Have you heard how the netflix react with the petition, they said nothing is going to change in their plans. as if they are saying that no matter what the playbook users do, We will not create an app for them, it is indeed an insult, am i right?
    No, it's not an insult, because it's nothing personal. Companies are run by people who make business decisions on what they want to invest in. They don't always make the correct decisions, of course, but the folks at Netflix have a right to invest their development effort where they see fit.

And you and I have a choice as to which devices we buy. It shouldn't take three PhD's in economics to understand that if you buy a relatively unpopular electronic device, then you're going to find less support in the industry for that device. But then you also get something different, cooler than the iPad most other people bought. So that's the tradeoff.

You made your decision with your money. I made mine. Netflix makes theirs. Nothing unfair about that.
    kennyliu likes this.
    03-03-12 03:00 PM
    I can't help but grin. These people think they are really going to make a difference? I bet Netflix is calling an emergency board meeting right now.
    kennyliu and MrNutt like this.
    03-03-12 03:04 PM
    I can't help but grin. These people think they are really going to make a difference? I bet Netflix is calling an emergency board meeting right now.
    Love your signature
    03-03-12 03:06 PM
    Thanks. I don't find it funny. Dang thing is true.
    kennyliu likes this.
    03-03-12 03:09 PM
    Sure we don't NEED it, but if others have it then the PB will suffer, this is the exact reason the PB cannot compete with the other tablets, it lacks what the majority of consumers want. Some of the people on these boards are a little blind tbqh. The PB needs the current "hot" products, Skype, Netflix, etc.. And I've never even used Skype in my life once, I'm just not as uptight as some people around here and get so defiant and defensive about the lack of apps, and go into rants trying to justify why we don't need something, whether you like it or not it's a popular site...

So if you want the PB to keep spinning it's wheels go right ahead, keep on spewing that we don't need so and so. Maybe you don't but it's obvious the majority of people do.
    03-03-12 03:17 PM
    Can watch most tv shows on the network sites.
    03-03-12 04:08 PM
    Never had a need for it. If they brought it to the pb, I still wouldn't have a need for it. For those of you that do, hope it works out for you but I don't see it happening.
    03-03-12 04:49 PM
    ...BTW, what the petition demonstrated to Netflix is that there is no real market among Playbook users worth their time or money.
    Exactly. Only 5000 signatures? What a joke! Netflix couldn't have paid for market research that would have been so accurate in terms of gauging the potential market. (Although I have no idea how accurate a gauge it was, since I myself didn't sign it on privacy grounds, and wonder how many others may have shared my reticence.)
    03-03-12 06:47 PM
    RIM chose not to add Silverlight support to their full internet experience. If they wish to do so, they could add it. BTW, the reason the Firefox browser can view Netflix is it supports a Silverlight plugin....
    So the real culprit here is RIM, for not adding Silverlight support when they could have? Sounds like someone's anger is misplaced!
    03-03-12 06:49 PM
    No offense, but I feel some people miss the point.

I love my Playbook. I want it to continue to suceed and be supported. To do that, we need a niche (we have that) and to attract casual tablet buyers.

I would say that I could have convinced everyone I know to buy a Playbook except that without Netflix, none of them would. Even now I hear people who are jumping ship from BlackBerry altogether because of no Netflix.

No, we don't need Netflix ourselves. Yes we can make nasty comments about other people, RIM, BlackBerry, possible Apple intimidation, whatever. The fact remains is that if we want the Playbook to even appear to compete, it needs the basics like Netflix.

I won't get rid of my Playbook, nor will I give up on BlackBerry. I have high hopes for BB10 and while I have my issues with some things, I am a supporter. I have to recognize the limitations of the device I love or honestly, I don't really love it.
    09-24-12 02:35 PM
    That's also happens when you love someone and she dumped you
    So you use to date a girl named Netflix? Is this it or am I just missing the point?
    esk369 likes this.
    09-24-12 02:44 PM
    why can't the android netflix app work? especially if RIM updates its android app player?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    09-24-12 02:49 PM
    why can't the android netflix app work? especially if RIM updates its android app player?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    the android player doesnt support the use of any native android code. There are probably other issues why it doesnt work (copyright protection files).
    09-24-12 03:09 PM
    Us Brits don't need it, we have virginmedia and Skye available to us. Netflix is just coming onto the UK market, at a higher price than North America I might add. Why that should be I don't know, one doesn't need to load up a ship with film these days. A rip off? You decide.
    I like that explanation I asked someone a question that your statement answers.
    The person I originally asked instead gave me a short lecture about the state of the economy in the uk and something to the nature of people in the uk have better things to do like their jobs and people that ask that question don't have jobs and blah blah so thanked the person and moved on
    The last time I checked a lot of countries are in a bad economy I can only conclude that HEHATEME. LOL
    madman0141 likes this.
    09-24-12 03:13 PM
    I cancelled netlfix a long time ago simply due to the fact I never used it. I may had used it more while traveling with my playbook, but I have many solutions to movie watching....As for skype / voip, Ive been using dellvoice on my 9810....
    Hgouck likes this.
    09-24-12 03:13 PM
    So the real culprit here is RIM, for not adding Silverlight support when they could have? Sounds like someone's anger is misplaced!
    No the culprit's are Microsoft and the companies that provide Netflix, Lovefilm etc with programs.

MS Silverlight is for Windows and MAC OS only, they were going to do a version called moonlight for unix based systems like andoid but decided not to.

The film/TV companies etc told Netflix / Lovefilm etc they had to use silverlight for browser based viewing.

The only way to view it on iOS Android etc is via a dedicated app supplied by the company ie Netflix, its why Lovefilm os still not on Android.....
    09-24-12 03:32 PM
    I like that explanation I asked someone a question that your statement answers.
    The person I originally asked instead gave me a short lecture about the state of the economy in the uk and something to the nature of people in the uk have better things to do like their jobs and people that ask that question don't have jobs and blah blah so thanked the person and moved on
    The last time I checked a lot of countries are in a bad economy I can only conclude that HEHATEME. LOL
    Let's not fight or judge the great people of the United Kingdom by one person who is well difficult. In spite of 1776 and 1812 we have had no better friends than the U.K.
    Netflix costs more because it is new and people will pay more for new items.
    09-24-12 03:36 PM
    Let's not fight or judge the great people of the United Kingdom by one person who is well difficult. In spite of 1776 and 1812 we have had no better friends than the U.K.
    Netflix costs more because it is new and people will pay more for new items.
    Agreed wholeheartedly nothing but respect for my cousins from across the big pond.
    How's it go about 1 bad ( insert fruit or your choice) spoiling the whole bunch and besides where I come from you have to have a thick skin in order to survive.
    Its all good I have a few good friends from across the pond.
    Stereotypes are not imo a good thing for anyone.
    It was not my intention to lump anyone into a group.
    09-24-12 04:06 PM
    Even if you like netflix, why watch it on your playbook? Don't you have a TV?

Are you really going to stream it in a coffee shop? If you are so bored on the road, use one of other thousands of functions the Playbook has. read a book or a magazine. Play a game. browse your favorite Internet site. Go on youtube. etc.

One thing you all could please do though is quit whining. If BlackBerry makes acomeback with BB10 Netflix will make an app. If they don't they will not make an app and you will be stuck with a tablet that does pretty much everything you want, except netflix. You better get over it now. That way you will be pleased if they do turn the sip around.
    Hgouck likes this.
    09-24-12 05:21 PM

Are you really going to stream it in a coffee shop? If you are so bored on the road, use one of other thousands of functions the Playbook has. read a book or a magazine. Play a game. browse your favorite Internet site. Go on youtube. etc.

One thing you all could please do though is quit whining. If BlackBerry makes acomeback with BB10 Netflix will make an app. If they don't they will not make an app and you will be stuck with a tablet that does pretty much everything you want, except netflix. You better get over it now. That way you will be pleased if they do turn the sip around.
    I don't care for netflix either, but there are folks that like to watch movies on their tablet, regardless of if they own at tv or not. It's an option, and consumers like options. And assuming that one owns a netflix ready tv is not wise, especially when it is convenient to stream vs waiting for the dvd.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-24-12 05:36 PM
    For me it boils down to the fact that in my house we are NF subscribers I have it on another tab I own and from time to time during my busy work day I have some time to kill so if the chance presents itself I do enjoy being able to grab a tv episode or two or watch part of a movie.
    Does that make me a bad guy or for wanting not needing it on my pb?
    09-24-12 05:39 PM
    It's about being able to watch it from anywhere that makes the difference. Ever tried to keep a 3 year old entertained at an airport, or a doctors office, or on a car ride? Ever travelled and stayed in hotels, and wanted to watch a late night movie and not have to pay for it from the hotel?

These are all great reasons to have Netflix and an alternative to manually installing movies on your tablet/phone. If BB10 doesn't offer it, good luck in getting people back in your camp.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-24-12 05:43 PM
    It's about being able to watch it from anywhere that makes the difference. Ever tried to keep a 3 year old entertained at an airport, or a doctors office, or on a car ride? Ever travelled and stayed in hotels, and wanted to watch a late night movie and not have to pay for it from the hotel?

These are all great reasons to have Netflix and an alternative to manually installing movies on your tablet/phone. If BB10 doesn't offer it, good luck in getting people back in your camp.
    BINGO!!! Give the man a cigar. Tyvm.
    09-24-12 05:46 PM

OMG.... you don't entertain your kids yourself? What has society done?? What did you do before the invention of tablets or laptops? Like seriously...

Entertain your kids by YOU interacting with them, not giving them a tablet...

For the hotel, load up movies on your playbook before you leave on your travels. There are legal and illegal ways to get movies...

And why do you need an alternative to manually installing movies and tv shows? How hard is it to go to the windows start bar, go to run, type in //xxx.xxx.x.xxx and drag and drop. I didn't think that was so hard.
    09-24-12 09:02 PM
    OMG.... you don't entertain your kids yourself? What has society done?? What did you do before the invention of tablets or laptops? Like seriously...

Entertain your kids by YOU interacting with them, not giving them a tablet...

For the hotel, load up movies on your playbook before you leave on your travels. There are legal and illegal ways to get movies...

And why do you need an alternative to manually installing movies and tv shows? How hard is it to go to the windows start bar, go to run, type in //xxx.xxx.x.xxx and drag and drop. I didn't think that was so hard.
    You obviously don't have kids.. Or you'd understand that no one can be entertain a 3/4yr old non stop.. And everyone needs a break.

And while the process of loading movies isn't hard.. The process of downloading, transferring, and worst of all trying to decide what to bring IS a PITA. Point being is, Netflix makes it that much easier..and you trying to defend the PB and it's lack of having it doesn't change the situation.
    09-24-12 09:15 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD