I am trying to download some Waterstones EBooks to my Blackberry playbook. They say they are in EPub format but when I select download nothing is happening. I have downloaded the PlayEPub application but the he books appear neither in there or in my documents. What am I doing wrong?
    06-23-12 07:13 AM
    Have you checked your downloads folder?
    bnortey likes this.
    06-23-12 09:14 AM
    Perhaps there are DRM issues? PlayEPub does not read DRM-protected epub files.
    06-23-12 09:55 AM
    In the absence of a specific title we are left to speculate on the reasons the ebook(s) do not appear. On the download page for the ebook was there a reference to "Digital Editions ?" This means you need to install Adobe Digital Editions on your computer, then download the acsm file for the ebook at which point within Adobe Digital Editions you can retrieve the complete ebook and only read it within ADE. This means the ebook cannot be read on your BlackBerry PlayBook unless you obtain a utility to remove the DRM. I would have thought with Adobe as a premier partner of Research In Motion for the BlackBerry PlayBook in April 2011 there would have been a version of ADE running on the tablet like almost every other tablet can read these DRMed ebooks without resorting to stripping out the DRM. Another failure on the part of RIP.
    Cracklen likes this.
    06-23-12 12:09 PM
    In the absence of a specific title we are left to speculate on the reasons the ebook(s) do not appear. On the download page for the ebook was there a reference to "Digital Editions ?" This means you need to install Adobe Digital Editions on your computer, then download the acsm file for the ebook at which point within Adobe Digital Editions you can retrieve the complete ebook and only read it within ADE. This means the ebook cannot be read on your BlackBerry PlayBook unless you obtain a utility to remove the DRM. I would have thought with Adobe as a premier partner of Research In Motion for the BlackBerry PlayBook in April 2011 there would have been a version of ADE running on the tablet like almost every other tablet can read these DRMed ebooks without resorting to stripping out the DRM. Another failure on the part of RIP.
    Ah, that is still so laughable with the excellent pdf reader that still is all we have.

I don't know if the overdrive app can read sideloaded drm epub books???? I doubt it.
    06-23-12 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD