i have voicemail from the office emailed to my bb as a .wav file. it opens and plays as you would expect on the bb but not on the playbook in bridged mode. in fact the attachment shows as unsupported format on the pb. is there any way to solve this problem ? does pb play .wav files ?
    06-09-11 06:12 AM
    After 1.0.5, I can't even open non-jpg. attachments on PB but .wav is important to support for text to voice translation services. At least this was not broken by the update...it just never worked.
    06-09-11 07:26 AM
    I believe .wav files play if they are ON the pb. I accidentally transferred some "voice notes" from my digital camera to the playbook when transferring digital photos. Those .wav files show up in the Music app and do play when I select them. The Bridge app is a bit limited, at least, that's what a number of us find. It will open some files in the appropriate app but not all.
    06-09-11 08:44 AM
    For sure it won't open an attached .wav file received in an email. That's what struck me as odd because it will open such a file pretty much any other way.....Jeez RIM sure does have alot of stuff to fix. I envision a room with a bunch of software engineers burning the midnight oil working on all this stuff. At least I hope so
    06-09-11 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD