Is there any way to improve video chat quality on the pb? We have fairly decent connection speeds on both ends (~10 mbps). Not great but okay. The video picture seems choppy at times and the voice cuts out. We don't have problems with Skype but the video chat on the pb could use some help.

Thanks!
    09-09-12 03:16 PM
    Perhaps the 4G PlayBook would work more like skyhype. I have not been able to get video chat any better than current but maybe 4G would work better
    09-09-12 03:18 PM
    Is there any way to improve video chat quality on the pb? We have fairly decent connection speeds on both ends (~10 mbps). Not great but okay. The video picture seems choppy at times and the voice cuts out. We don't have problems with Skype but the video chat on the pb could use some help.

Thanks!
    I had a similar problem at one point and although we have a 15 gb connection to download, we only had around 1/2 a gb on the upload side from our isp. This could be your problem. I would do some speed tests to see if this is your issue.
    09-09-12 04:10 PM
    Perhaps the 4G PlayBook would work more like skyhype. I have not been able to get video chat any better than current but maybe 4G would work better
    The LTE PB still requires a wifi connection for video chat BUT I have noticed a slightly better handling of the video sessions. This still makes the net connection the bad guy.
    I do expect that with the release of the BB10 OS, that we'll get a non wifi required VC on the LTE devices (both the PBs and BB10 units.) - seems a natural progression.

On another note - Try aol.com/av its nice way to chat with others who don't have a PB or skype....and the great thing is, no downloads, no log ins, sign ups.....just chat.
    09-09-12 06:11 PM
    I have used video chat on my PlayBook connected to a 2mbps connection with out issue many times.

Do you have more than one device using your internet connection at the same time.

09-09-12 06:36 PM
    I have used video chat on my PlayBook connected to a 2mbps connection with out issue many times.

Do you have more than one device using your internet connection at the same time.

I do. However, they're not moving any appreciable amounts of data but are merely connected. Another poster said to speedtest the connection. I get 9 to 10 down and about 1.75 to 2 up.

I'm hoping that the video chat feature improves. I like it as it is convenient to carry a tablet around instead of a computer. I didn't have a problem with skype on my bandwidth so I know there's adequate capacity.
    09-09-12 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD