01-08-14 01:25 AM
57 123
tools
    Maybe if they only made 500,000 of them, made them only available through bb.com to the end user and charged a real premium price to people like me who don't care about getting the best deal, we just want the best product.

BLACKPAD !!

Yaaaaaa

It might work.......

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    01-07-14 11:00 PM
    ...I think you're missing a few points...I think what you're trying to say that QNX is just getting into cars...the thing is QNX has been unto cars...NASA...aerospace...industrial machines for years now...and it's a market where they are very strong...if I'm not mistaken, 60%+ of automotive infotainment systems from all the major manufacturers (including the ones that you can afford) are powered by QNX. What you are seeing at CES 2014 is the next generation of QNX In cars. I'm as hard core BlackBerry as you will find, but they have the resources yet to go out they way it would be required to launch another PlayBook properly...especially when current BlackBerry 10 devices aren't all that strong in the market to begin with. Once BlackBerry 10 gains some solid traction, then by all means launch a complimentary tablet, or really put some resources into tweaking a version of the OS so that it can function properly on a current PlayBook (if a small task group goes at it to see if it's feasible given the hardware...if it already hasn't been tried)...but like I said QNX Is already strong in cars etc. so they should keep evolving it as they are.

Posted with my awesome Z10...or maybe even my Q10...50/50 chance...
    01-07-14 11:02 PM
    But how many normal people will be able to buy it?

So they make a few quick bucks off it. Then what?

You still have all the rest of the pissed off people you left behind, unaccomodated, and still waiting for a new tablet or product THEY can afford.

They need to stop blowing money left and right on unproven markets, and develop for their bread and butter.

They won't be much longer wasting money, and they'll be bye-bye.

Posted Via Z10

...people can afford it...you would be surprised how many people actually already have it...I had the previous generation in my 2010 Dodge Charger...and I have the current QNX in my 2014 R/T Challenger...Chrysler calls their QNX Units UConnect...and it (current version in my Challenger, as I didn't have a BlackBerry 10 in 2010) integrates very well with my Z10...

Posted with my awesome Z10...or maybe even my Q10...50/50 chance...
    01-07-14 11:07 PM
    Is it wise to throw all your money into a QNX car for a show, lay off tons of your staff, and hope shieks overseas buy 100 of each QNX cars....?

What I see is BlackBerry throwing their user base aside to dilly dally in another new fresh idea of the week.

I am well aware of QNX in automotive. Nothing new to me. I just see a floundering company digging themselves an even larger hole for nothing really.

They need to accomodate the ones who put them on the map.

US! THE NORMAL EVERYDAY USER.

If they can't see that, we'll, God bless them. They need serious help in the Management department.

Posted Via Z10
    01-07-14 11:22 PM
    So are you saying that since it is already in cars here and now, that this is the last step for attaining success, and that everything is now back to normal for BlackBerry, and that they are back at $180.00 + for stock?

That everything's fine now, because we made everyone aware that QNX merely exists in nearly every car out there in some form or another?

Is this the one and only thing to say things are fine now at BlackBerry?

LOL.

If you're betting on ONLY QNX To save them, you are sadly misinformed.

They need more than this to survive.

1. BB10 phones
    2. BB10 tablet to complement phone.
    3. No App Gap.

Simple.

Posted Via Z10
    01-07-14 11:26 PM
    Where do you get this "a few people" idea from? There are millions, maybe billions of cars in the world. ALL of the new ones will eventually come with an infotainment system as well as other "smart" services.

Nobody thought people would want games on their phones either. But if there are gadgets available, people will want them.
    Dante980 and eldricho like this.
    01-07-14 11:27 PM
    QNX is in over 200 brands, is the most successful automotive software, have brought BlackBerry everything they were purchased for and more, and you want to shut it down? If they're to ever become dominant again, they better start focusing on what is working.

The PlayBook was a great concept, poorly executed. They should try again. After they prove they can make and market a competitive phone.
    Dante980, Uzi, fanatical and 7 others like this.
    01-07-14 11:27 PM
    PlayBook was better at multitasking. It also has a fantastic User Interface. Getting things done is so much easier on PB. BB10 should be a lot like PB OS.
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    01-07-14 11:28 PM
    Hi! You are all correct!

1. BlackBerry needs to get a tab out their to compliment their devices specially if they are going to focus on keyboard devices as Chen said! I would love to see a bundled offer, Q10 with updated Playbook wireles keyboard, miracast dongle, and audio gateway! A BlackBerry Bundle!

2. On the otherhand, BlackBerry lost the tablet wars miserably, but still has moooooore than a fighting chance in automotive and they need to hit there and hit hard! And as for pricing op notice they chose a kia soul which is a very affordable car! So hope soon ur everyday car will have qnx!

3. Personally I belive BlackBerry future is tied heavily to software BES in enterprise and BBM in consumer, BES is doing fine but BBM is slow and needs to become a whole new Media facebook X tango X viber X whatsapp instagram etc... a single massive media that replaces all these or if not replaces maybe a better move is allows us to converge all these services in one media outlet!

Dunno just my thoughts!

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 11:30 PM
    You people can take your fortune cookie (QNX alone ) and hold it tight at night. Please do. I wish you well.

However, this, while extremely good, cannot be the saviour for the company alone. I know it, you know it.

They need to finish what is still left unfinished. And that means us. The user base. There is simply no use showing off million dollar cars to a poor person if he cannot buy it. What's the point?

Develop and continue to move forward with the millions of people who use a $400 to $700.00 BlackBerry, not develop for a few shieks overseas.

Posted Via Z10
    01-07-14 11:32 PM
    Yeah, another Playbook... BBRY definitely could use more 9-figure write-offs. When your product bombs the first time, people aren't going to be quick to buy it again.

PB is an awesome tablet, with a superior interface, and none of the apps that will move it off shelves. The couple thousand they sell to Crackberry forum members will more than likely not give much ROI on development and manufacturing costs.
    fanatical likes this.
    01-07-14 11:34 PM
    I am not against the idea or premise of QNX. I more than welcome it. The problem lies herein that BlackBerry continues to keep bringing out this and that, but never finishes anything! Throw all that money and research away for the PlayBook update. Yeah, ok. Sure.

Next project, and next project, and so on and so forth.

See the pattern here? It really has to stop, before BlackBerry stops, lol.

They reply need to go after the people who put them on the map, not acting the king on stage, with a Bentley, when your company is in ruins.

Posted Via Z10
    01-07-14 11:37 PM
    Wow, surprised this thread didn't get shut down already..

Someone needs to do a bit more research before freaking out on crackberry :P

Quick Research Tips: Playbook profit, M2M, Automotive. Look at all of those and see what lists QNX tops and what's more practical that they should be doing.

A new playbook would be nice but Blackberry needs to concentrate on better software first. Just think to yourself, is it logical for QNX to step away from being at the top to being a bottom feeder in the tablet industry?

And no I don't think QNX by itself will save BlackBerry but it is a factor out of many.

Close this thread

Posted via CB10
    Dante980, bibbula, Uzi and 4 others like this.
    01-07-14 11:40 PM
    BB is not developing QNX car technology instead of a new tablet. They're simply developing QNX car technology. The two are not related at all. The development of the in car technology was already happening before BB bought QNX and these solutions would almost certainly have been developed even if BB had never bought QNX. BB is perfectly able to leave the resources currently at work on QNX alone and assign separate resources to the development of a new tablet if they so desired. And I'm sure that tablet would be great. I would buy it immediately. But BB would also lose their asses on such a venture.
    In short, there's no need to demand BB develop a new tablet instead of QNX tech. You can simply demand BB develop a new tablet (and not mention the profitable QNX tech at all). Good luck with that.
    01-07-14 11:41 PM
    I love that "jeans"... and most of the time, the discussion too...

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 11:42 PM
    Wow, surprised this thread didn't get shut down already..

Someone needs to do a bit more research before freaking out on crackberry :P

Quick Research Tips: Playbook profit, M2M, Automotive. Look at all of those and see what lists QNX tops and what's more practical that they should be doing.

A new playbook would be nice but Blackberry needs to concentrate on better software first. Just think to yourself, is it logical for QNX to step away from being at the top to being a bottom feeder in the tablet industry?

And no I don't think QNX by itself will save BlackBerry but it is a factor out of many.

Close this thread

Posted via CB10
    If you are bothered by MY thread. Leave.

Posted Via Z10
    01-07-14 11:45 PM
    BB is not developing QNX car technology instead of a new tablet. They're simply developing QNX car technology. The two are not related at all. The development of the in car technology was already happening before BB bought QNX and these solutions would almost certainly have been developed even if BB had never bought QNX. BB is perfectly able to leave the resources currently at work on QNX alone and assign separate resources to the development of a new tablet if they so desired. And I'm sure that tablet would be great. I would buy it immediately. But BB would also lose their asses on such a venture.
    In short, there's no need to demand BB develop a new tablet instead of QNX tech. You can simply demand BB develop a new tablet (and not mention the profitable QNX tech at all). Good luck with that.
    I am aware of the two differences. I'm not in need of any coaching from you. Believe me.

Posted Via Z10
    01-07-14 11:47 PM
    If you bars bothered by MY Thread. Leave.

Posted Via Z10

I didn't really understand that but I will leave as you wish miss.
    01-07-14 11:48 PM
    I would love to be able to buy a BB10 at a Z10 blowout price.

It be awesome to get a sweet tablet that is as good as any $600 price tag for the 1/3 the price.

I'm not sure how this is going to help blackberry moving forward...

What...

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 11:49 PM
    I am not trying to be a negative nelly here.

Simply understand that not a QNX car alone will provide BlackBerry with success. The car compliments the QNX, and vice versa.

However, we everyday, and relatively poor users, compared to shieks, need something to compliment our form of QNX too.

It's called an affordable tablet to accompany our BB10 phones.

Posted Via Z10
    01-07-14 11:52 PM
    WOW Z10Women.... All these great posts here, people trying to explain what QNX Actually is, yet you choose not to listen to what they say.... Odd.... QNX Has been around a long time, they are a separate business unit, and they are PROFITABLE !! QNX is in most cars on the street right now, chances are your car uses QNX as well. PLEASE read up a little on the company...... What you see at CES is Eye Candy..... That's what CES is.... This is how QNX stays on top of the competition and stays profitable.

As for your tablet concerns, I've used iPad and Android as well, and was pretty underwhelmed as you were. I still use my PB (although not as much as my Surface) and I'd love to own a BB10 tablet, but honestly, it's not going to happen anytime soon, and BB would be CRAZY to make a tablet at this point. I won't explain why, many already have, please go back and read their posts.

In the meantime, If you are looking for a decent tablet, go try a Surface, or a Surface Pro. They are Wonderful, much more useful then the iPad or any android tablet IMO. and like I said, I use mine more than my PB. Pick one up at BestBuy, try it out..... you have 2 weeks to return it if you don't like it.
    Dante980 likes this.
    01-07-14 11:54 PM
    I love that "jeans"... and most of the time, the discussion too...

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. Just trying to make some dreamers come out of their coma (BlackBerry product developers) , and start to finish the items they left behind, thus leaving a sour taste in everyone's mouth.....

Posted Via Z10
    01-07-14 11:55 PM
    They are like a kid in a candy store....running every which way in the store, just for the sake of running around in it, not having any idea where they're going.

BlackBerry.....listen.

Make a BB10 tablet.
    Make it work flawlessly with a BB10 phone.
    No App Gap.

These three things give you a recipe for YOUR success.

Posted Via Z10
    that is why they let go of hienz and got chen to steady the ship and give it some direction... once it was announced that the z10 didn't sell as well as they had hoped it sent a panic thought everything, now they can't give away a bb10 phones.... everyone thinks they are going bankrupt. so they brought chen in and as he stated... they will focus on the enterprise sector and which will cause a trickle down... they will still release phones and apps coming but there focus will be enterprise...they have to stop the haemorrhage of cash and market share...they will focus and rebuild... its a smart plan start with there strength and move out from there...i understand your frustration, i would love an pb2, but i don't see it happening until the company starts to be profitable..and they need to get qnx out there if they miss out on this emerging market they will regret it later... that is all..
    01-07-14 11:55 PM
    The playbook was a failure. I don't think anyone can dispute that fact. If QNX is already a major player in auto connectivity they would be better served by focusing on a strength.

Open Automotive Alliance

Competition is not resting on it's laurels.
    Dante980 likes this.
    01-07-14 11:56 PM
    WOW Z10Women.... All these great posts here, people trying to explain what QNX Actually is, yet you choose not to listen to what they say.... Odd.... QNX Has been around a long time, they are a separate business unit, and they are PROFITABLE !! QNX is in most cars on the street right now, chances are your car uses QNX as well. PLEASE read up a little on the company...... What you see at CES is Eye Candy..... That's what CES is.... This is how QNX stays on top of the competition and stays profitable.

As for your tablet concerns, I've used iPad and Android as well, and was pretty underwhelmed as you were. I still use my PB (although not as much as my Surface) and I'd love to own a BB10 tablet, but honestly, it's not going to happen anytime soon, and BB would be CRAZY to make a tablet at this point. I won't explain why, many already have, please go back and read their posts.

In the meantime, If you are looking for a decent tablet, go try a Surface, or a Surface Pro. They are Wonderful, much more useful then the iPad or any android tablet IMO. and like I said, I use mine more than my PB. Pick one up at BestBuy, try it out..... you have 2 weeks to return it if you don't like it.
    I am listening. No one else seems to think we normal people matter anymore. O.k.......when you're suddenly wondering why they don't make phones for we poor people anymore, perhaps you can use your shieks friend's phone in his Bentley....lol.

I'm not ignorant, nor am I with you. I am angry we normal people aren't being accomodated by being provided complementing devices for everyday use.

Again, when you can't buy a BlackBerry phone anymore, buy a QNX car, I guess....

Posted Via Z10
    01-07-14 11:58 PM
57 123