I guess that's solved then. However I do wish it would work right now.
    03-04-13 10:47 PM
    Well under the circumstances, seeing that Google calendar will eventually work properly once I move away from a phone with BIS, then I guess I will leave it be and use Funambol until then. Then, I will transfer over to the Google calendar, which should be easy enough. I guess that's solved then. However I do wish it would work right now.
    Ooopppss. Don't mean to add insult to injury but I had/have gmail completely in sync with my 9860. Contacs, calendar and Mail.. I only tested outlook.com due to the z10 not working at all with Gmail until the last upgrade. It works fine now so I have the option of using either. If your trying to setup gmail on your 9800 try using the Microsoft Exchange option in add accounts. The full server setup details are posted in another thread of mine somewhere.
    03-05-13 11:09 AM