Don't you think BlackBerry would benefit from having a BB10 tablet out on the market for us "normal" people of their user base? I mean, come on!

If they can develop this technology, why in the world do they still have unfinished business with having no Playbook with BB10, and the app gap on their phones?

Seriously BlackBerry, get your priorities straight. Develop a BB10 tablet for normal, business people on the move, to complement your BB10 phones, clear up the issues with the app gap ( And no, I don't mean side load, use APK files, etc....) and have the users of your product attain apps from the BlackBerry World App, without any "App Gap".

Enough with the band aid fixes. Get your head out of the clouds, and give us BB10 tablets for our phones and the apps to boot!

It is high time you do so, or get out of Dodge.

Posted Via Z10
    Carterbits and andy957 like this.
    01-07-14 09:49 PM
    QNX isn't band aid fix. It's a department that could mean a lot for BlackBerry.

Making another tablet won't help BlackBerry at all. BlackBerry won't have any strong point where it could differentiate itself from other tablets. There isn't apps, they need to work on getting more apps before releasing new devices.

In other words, you need to have a good phone with a good ecosystem. Then you move on to making tablets. Just like Apple did the iPhone then they made the ipad. Also when Samsung wanted to compete, they didn't concentrate first on tablets. They made phones first. Once they perfected it, they went on tablets

Posted via CB10
    wayne504, eldricho and larsonage like this.
    01-07-14 09:58 PM
    Im sorry but im going to have to agree with SHOBOKSHY and say that right now focusing more on in car tech is more important. It is a field that QNX has had success in and can definitely help BlackBerry more than another tablet. They cant really make an impact in the tablet market, but the car infotainment is new and not capitalizing would really hurt them.
    01-07-14 10:09 PM
    Wow! Just wow....no strong point? Nothing to differentiate it from other tablets? Are you blind? Do you not know what features about the existing playbook make it better than ANY Android tablet to date? As well as any I pad? Are you drinking hard liquor?

You REALLY need to reevaluate your research. One thing I can say the old Playbook does way better is when it comes to attaching multiple photos to an email. You tap all photos you want to attach, all in one shot.

Is this feature not more practical than any of the other tablets who cannot yet do that?

Also, flash, java and the ability to hold a homepage is yet to be found even on the most modern tablets. Go ahead. Get your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0" out, and try to close all the tabs available in the browser. Try it.

And what happens? You get the infamous "about Blank" error.

Close all your tabs on a Playbook. What happens? It reverts immediately to the saved homepage you entered in the settings of the browser.

See what I'm saying? The old Playbook does things WAY BETTER than even the newest tablets.

I even talked to Apple themselves, numerous carriers, etc. About what tablets can handle, and I can say for certain when they were asked about the capabilities of say, an ipad, they merely said back "well, I know it doesn't support flash or java, but the kids buy it".

Point in case is this:

Any new tablet out there is capable of handling with the PlayBook is capable of, whether people WANT to see this or not.

It.Is. Reality.

Posted Via Z10
    01-07-14 10:11 PM
    And also worth noting :

If you think BlackBerry can rely solely on making money from their QNX cars, simply because this is the new fad, and not capitalizing off the profits from WE NORMAL PEOPLE, you are severely misinformed.

Please clear your head and come to terms, you know nothing of what you claim to.

BlackBerry needs a BB10 tablet to complement their BB10 phones and stay up to snuff with the rest out there.
    They need to clear this App Gap on their phones.

Then, they would be o.k.

Tell me, can you afford a QNX car?

Didn?t think so......

Posted Via Z10
    01-07-14 10:15 PM
    Couldn't disagree more. BlackBerry has tried playing ball in an over saturated smart device market, with little (financial) success...

BlackBerry needs to do what they do best, and lead innovative new markets. Cars are the biggest untapped market for cloud networking and the Internet of things.

There is a huge opportunity here for BlackBerry and QNX. And with success in this market comes a revival of BlackBerry devices.
    01-07-14 10:16 PM
    BlackBerry and QNX Customers

Maybe this can help....
    fanatical likes this.
    01-07-14 10:19 PM
    BlackBerry 's user base needs to be cared for.
    We need a tablet to compete with the rest of the companies out there.

It will not be QNX cars that save the company. It will be when they smarten up, develop, deliver a BB10 tablet to their user base and clear the App Gap on the devices AND Provide for the normal people in their everyday user base.....not the rich people overseas.

Are you getting any of this????

Posted Via Z10
    01-07-14 10:19 PM
    O.k......let's blow tons of money to try and see if QNX cars take off, rather than develop a tablet with BB10, for normal people (who are their bread and butter, by the way) and clear the App Gap and keep what little people they have left....around for the future.......

Logic of yours does not coincide with ANY practical means of making money off the normal crowd. I mean, come on! Do you not agree that it would make better sense to accomodate your users of now, rather than the richy riches overseas, that may sell a few cars and then boing! No more sold.........

Then what?

Tons of money wasted. For what?

At this point, it would be "well folks, we tried the car thing, it didn't take off. Looks good, but just couldn't sell....oh, ya know, we should just listened to our user base from the start, and give them tools for EVERYDAY users".....

Posted Via Z10
    01-07-14 10:25 PM
    01-07-14 10:29 PM
    Let's just keep on trying different things, and not finish any one of them. At all.

Sums up BlackBerry at the moment......

Until they give us BB10 tablets, clear up the App Gap, and provide these tools for everyday users, there is no way they will ever be at or above what they were once were.

They simply need to stop the star trek garbage, accomodate the users of present with Modern tablets ND tools for the normal user and business user on the go.

Someone is getting too many screwy ideas from Star trek.....

Posted Via Z10
    BGRS likes this.
    01-07-14 10:30 PM
    I think we need to keep in mind that there are tens of thousands of cars or more that are already running QNX based systems in some way. This is not a new development. The cars at CES are just showing off the direction and ideas of the future. In the past this is what made BlackBerry successful in the cell phone market
    Showing off the innovation is the right thing to do.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-07-14 10:32 PM
    Im sorry but im going to have to agree with SHOBOKSHY and say that right now focusing more on in car tech is more important. It is a field that QNX has had success in and can definitely help BlackBerry more than another tablet. They cant really make an impact in the tablet market, but the car infotainment is new and not capitalizing would really hurt them.
    I'm sorry....What???

QNX cars are their future? LOL. O.k.

By that time, there will be no one left of their user base to buy ANY of their products.

They need to focus on productivity tools for the everyday CURRENT USERS of today and now.

1. Great phones.
    2. Great tablets.
    3. No App Gap.

Very. Simple.

BlackBerry is a hard bunch to learn. People want productive phones and tablets. Not Million dollar QNX Cars, that we, normal people cannot afford.

We. Need. Productivity. Tools. Not. Cars.

Posted Via Z10
    01-07-14 10:34 PM
    I will say this once so please pay close attention: THERE WILL BE NO MORE PLAYBOOK!! Even if BB do make a tablet not any time soon, it will NEVER be called the Playbook. BB will do ANYTHING to distance themselves from the disaster that it was
    01-07-14 10:35 PM
    They sold 3 million PB's, many of those at firesale (at a loss to the company) prices. They were selling new 32's before Christmas this year for about $60 to employees. I would hazard a guess that the PB brought BB a max of 1.5 - 2 million customers, as many PB fans picked up more than one (I bought roughly 11 of them, some new, some on eBay for various purposes including school use).

BB10 is still not taking hold. If anything, to further BB10, they need to focus on getting more, cheap handsets out there. People might say, sure I'll try a $150 or $200 off contract phone to see what it's about, but they aren't going to say the same thing about a $500+ phone. Build BB10, make some money, get some apps, then maybe try the tablet market again.

If you're not selling an iPad, you've got to get your product out in the $200 - $250 range at most. I know that in Canada, the Samsung Tab 7 was selling for around $150, so there's the competition. BB's not going to make money on a tablet at that price point. Samsung produces everything themselves, and has the volume and purchasing power to get components they don't make cheap, so they make break even or make a few bucks. It's not a money making market for anyone but Apple these days.
    01-07-14 10:37 PM
    I'm sorry....What???

QNX cars are their future? LOL. O.k.

By that time, there will be no one left of their user base to buy ANY of their products.

They need to focus on productivity tools for the everyday CURRENT USERS of today and now.

1. Great phones.
    2. Great tablets.
    3. No App Gap.

Very. Simple.

BlackBerry is a hard bunch to learn. People want productive phones and tablets. Not Million dollar QNX Cars, that we, normal people cannot afford.

We. Need. Productivity. Tools. Not. Cars.

Posted Via Z10
    QNX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Customers
    GM = Onstar
    01-07-14 10:39 PM
    I know what you're saying. About the profit side of it. Yes. I know.

BlackBerry still needs a modern tablet for people on the go, who cannot have a laptop at hand, and need something to Co exist with their BB10 phone. Fact is fact. They need this to compete.

How or where it comes from....who knows.....

Bottom line is they need a tablet, need it to work with their BB10 phones and need the App Gap gone.

End of story.

A QNX Car is not helping us any.

Posted Via Z10
    togarika likes this.
    01-07-14 10:42 PM
    You do know that this is going to be the future of the car industry, right?
    BlackBerry is already somewhat behind in their ecosystem compared to others who have desktop solutions, native cloud and complementary accessories to enhance the user experience. They are trying to excel in one department that is growing and building towards the future that has a bright point where they can finally be on par or even ahead of the competition. Right now QNX is already very widespread. Imagine they make use of the NOC to update your car that is running on QNX while on the go or while it is standing idle at home. That is something no company as of yet has achieved and that can be the one sector where they can leap before all others and create revenue from. Certainly something to work for.

Yes a tablet is certainly needed, but most of the general consumer now needs to be convinced even more on why to buy another BlackBerry tablet after all the missed promises and neglect of the PlayBook. It is just not a sector a company that is trying to return to profitability can focus on and/or risk at this point of their turnaround, as much as I want a BB10 tablet to complement my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    silversmith75 and tonytraj17 like this.
    01-07-14 10:43 PM
    I would pay a premium price for a top of the line 8" tablet running bb10. Especially if I could run all of my apps on it.
    I also always thought that the PlayBook should have been called the Blackpad from the beginning.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 10:48 PM
    I have to agree with you partially, and understand your numerous positive points mentioned about the cars and QNX.

However, as good as it is, do you not think that they should finish what was started first, then move on to something else?

See where I'm going with this?

I have no problems with developing new things. Cool.

But if you want to get the sour taste out of everyone's mouth (current user base) , you have to deliver on your promises, and finish what you started first.

I mean, if they stagger upon something which gets them stuck on the QNX car, will they throw that away like the BB10 update for the PlayBook?

See what I mean? The staff at BlackBerry is getting smaller and smaller, and people are drifting away, because they aren't following through with ANYTHING 100%!

Look further into this....it is plain as day.

Posted Via Z10
    01-07-14 10:49 PM
    They are like a kid in a candy store....running every which way in the store, just for the sake of running around in it, not having any idea where they're going.

BlackBerry.....listen.

Make a BB10 tablet.
    Make it work flawlessly with a BB10 phone.
    No App Gap.

These three things give you a recipe for YOUR success.

Posted Via Z10
    01-07-14 10:51 PM
    Not hard to do if they stay on one track, instead of all over the place.

So, when you Picking up your QNX car folks? LOL.

I think a tablet could be made with BB10 on it, to accomodate their BB10 phones,yes. How do others do it?

Do the same.

Posted Via Z10
    01-07-14 10:53 PM
    It is nice to show off the technology...no doubt.

The space station is up there too. Does it mean we are going there anytime soon to live for good?

Didn't think so.....

Posted Via Z10
    01-07-14 10:55 PM
    I would pay a premium price for a top of the line 8" tablet running bb10. Especially if I could run all of my apps on it.
    I also always thought that the PlayBook should have been called the Blackpad from the beginning.
    I'm sure you would. The problem though is that not enough other people would.

BlackBerry are being very smart here by making a quick, decisive move into a market which could make them a lot of money. Not to mention that once their car entertainment systems are successful they can point out that this is from the same company that makes BlackBerry phones, and use that to give the BlackBerry brand the prestige it used to have.
    01-07-14 10:56 PM
    But how many normal people will be able to buy it?

So they make a few quick bucks off it. Then what?

You still have all the rest of the pissed off people you left behind, unaccomodated, and still waiting for a new tablet or product THEY can afford.

They need to stop blowing money left and right on unproven markets, and develop for their bread and butter.

They won't be much longer wasting money, and they'll be bye-bye.

Posted Via Z10
    01-07-14 10:59 PM
57 123