We all love movies and I know it isn't rims fault that there are a lack of websites that don't support the use of the blackberry playbook to watch films on such as love film or netflix. But you would of thought there would be some sort of news coming that rim is at least trying get to get some sort of movie agreement going.
    I know over in the US that there is some sort of a movie app but here in the UK and the rest of Europe there is little to none apps or websites where we can watch films on.
    08-07-12 09:20 AM
    No interest on my part to watch movies on my playbook.... not that is not a good idea... but the whole concept of watching a video on a 7 in screen vs. my 55 in Plazma simply does not work for me.....
    08-07-12 11:07 AM
    No interest on my part to watch movies on my playbook.... not that is not a good idea... but the whole concept of watching a video on a 7 in screen vs. my 55 in Plazma simply does not work for me.....
    I did try schlepping my 40inch tv on my last trip to LA but security had a hard time permitting it as carry-on baggage. Plus my arms were hurting by that time anyway. I allowed them to confiscate it.
    JayR2010, Spencerdl, BLu and 2 others like this.
    08-07-12 11:45 AM
    Well there is a way... The video store.. It does exist, and it is pretty decent. And they are said to be announcing the store in Europe and other countries
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    08-07-12 11:59 AM
    Don't forget the 1080p output of video (and audio) for the whole price of an HDMI cable. Is there even another tab on the market than can do that? This should be standard on all of them!
    hpjrt and JayR2010 like this.
    08-07-12 02:43 PM
    Amazon.com,Crackle, youtube movies, etc........
    08-07-12 03:04 PM
    I understand the frustration of the OP - but it must be emphasized that while the US has had the Video Store since February, we in Canada just got it about a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure it will roll out in the UK and Europe when it's able. In the case of Canada, our government puts all sorts of unreasonable restrictions on such services so it wasn't RIM's fault that we couldn't get it until now
    08-07-12 03:38 PM
    Amazon.com,Crackle, youtube movies, etc........
    OP is in the UK (as am I), and here amazon.com does not have the instant video thing (they own LoveFilm, a UK movie subscription service offering both DVD rental packages and online streaming packages; I guess the streaming package is their UK alternative to Amazon instant video; however LoveFilm Instant [the streaming stuff] requires Silverlight, same as Netflix), and Crackle has a pathetic selection here too (very few movies, the only ones that are on it are extremely obscure rubbish I doubt anyone wants to watch). I haven't really looked into YouTube movies much. I might do that though. (I have watched a few of the free TV shows they have on YouTube and they mostly worked well on the PB).
    08-07-12 03:50 PM
    European red tape is much thicker than ours
    08-07-12 03:51 PM
    I'm not sure if anyone here has heard of a site called Veetle.com but it streams great HD movies Tv shows etc...best of all it's free....when searching on the site just type HD movies and then sit back and enjoy loads of choice however it's a live site so you my have to sit through films which have already started but hey it's free..
    08-07-12 04:10 PM
    Im fine with streaming movies and tv shows online for free. I've always been using LetMeWatchThis | 1Channel - Watch Movies Online Free - Just Added to watch stuff and never had any issues, connect it to my 42" and its working great. Who needs netflix and all those other companies that wont make an app for the playbook when flash is enabled on the browser
    08-07-12 04:42 PM
    Convert films to MP4, transfer to Playbook. Simple.
    08-07-12 04:54 PM
    I understand the frustration of the OP - but it must be emphasized that while the US has had the Video Store since February, we in Canada just got it about a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure it will roll out in the UK and Europe when it's able. In the case of Canada, our government puts all sorts of unreasonable restrictions on such services so it wasn't RIM's fault that we couldn't get it until now
    I am pretty certain that the government of Canada added exactly NO delay to RIM launching a movie service for the PB in Canada. I am pretty certain this has everything to do with Rovi getting the appropriate licenses from the movie producers for them to be watched outside of the USA by Canadians.
    Last edited by Glamrlama; 08-07-12 at 05:30 PM.
    08-07-12 05:25 PM
    At the current moment in time I am not longing for a movie sites or app to come to the playbook. However it would be another great addition to an already stellar product.
    I appreciate the replies though and I hope the movie store does come to the UK and to the rest of europe.
    08-07-12 05:39 PM
    I'm not sure if anyone here has heard of a site called Veetle.com but it streams great HD movies Tv shows etc...best of all it's free....when searching on the site just type HD movies and then sit back and enjoy loads of choice however it's a live site so you my have to sit through films which have already started but hey it's free..
    What's the trick to getting it to work on the PB. Site says it only works on apple and android.
    danwebb955 likes this.
    08-07-12 09:50 PM
    Im fine with streaming movies and tv shows online for free. I've always been using LetMeWatchThis | 1Channel - Watch Movies Online Free - Just Added to watch stuff and never had any issues, connect it to my 42" and its working great. Who needs netflix and all those other companies that wont make an app for the playbook when flash is enabled on the browser
    Tried the site and requires me to create and account and enter a credit card????
    08-07-12 10:32 PM
    Silverlight to PB seem to be the missing link?
    08-08-12 04:57 AM
    Tried the site and requires me to create and account and enter a credit card????
    Umm nope!! Should look like this actually

08-08-12 05:30 AM
    Not sure if it's been tried (looking for UK solutions), but is there any possibility in getting Sony Entertainment network to work - it works on Sony Tablets??
    08-08-12 06:48 AM
    Umm nope!! Should look like this actually

Click to view quoted image
    This happens for me but then when I click on the play button it says I have to create an account and but my credit card details in there, which I don't really fancy doing.
    I'm just gonna have to wait for a official legit app to come out.
    08-09-12 05:48 PM
    I am looking for the same - videos in the UK, without having to rip them from DVD.

Anyone found websites that allow you to download movies and TV shows?
    01-07-13 09:40 AM
    I am looking for the same - videos in the UK, without having to rip them from DVD.

Anyone found websites that allow you to download movies and TV shows?
    blinkbox.com doesn't let you download onto the PB (has DRM), but you can stream them. Fairly decent selection too.
    01-07-13 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD