Here we go again. Don't abuse the knowledge you possess. You are tech savvie along with most people on this forum. 65% of the public domain not spend their lives delving into the latest technology and keeping up to date with the latest tweet from Abraham Lincoln informing people that he has unfortunately had to pass away. Most of them don't even own a computer. They upgrade their phone and like they have done for years, take their sim out and put it in the new phone. Now this is not RIM's fault but if they don't control their providers then we have no chance. Don't forget I don't live somewhere warm and exotic where they have sophisticated things like superbowl and the hype in the UK about bb10 has been non existent to say the least.

I will end this thread now once and for all, but not until I have returned mt Z10 beta version of what was hyped to be the holy grail.

No replies accepted, as I have some very nice brandy that I need to have a serious conversation with.

Thanks.
    What the juice???
    02-03-13 02:49 PM
    Don't forget I don't live somewhere warm and exotic where they have sophisticated things like superbowl and the hype in the UK about bb10 has been non existent to say the least.
    Absolutely pathetic You must live in the middle of the moors or the highlands because, from what I last heard, there was a good buzz and sales were going well in the UK....
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    02-03-13 02:52 PM
    That really is the most pathetic reason I've ever heard for returning a phone.

When you pick up your iphone5 please note that not only does it require a smaller sim - it also uses a new connector for charging.
    LazyEvul and bbfan1040 like this.
    02-03-13 03:11 PM
    Absolutely pathetic You must live in the middle of the moors or the highlands because, from what I last heard, there was a good buzz and sales were going well in the UK....
    Have to agree, there is/was a good buzz about the Z10 launch here in the UK.

P.S love you avatar picture, c'mon you Spurs.
    02-03-13 03:13 PM
    Absolutely none of that explains why the iPhone 5, with its even smaller nanoSIM card, sells like hotcakes without any such silly complaints.
    Really? Have you had no access to news since last September? Haven't heard of the millions of complaints about the I5's horrible battery life? How about their maps that leave out entire countries and can't be relied on to get you safely to where you are going?
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    02-03-13 03:36 PM
    Wow... Sad old man indeed.
    02-03-13 03:47 PM
    Really? Have you had no access to news since last September? Haven't heard of the millions of complaints about the I5's horrible battery life? How about their maps that leave out entire countries and can't be relied on to get you safely to where you are going?
    That's not what I meant, I meant complaints about the size of the SIM card, as he claimed his friends were returning their Z10's just because of the microSIM card.
    02-03-13 03:49 PM
    Get real bud. It's not that serious. You need to go to yoga classes or something.
    02-03-13 03:57 PM
    The OP's past complaints about no PB update notwithstanding, please explain why this latest rant is in a PB thread?
    cjcampbell and hpjrt like this.
    02-03-13 04:07 PM
    FOS. Sad_old_man likes attention and for him, bad attention is better than no attention. Check his previous posts. Reread his original post here: pure unintelligent garbage. That's not a real complaint and his "5 friends" I suspect are made up lies. I highly doubt that any of what he said is true (photos???). This is a pathetic cry out for attention and he's getting it, from me included. Sad_old_man, you are the worst type of troll and I suggest you just move on and leave this forum. FOS for sure!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    02-03-13 04:09 PM
    Hoo boy,

First of all, does BlackBerry provide you with equipment on an ongoing contractual basis? No? Then they are not your 'supplier'. They are a manufacturer, and they buy parts from their 'suppliers'. The carriers sell you the phones, SIM cards and contracts. They buy their phones from Manufacturers. You are a customer, and are not in a supplier relationship with BlackBerry. The power you have as a consumer is to return equipment you don't like, which it sounds like you will.

Second, what is this rambling rant about the Z-10 doing in the PlayBook forum?

Third, I feel after reading several of your posts, that your user-name should be changed to sullen_whiny_teenager based on your expectation levels, unwillingness to do any research and ability to rant and ramble on to a bunch of strangers on an enthusiast forum about the horrible way a tech company has ruined your life.

Fourth, as a recovering alcoholic, I see all the self-pity and rambling nonsense I would pour out as I crawled deeper into a bottle.

Trade in your phone, get another one and move on.
    02-03-13 04:09 PM
    I don't live in the UK, but we get UK papers and tv here in Ireland and BB10 was mentioned on many of the papers and on BBC news and Sky News.

As for the micro sim, I think you are being a tad disingenuous to phone users. My own sister is not a tech head like me, but even she knew she would need a new sim card. Also, I can't believe that a phone shop would not mention the need for a new sim when upgrading to a new phone.

Finally, BB10 is not beta, it may not be the finished polished article yet, but neither was iOS or Android when they first hit the market. In fact, most software when released will be upgraded within days. Console owners know this only too well. Many times I have bought a game on release day only to find out that before I can play it, I must download an update.

If you or your son don't like BB10, then so be it, but try to give valid reasons and examples rather than you need a new sim.
    02-03-13 04:15 PM
    Partially my fault, partially the air time providers.

First thing is your sim card won't fit. It takes the new micro sim. Yes I could buy a sim card trimmer and yes I could go all the way back to the store and get one. Then get them to register the sim card with my mobile number and then do a transfer of all data to DTM and then back to the Z10.

Do you honestly think that anyone (Joe public) is going to do all that? Or just let me think! I'll tell you what just give me another iPhone instead.

And bear in mind that although I dislike apple, the iPhone 5 can hardly be described as a beta release!
    The carrier should have told you about the new SIM card size. Mine did when I was on the phone with them the other day. As for a beta release, this is version 1.0.... there have already been 8 updates released to apps, and there will no doubt be more. The only way they can discover these properly is with real world mass use.
    02-03-13 04:28 PM
    the OP was ranting in the playbook forum because he thinks that the playbook and all things BB will somehow become bankrupt because OP couldn't be bothered to ask questions to his service provider and that he is too lazy to take back a sim card to exchange it (but not lazy enough to rant in here and RETURN the phone) and give the Z10 a real proper test drive....yup I think I summed it up
    02-03-13 05:22 PM
    Partially my fault, partially the air time providers.

First thing is your sim card won't fit. It takes the new micro sim. Yes I could buy a sim card trimmer and yes I could go all the way back to the store and get one. Then get them to register the sim card with my mobile number and then do a transfer of all data to DTM and then back to the Z10.

Do you honestly think that anyone (Joe public) is going to do all that? Or just let me think! I'll tell you what just give me another iPhone instead.

And bear in mind that although I dislike apple, the iPhone 5 can hardly be described as a beta release!

Umm an iphone 4, 4s, 5 take the same sim card design as the new Z10 yeppers a micro sim card and so does the galaxy s3 and many other newer phones, so.not sure what the issue is as this is standard nowadays.

Your new phone if coming from a mobile provider usually comes with a new micro sim card which many providers will activate it for you on the spot or you can do so from their online website if the mobile provider has such an option.

So basically what your complaining about is normal standard procedures nowadays.
    02-03-13 05:37 PM
    Why is this thread still open? This guy is obviously just bored and looking for attention. His biggest complaints are no commercials and a change in the SIM card STANDARD. Just in case anyone was curious the new standard is actually an apple standard. If you don't like the new simple card call your provider and complain. As far as commercials are concerned I don't see how waiting 4 days for a debut commercial during the most watched event of the year is a bad thing. Maybe I'm just crazy.
    diegonei likes this.
    02-03-13 07:14 PM
    Now it really is time for RIM to throw the towel in and sell.
    I know it's Sueprbowl Sunday and Armchair Quarterback-itis is rampant, but come now ...
    02-03-13 07:18 PM
    Actually, I wonder why you post...
    02-03-13 07:37 PM
    Why is this thread still open? This guy is obviously just bored and looking for attention. His biggest complaints are no commercials and a change in the SIM card STANDARD. Just in case anyone was curious the new standard is actually an apple standard. If you don't like the new simple card call your provider and complain. As far as commercials are concerned I don't see how waiting 4 days for a debut commercial during the most watched event of the year is a bad thing. Maybe I'm just crazy.
    From day one he has been fishing for attention with lots of troll posts disguised as valid ones.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    02-03-13 07:38 PM
    S-O-M you have already been reprimanded by the moderators, I trust that now you will be banned for good. Goodbye Sir.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Cracklen and jamesharmeling like this.
    02-03-13 07:53 PM
    "..Second, what is this rambling rant about the Z-10 doing in the PlayBook forum? "

Must be trying to keep ahead of the mod' ??!

I clikd on the thread thinking there was a valid PB supply problem/concern !

imho torch the thread (or bounce it to a z10 forum) !

thanks ... nite
    02-03-13 08:16 PM
    Have you noticed Apples stock price & negative comments on their future?

I am not hearing about any major flaws in Z10, just details to fix. Battery life is apx 10 hrs. The more bells & whistles, the faster the battery drains! BB10 phones have replaceable batteries so BB10 just needs battery replaced if you need active use for 20 hrs. Some chargers come with extra battery and allows charging both. Iphone needs stop & recharge.
    02-03-13 10:17 PM
    BlackBerry ought to get a few points for ease of replacement of the battery on the Z10. Compare that to Apple iPhone 5 or even Nexus 4. Maybe the next Playbook will allow that. The Nexus 7 has easy battery replacement.
    02-03-13 11:18 PM
    Sorry you're unhappy, but you and your 5 buddies are the only people I've heard of who are dissatisfied. Might I suggest that Apple or Samsung might better suit your needs.

Certainly there is no need to bring your sense of special entitlement here to try to create some sort of a "let's dump on BB and their users" thread.

I suspect that your username says a good deal about your approach to life in general and towards BB in specific.
    Not to mention he blames his drinking problem on a smartphone...lol...there are bigger issues in life than a smartphone.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    02-04-13 12:42 AM
    s_o_m: Did you even get to try the new operating system? Chug_a_lug. Hey that would be a good new monicker.
    Ok guys eyes down and look in. YES I did actually try the OS. Luckily my wife has a Samsung SIII which is basically an iPhone with Samsung written on it. Her sim card fits so I tried it.

Having taken the (very flimsy plastic back off the phone) sim card inserted and away we go. Please do be careful taking the back off. I probably am just used to my robust Torch 9860 with its nice metal rear cover. However having activated the screen and spent time setting it up, the first thing I noticed that it's basically a mini playbook. Gesture swipe for everything on the screen, smooth slick just like the pb. Linked effortlessly into the net using wifi hotspot and the browser is very fast and smooth. It would be because it doesn't use the bis and compress data before it arrives on your phone. Great for speed but be prepared to increase your data plan significantly.

Of course not having a bb sim account card inserted so no bridge between the two but don't panic because the Z10 doesn't bridge fully either. It's a long story but my son has a bb and I stole, yes by this time I was that incensed that I stole his sim card and trimmed it to fit the Z10.

The good news is it fit! The bad news is no sms, no calendar, no contacts in fact everything you've all come to know and love has been taken away. It may be temporary but it's still not there and no amount of wishing and hoping will make it work.

I could have gone further for you guys and tested the photo and video capabilities but I must be absolutely honest by this time I was severely pis*** off.

The end result is that for some unknown reason my son likes it. He says it works just like his mother's Samsung SIII. Therefore it didn't get returned as I had already butchered his sim card, he is now using the Z10.

Everyone is happy apart from me. I am still looking for a replacement for my torch.
    02-04-13 09:05 AM
69 123