Stop crying and be happy. Everyone is so quick to compare apples to berries and robots but there is a tremendous bright side to sticking with RIM and the PlayBook.

1st. Those of you complaining about an OS update, be grateful that the company you put your hard earned money into is going to stand by your purchase and not release an i-robot 2 leaving your hardwere incompatible forcing you to scrap what you have and buy the next incremental upgrade. What would make me more upset if RIM pulled a 4s trick on everyone and said that in feb. They would have a playbook2 that looks the same or had minimal changes from the playbook a la ipad2.

2nd. I hate it when people go on blogs and tech media and buy into fanboyism and state that the playbook is a half baked device. One might bring that up if they are a robot or lord Jobs follower. The competition will always try to find a knock on their competitor. The absence of native email, calander and contacts are all for enterprise security purposes. We as consumers must not forget that RIMs DNA is enterprise. I myself am a bit hesitant about having a native email on my playbook. It is an enormous security issue. I dont feel 100% confident if potentially sensitive email is pinned to my "dummy/slave" device. I love that fact that my playbook is my blackberry smartphone AMPLIFIED. Thats awesome. Potentially the sale of one device could lead to the purchase of the complimentary device. I've said it before the bridge is the best app ever invented. And based on the beta zone survey further improvements will make it dynamic. If your a playbook user and not a bb smartphone user well you will miss out on the awesomeness the playbook has to offer. If your a bb smartphone used and not a playbook owner, them embrace the fragmented existence you call a life. I am not upset to see added benefits to people who support the company and have both devices. With that said my playbook is not have baked. Half baked is a web browser without flash. Half baked is buying a dessert OS and a week later not being able to partake in the next dessert on the menu.

3rd.Blog sites like crackberry are intended to unite the fan base, giving a central place in the inter webs for fanboys to share info. BUT too much medicine can kill the sick. We all crave insider info thats why as a whole we love Kevin. I dont think Rene or that disgustingly biased Ashley has gotten private tours to the companies they have aligned themselves to. Thats why we value Kevin so much. By no fault of Mr. M too much insider speculation wether reliable or made up is not good for business. We the crackberry nation are to blame for our self imposed expectations. Mike L didnt let us down we did. Mike L said 2.0 will come after devcon. Feb. 2012 is after devcon 2011. We the crackberry nation would have loved to see 2.0 released on devcon, no one at RIM said oct. 18 is the release date.
    And for the people who claimed to purchase the playbook because of what it was supposed to be......who does that? Name one other time you would do that? My playbook was awesome before any word of 2.0 and nothing has changed, just because an update is delayed doesnt make my playbook less awesome than when i got it in May. Theres been no loss of functionality or performance. If you think RIM is bad, think of all the robot tablet owners that will not ever get their hands on an ice cream sandwich and they paid the same you did for your playbook.

P.s. And NO just because you have a playbook doesnt mean you automatically get BBM.
    If you want to be down with BBM then be down with RIM and get a BB phone too.
    10-26-11 03:30 PM
    Nobody needs to "shut up", forums are for people to share thoughts, feelings, ideas, and even anger and regret. While you are free to air your thoughts, you have no business telling others to silence their just because you tire of them.
    JeepBB, Chrisy, FF22 and 10 others like this.
    10-26-11 03:36 PM
    We did it to ourselves?? Speak for yourself sunshine! Perhaps you should look at the disarray that RIM is in right now. Perhaps you should look at some of the key people that have left RIM because of the disarray. Think before you go on some rant how we did it to ourselves.
    JeepBB, Rudee66, Chrisy and 8 others like this.
    10-26-11 03:38 PM
    Your comments about rim being in disarray points directly to my third point about how too much info is like too much medicine. Companies hit rough patches, peaks and valleys its the nature of business.But it becomes detrimental when too many people outside of your business are in your business. Thats the reason for encrypted info. God rest his soul but Steve Jobs didnt suddenly die.Im sure the new dude was handling apple business for longer than we know. Why? because certain info brings skepticism on the future. and its bad for business.
    Once again Mike L didnt lie to you he said AFTER devcon... Not a week a month or the day of for that matter. That was the hope and the hype of fanboys, trolls, and bloggers. They had you gassed up waiting for something to happen.
    sorry to use them as a ref. again but apple never said they were announcing the iphone5. and what happened.... many were disappointed by the 4s (barring pre-sales). you let youtube, blogs and fanboys fool you.
    10-26-11 04:54 PM
    OP obviously didn't listen to the latest CrackBerry podcast.
    10-26-11 04:59 PM
    Lol BBM on the playbook was barely ever an issue...
    10-26-11 05:02 PM
    Nobody needs to "shut up", forums are for people to share thoughts, feelings, ideas, and even anger and regret. While you are free to air your thoughts, you have no business telling others to silence their just because you tire of them.
    I heard just today the 1st nexus will not be getting ice cream sandwich. be glad rim is not going with new hardware for pb 2.0. have some resolve that as the company moves foreward you wont get left behind.

reread points 1,2&3 be happy happy your on the cutting edge of rims future.
    and yes it is tiring to see everyone whining, as another post stated there is a site called beta zone. let your voice be heard there as well. Be glad RIM is trying to get there canadian ducks in a row.
    jeancmo, Mecca EL and Kingkracker like this.
    10-26-11 05:05 PM
    These kinds of posts are more annoying. Stop telling people how to feel and behave. Who are you?
    ferganer, brucep1, ADGrant and 3 others like this.
    10-26-11 05:07 PM
    These kinds of posts are more annoying. Stop telling people how to feel and behave. Who are you?
    He's made all of 29 posts, don't you know? In another 10,000 he will be close to your total...
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-26-11 05:16 PM
    who am i? i am a proud owner of a blackberry smartphone and a playbook. Who are you? oh i see in your tag line...android abuser, htc from vzw. How did you even get here? Damn mobile nation portals. lol
    aft1981, mud314, Mecca EL and 3 others like this.
    10-26-11 05:21 PM
    Those of you complaining about an OS update need to shut and wait for it.
    We have been waiting for it... like all rim's promises... through one missed deadline after another...

What would make me more upset if RIM pulled a 4s trick on everyone and said that in feb. They would have a playbook2 that looks the same or had minimal changes from the playbook a la ipad2.
    You mean like from the storm 1 to the storm 2? That sort of meaningless incremental upgrade? Or a new like of bolds and curves that are white and marketed as a new release?

Here is an idea.... How about not telling people to shut up and take the cr*p and realize customers have a right to hold the manufacturer to their word?!?!
    Chrisy, rickgainsmith and timberdc like this.
    10-26-11 05:22 PM
    The PlayBook fanboys are trying harder and harder to convince current PB owners that the PB is awesome. It's ridiculous.

Doesn't matter how many posts I have, I wouldn't tell someone how to feel. Or to stop whining etc. They have the same right to talk here as you.

As to how I got here. Google pays me to monitor the boards and post here since 2008.
    10-26-11 05:26 PM
    lets get past the ***** swinging contest comparing number of posts. The shut up comment was about the whining. what about the points brought up?
    I wanted 2.0 on the 18th just as much as the next guy. But i understand unforeseen problems.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    10-26-11 05:28 PM
    Unforseen problems my ***...

This is all preventable. Autocorrect doesn't require OS2. Email client doesn't require OS2 (even if their BIS client did, they could EASILY have released a pop/email supported client to tide over by now AND boost sales). Folder/bookmark organization does not require OS2. Browser stability/speed improvements do not require OS2.

Android player is not required to boost sales from launch till now...

This lumping of all updates together is what will kill the PB... It delays EVERYTHING the pb needs to sell...
    FF22, avt123, aNYthing24 and 3 others like this.
    10-26-11 05:31 PM
    Point 1: No, they don't need to "shut up."
    Point 2: Fanboys on all sides are annoying. Agreed.
    Point 3: Listen to the latest CrackBerry podcast. They AGREE with the so-called whiners here.

Bringing up faults of Android or any other platform doesn't make RIMs faults any better.

Your points are just meaningless rants. No logic, no facts. You're satisfied with your PlayBook. That's cool. Others complaining about theirs doesn't lessen that in any way. Maybe it makes you feel insecure, I don't know. But telling current dissatisfied PB that they are incorrect to be upset doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-26-11 at 05:36 PM.
    Blu-Bear, Bla1ze, howarmat and 9 others like this.
    10-26-11 05:33 PM
    The PlayBook fanboys are trying harder and harder to convince current PB owners that the PB is awesome. It's ridiculous.

Doesn't matter how many posts I have, I wouldn't tell someone how to feel. Or to stop whining etc. They have the same right to talk here as you.

As to how I got here. Google pays me to monitor the boards and post here since 2008.
    On the Google/Android payroll to monitor a blackberry fanboy site....... nice.

The umpire is paid by the opposing team.......classic!
    Mecca EL and black hole like this.
    10-26-11 05:34 PM
    Yea right. Whatever. What planet did you say you were from?

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    10-26-11 05:36 PM
    On the Google/Android payroll to monitor a blackberry fanboy site....... nice.

The umpire is paid by the opposing team.......classic!
    BlackBerry fanboys are as gullible as they say!
    10-26-11 05:37 PM
    Unforseen problems my ***...

This is all preventable. Autocorrect doesn't require OS2. Email client doesn't require OS2 (even if their BIS client did, they could EASILY have released a pop/email supported client to tide over by now AND boost sales). Folder/bookmark organization does not require OS2. Browser stability/speed improvements do not require OS2.

Android player is not required to boost sales from launch till now...

This lumping of all updates together is what will kill the PB... It delays EVERYTHING the pb needs to sell...
    i too would rather see a slew of small fixes i.e. autocorrect and folders as soon as they are complete. But i dont think those small fixes will change the culture of negativity that the tech writers and bloggers unfairly say about the playbook. Something more like a relaunch might do a better job at changing opinions.
    i agree 100% i want the fixes as soon as they perfect them.
    10-26-11 05:51 PM

Hey how much does Google pay to monitor forums?
    That sounds like fun
    I could use another vocation
    10-26-11 05:55 PM
    I think if auto correct was added tomorrow it would help. At least it's something, and maybe a sign of things to come. Not just talk.
    FF22 and black hole like this.
    10-26-11 05:56 PM
    Hey how much does Google pay to monitor forums?
    That sounds like fun
    I could use another vocation
    One millllllion dollars.
    10-26-11 05:56 PM
    i too would rather see a slew of small fixes i.e. autocorrect and folders as soon as they are complete. But i dont think those small fixes will change the culture of negativity that the tech writers and bloggers unfairly say about the playbook.
    It would help consumers actually consider this as a purchase. If they miss the holiday season (which is guaranteed considering they stated they would) it's over...

This has nothing to do with media negativity.
    Chrisy, kbz1960 and avt123 like this.
    10-26-11 05:57 PM
    I heard just today the 1st nexus will not be getting ice cream sandwich. be glad rim is not going with new hardware for pb 2.0. have some resolve that as the company moves foreward you wont get left behind.

reread points 1,2&3 be happy happy your on the cutting edge of rims future.
    and yes it is tiring to see everyone whining, as another post stated there is a site called beta zone. let your voice be heard there as well. Be glad RIM is trying to get there canadian ducks in a row.
    Ok..so the old tired nexus one won't get ICS..none of the BB PHONES( like my torch)made recently will get QNX..so point is ??? My wife's 3GS can upgraded to iOS5 and ???? I'm not going to be glad RIM's requiring new hardware for an OS upgrade, that if the hardware is as good as all you blind kool aid drinkers swear it is, I expect it to take a couple upgrades in the first year or so it's been in production.

I've re read your points and still don't think I need to be happy about anything right now, most certainly not because you are upset that there are folks who are unhappy and should "shut it".. Despite what you might believe, these sites are probably NOT designed for a kumbaya love fest on all things RIM. Just as I don't speak for all the disenchanted PB owners, I highly doubt you speak for the folks who set this site up way back when...

The root of the issue here is, and it's been stated many times, os2 not withstanding, that MANY things were promised, timelines given, etc.. There is a post on one of the other sub sections with video and direct quotes from the RIM folks.. If they released the PB not ready for prime time, and they did it because the folks on crackberry.com wanted it, I think they have much larger problems than anyone realized. If they knew that the things people asked for, weren't going to be ready any time soon, they should have not said anything or allowed their ceo's and various managers and directors go on the record touting the imminent release of said items...THAT is why I'm a bit miffed right now and why my PB is sitting in e desk under a pile of papers...So, no sir, we did not do this to ourselves and I will not shut it..pretending all is well is not going to help anymore than the rants of "rim sucks"
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-26-11 06:05 PM
    BB7 to QNX is an entirely different issue. It was never expected to happen even from the get go.

The PB is a problem because 3 deadlines back to back came and went with nothing and the product is basically unfinished. BB7 at least works as it is right now and can pretty much do everything.
    JBenn911, Chrisy and avt123 like this.
    10-26-11 06:07 PM
138 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD