So I'm not allowed to have my own OPINION on this site? I believe I am allowed to. So therefore, it was released perfectly for me. Just because it wasn't perfectly released for you, doesn't mean it wasn't for other people. You need to think of more people then just yourself. I'm not blinded by anything, this tablet is perfect for me. Sorry that it doesn't seem to be perfect for you. How many times do I have to say this.. No piece of technology is flawless when it is released. They released a product that is usuable, with updates coming to make it better. So to me, that is perfect. If you don't like hearing other people's opinions, I would suggest leaving this site.
    LOL ok.

I am happy that you are enjoying your product, and that the timing of the release was perfect for you.

But, the majority of reviews, comments on here, and the stock price suggest perhaps it wssn't perfect timing for everyone else.

Maybe YOU should think of more people than YOUrself.
    06-02-11 07:43 AM
    I returned my Blackberry Playbook today, thank God I am a Best Buy Silver member which gives me 45 days to return my purchases. I tried holding on as long as I could. I think Blackberry shouldnt even have released this Playbook until they had a completed product, with some super apps. I think the people who purchased the Playbook were more like beta testers. I am sick of hearing the argument that when the Ipad was released they didn't have as many apps and that they had some glitches too. The reality is they were one of the first to release this type of technology. Blackberry should've had this product up to par with the apps and functionality (native email, calender) already.

The best thing I did was return this BETA unit... I don't miss it at all.
    Ok. And remember when the rumor was out that Apple was going to introduce a Tablet device like the ones that were already out. Didn't happen did it. Apple introduced a larger ipod touch.

Motion Computing and Tablet Kiosk have been doing it much longer than Apple and are the choosen devices by the health care industry that Apple is barely in compared to real Tablet PC manufacturers.
    06-02-11 07:50 AM
    Ok. And remember when the rumor was out that Apple was going to introduce a Tablet device like the ones that were already out. Didn't happen did it. Apple introduced a larger ipod touch.

Motion Computing and Tablet Kiosk have been doing it much longer than Apple and are the choosen devices by the health care industry that Apple is barely in compared to real Tablet PC manufacturers.
    We get it. Apple didn't invent the tablet. Apple didn't invent the phone. Just curious, what does it matter?
    06-02-11 08:04 AM
    Lets not use the tags for harassment!
    06-02-11 08:04 AM
    LOL ok.

I am happy that you are enjoying your product, and that the timing of the release was perfect for you.

But, the majority of reviews, comments on here, and the stock price suggest perhaps it wssn't perfect timing for everyone else.

Maybe YOU should think of more people than YOUrself.
    Says the man with the iphone4 and no pb. At least he can actually state his opinion of his personal experience with the device. And that is quite an boast you are making saying that most of the comments here agree with you. While I have seen alot of comments about problems with pb, most of them also say they love their devices, will not return them, and looking forward to updates. The real vocal naysayers are the same tired old bunch that repeat ad nauseum, have little to no experience with the pb, obviously love to troll, and quite often have the iphone or thunderbolt or some such in their profile. I'll give more credence to posters that point out the good as well as the bad, and don't just spit out their hate for any device.
    Technerd.McLeod likes this.
    06-02-11 08:08 AM
    Says the man with the iphone4 and no pb. At least he can actually state his opinion of his personal experience with the device. And that is quite an boast you are making saying that most of the comments here agree with you. While I have seen alot of comments about problems with pb, most of them also say they love their devices, will not return them, and looking forward to updates. The real vocal naysayers are the same tired old bunch that repeat ad nauseum, have little to no experience with the pb, obviously love to troll, and quite often have the iphone or thunderbolt or some such in their profile. I'll give more credence to posters that point out the good as well as the bad, and don't just spit out their hate for any device.
    Really? If you can read my info, you see that I have a Blackberry Bold 9650 from Verizon too. It's my work phone, and I love it. The Verizon Iphone is for personal use, and I can't imagine a better combination for me.

Now, how is suggesting that the timing of the device not being perfect trolling? Where did I say the PlayBook sucked?

I didn't say people weren't happy with their devices. I didn't say the devices sucked. I said the timing of the PlayBook was not perfect. Most reviews, comments, and the stock price do agree with me.

Read my comments before you call me a troll.

Having an iphone 4 and blackberry bold i guess isn't allowed.

This is getting sad. If you even breathe a hint of negativity towards RIM, you get swarmed by everyone and called a troll...oh well, hopefully people don't take these forums very seriously.
    06-02-11 08:16 AM
    We aren't beta testers, RIM just ****ed it up.
    06-02-11 09:14 AM
    wonders why all the hates on RIM and Blackberry..get over it..have a life..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-11 09:33 AM
    wonders why all the hates on RIM and Blackberry..get over it..have a life..

I have a very good life, thanks
    06-02-11 09:35 AM
    I have a very good life, thanks
    pathetic..

06-02-11 09:40 AM
    I just find it annoying that this forum is bogged down with people who have "returned their playbooks". If i dont use a device i dont post in the forums for the device. For example I dont own a Storm and dont plan to ever get one, so I dont go into the Storm forums bashing it.
    If you have already tried the playbook and you dont like it.... fine.
    I know this is an open forum but I would rather have more topics about tips tricks and new ideas to get the best out of my playbook. Rather than have to search thru countless posts bashing the playbook from people who have already returned it.
    We already know the shortcomings. I dont need to see them rehashed and some negatives reviews repeated over and over again.
    I would expect if you are in the playbook forum it is because you want to share cool tips or need help.
    The PB HATERS please go away.
    06-02-11 09:57 AM
    I can see how diehards would be offended by the OP's comments, but many of them are true in a way. As for giving RIM a break because this is a 1.0 product, I don't buy it. They released it into a market dominated by a 2.0 product that is on the way to being a 3.0 product. You just can't expect to release an unfinished 1.0 product into that market and get away with it.

Yes, iPhone 1.0 and iPad 1.0 had rough edges. But they also had no competitors at the time and set the pace. If Apple were to re-release those exact same 1.0 products (with same 1.0 OS builds) right now, they'd obviously get slaughtered.

The technology race moves fast. You either need to release a breakthrough 1.0 product that is so revolutionary that rough edges are part of the experience, or release rock-solid evolutionary products that can compete with competitors' matured 2.0/3.0/etc products.

RIM put a 1.0 effort into a 2.0 market. That's the fundamental issue at play. Whether it bothers you or not is another story.

I am curious to see how HP releases their TouchPad in a few weeks, and if it's truly competitive in the "2.0" market. Their CEO slammed RIM the other night in his D9 appearance, saying he didn't want to repeat the PlayBook's mistakes, so it appears they at least acknowledge it's important to get things as perfect as possible before release. I am sure part of it was corporate trash talk, but it at least showed me HP was aware of how the market works.
    06-02-11 10:56 AM
    I just find it annoying that this forum is bogged down with people who have "returned their playbooks". If i dont use a device i dont post in the forums for the device. For example I dont own a Storm and dont plan to ever get one, so I dont go into the Storm forums bashing it.
    I know this is an open forum but I would rather have more topics about tips tricks and new ideas to get the best out of my playbook. Rather than have to search thru countless posts bashing the playbook from people who have already returned it.
    We already know the shortcomings. I dont need to see them rehashed and some negatives reviews repeated over and over again.
    I would expect if you are in the playbook forum it is because you want to share cool tips or need help.
    The thing is, atleast from my point of view, is that RIM promised something that it didn't deliver.

I was waiting something a little more complete, let me explain my situation, in my work we use putty (an ssh client) to connect to the servers, which its written in C++, after reading about the NDK, i though, well if somebody doesnt port it, i will, but here we are a month after release and no real way to write applicattions (for me FLEX is just for simple stuff)

although i read somewhere we were gonna get bi weekly updates, instead we got 1 update in 1 1/2 month.

I find the playbook great, but still lacking a lot of stuff that was promised to be delivered close to release, and at least for me a month its not close at all, here i was hoping to already have a lot of app (ported from android) and maybe write some app myself, but here we are with not even an update or release schedule from RIM, so thats why i thing people it's feeling angry and venting in the forums.
    06-02-11 10:57 AM
    A device that offers the full web and an escape from the iGoulag is v2.5 level already, IMO.
    06-02-11 11:00 AM
    A device that offers the full web...
    How did you get Silverlight support on your PlayBook?
    06-02-11 11:07 AM
    I don't know why people are slamming me for posting my opinion. I wasn't dissing anyone or telling a lie. And for the guy who said why are people posting in this forum after returning the playbook.... you gotta be kidding me. Its a warning to future buyers and its my experience of owning a Playbook.

There are some hardcore fans for blackberry and I get it, but lets face it. No updates in over a month to fix these problems???? This isn't a post saying I would rather get this or that. Im just telling you Blackberry rushed this unfinished product and suckers... I mean consumers like us got stuck with it.

And the thought of news coming out about a 10inch Playbook, and new Blackberry phones and nothing about their almost 2 month old playbook is really annoying too.
    I can see how diehards would be offended by the OP's comments, but many of them are true in a way. As for giving RIM a break because this is a 1.0 product, I don't buy it. They released it into a market dominated by a 2.0 product that is on the way to being a 3.0 product. You just can't expect to release an unfinished 1.0 product into that market and get away with it.

Yes, iPhone 1.0 and iPad 1.0 had rough edges. But they also had no competitors at the time and set the pace. If Apple were to re-release those exact same 1.0 products (with same 1.0 OS builds) right now, they'd obviously get slaughtered.

The technology race moves fast. You either need to release a breakthrough 1.0 product that is so revolutionary that rough edges are part of the experience, or release rock-solid evolutionary products that can compete with competitors' matured 2.0/3.0/etc products.

RIM put a 1.0 effort into a 2.0 market. That's the fundamental issue at play. Whether it bothers you or not is another story.

I am curious to see how HP releases their TouchPad in a few weeks, and if it's truly competitive in the "2.0" market. Their CEO slammed RIM the other night in his D9 appearance, saying he didn't want to repeat the PlayBook's mistakes, so it appears they at least acknowledge it's important to get things as perfect as possible before release. I am sure part of it was corporate trash talk, but it at least showed me HP was aware of how the market works.
    Yes, and although some of the problems with 1.0 releases is that you don't really know what people are gonna like and don't like about the device, just look at apple how much it fighted to create and app store, and now its their most valuable asset that differentiate it from android.

Both the tablet and smartphone markets are a little more mature now, and one of the more important stuff you see are the apps, and thats exactly were RIM is failling, and after seeing all the criticisms of the App World, i though they were gonna change their way but apparently its really hard for then.
    it amazes me how some of the people can defend RIM even when there are issues with the PB. Yes the OS is great, everyone gets that but having a great OS doesn't give the PB a pass from being a complete bug free OS.

As for researching a product, many of has did research a product, took it home and tried it out. And yes we ran into these issues but many of us took the proverbial "leap of faith" and stuck with RIM after the return policy came and went. So what happens to the loyal users who decided to stick with RIM based on faith that RIM will right the ship?
    06-02-11 12:53 PM
    Complete bug free OS? Name one...
    06-02-11 12:54 PM

Simple solution. Don't read these posts. As it stands YOU clicked it, YOU read it, and then YOU decided to take the time to write up your response. Don't read it.
    06-02-11 01:01 PM
    Complete bug free OS? Name one...
    okay, perhaps not completely bug free but lets say better less bugs
    06-02-11 01:03 PM

RIM put a 1.0 effort into a 2.0 market. That's the fundamental issue at play. .........
    Well written, I think this is one of the best descriptions of RIM's current circumstance.
    06-02-11 01:03 PM
    I'm sure Steve Jobs is very happy with you.
    It actually is Steve Jobs, he too has a crackberry account! Lmao

06-02-11 01:10 PM
    Pointless first post, followed by off topic squabbling. Closed
    Technerd.McLeod likes this.
    06-02-11 01:18 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD