When browsing the web, how do you open a link in a new window? I tried pressing on the link for a few seconds, but nothing happens.

Thanks for any info.

-Rich
    08-02-11 03:29 PM
    If you press down on the link, there should be a bubble that pops up and you can choose to open the link in a new tab. You can't open a new window.
    08-02-11 03:36 PM
    thats one of my issues with the PB you have to hold that link a good 5 second for the pop up, way too long. Just hold it until it comes up
    08-02-11 03:37 PM
    thats one of my issues with the PB you have to hold that link a good 5 second for the pop up, way too long. Just hold it until it comes up
    Now that is exaggeration. You just need to hold for a sec and it gives all the links whether to open in the same tab or open in a new tab along with others.
    08-02-11 03:53 PM
    Pre-launch I asked a RIM rep about this and was essentially told that there wasn't much need for new instances of applications. Personally I would like this feature, but I can see that it would have minimal use in the real world, so would probably be low on their list of priorities.
    08-02-11 05:14 PM
    Hold it for 2 seconds then click open in new tab. For the record I think my torch needs to be held for less than 1 second. Not a huge difference but I certainly notice it, and do not like it. This coming from the guy who had to buy a ssd so my pc booted faster
    08-02-11 05:45 PM
    i wish you could swipe from tab to tab in the browser like you can with apps, otherwise multiple instances of the browser would be helpful so you could
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-02-11 05:46 PM
    I found in an email if you double tap a link it will open in a new tab.
    08-02-11 08:21 PM
    Hold link for one second without bouncing finger and without moving the link even by the slightest amount - that is difficult for me. If bubble does not come up after one second then slide finger off link (like you can do in windows after clicking wrongly with the mouse) otherwise it might open in same tab.
    01-22-13 04:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD