The Playbook's web browsing has become really much much better than it was at launch. I don't know if I got used to it or subtle changes have been made. At release, browsing was kind of frustrating. Many times I would hit something that I did not intend to or something would not work as expected.

Now it works great and has become my preferred way to browse the web. Also, many web based applications like Skype now work but didnt before. Most the do not work needs plugins or have browser identification issues. I hope that these things get worked out.

One thing I would still like is the ability to use flash in more than one browser tab.
    dadymon likes this.
    06-26-11 09:27 AM
    more instances of the browser would be usefull too,and the option having them handle real multi tasking.Lets see what the future will bring
    06-26-11 09:30 AM
    The quality of the web browsing has resulted in the retirement of my laptop.
    06-26-11 10:26 AM
    Yeah I gotta say, I bought the PlayBook for two reasons. Great web browsing and the bridged browsing. With the last couple of patches the PB has become a great web browsing device and the bridge now works as I had hoped it always would.

So I am happy with it.
    06-26-11 10:34 AM
    i used my pb more in 3 days than my laptop since i bought it and thats a long time ago.
    Its just great that its awake the seconde you swipe the bezel,no booting needed,since its always in standby,doesnt work so easy with a laptop.
    I really dont think tablets are that useless,it does the most common things normal people use a laptop just more comfortable,unless its a high end laptop.
    But for the real stuff you cant waive a desktop pc
    06-26-11 11:20 AM
    I totally agree! The web browsing has improved greatly! I think the biggest improvement has been with the bridge browser. For me the bridge browser works just as good as the pb browser. I used my lap top maybe twice since I had my pb. The best is yet to come!
    06-26-11 02:58 PM
    I agree too! I only use my PC now to download music and movies then transfer it to my PB to play it on my new 55" LED tv (yes I got an amazing deal on it, $1000 at best buy ). Such an amazing device indeed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-11 03:05 PM
    honeycomb 3.1 cant hold a candle to it. i may favor my galaxy for some apps, but for web browsing plus being on the go the pb is the best. its better then my laptop using firefox.
    06-26-11 03:39 PM
    There are programs that are not available yet for the PB so I use my laptop when I need to use these programs. Otherwise I am using my PB more and doing less with the laptop and seldom do any surfing using my Torch. I am thinking of all those programs I purchased for the Torch that will sit idle once the same programs become available on the PB.
    06-26-11 05:22 PM
    The quality of the web browsing has resulted in the retirement of my laptop.
    i actually sold my laptop before the pb came out, thought i might regret it when i heard all the poor reviews. Pleased to say i was completely wrong, as were most of those reviews

It has its faults yeah, if youre an app lover its not the tablet to buy, same as bb phones arent really app centered, but it does what i want
    06-26-11 05:38 PM
    honeycomb 3.1 cant hold a candle to it. i may favor my galaxy for some apps, but for web browsing plus being on the go the pb is the best. its better then my laptop using firefox.
    This is so false it's funny. I have the PB and the new Galaxy tab, and there is NO comparison. When the PB loads, it's still slower than the G2, but close...but 25% of the time or more the PB stalls midstream. This NEVER, NEVER happens with the G2.
    06-26-11 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD