I recently got the Otterbox case and had difficulty aplying the screen protector. I used the method of steaming up the bathroom to let the dust settle. Finally I got it on without dust. However, later, I noticed that there is some water still in between the screen protector and the screen. It doesn't bother the viewing of it when it's on, but will it cause damage to the screen? Or is it not worth taking off all of the case just to dry it?
    12-28-11 10:28 PM
    I would say just fix it if it bothers you. It's only glass doubt it will cause damage.
    12-28-11 10:34 PM
    I would say just fix it if it bothers you. It's only glass doubt it will cause damage.
    It dosn't bother me at all, I just wasn't sure if it would damage the screen or not. I mean there isn't a flood, it's more like a small thin layer that dosn't even cover all of the screen. To be honest, taking that case off is somewhat difficult, at least for me, so if I don't have to, I don't want to. Thanks!
    12-28-11 11:02 PM
    I don't think moisture is a good idea long term. I just slapped the Otterbox pieces together trying to be dust free but did not treat it like a gluey skin in the moisture laden bathroom.
    12-28-11 11:17 PM
    l had to take the thing off 5 times before I finally had a clean screen under the case so I feel your pain.

I would counter BJ's thought though. The glass probably won't suffer (unless you have heavy mineral content in your water) but the moisture is likely to have a negative effect on the electronics. Less so than leaving a camera in an underwater housing because the PB is sealed but it is not water-proof.
    12-28-11 11:17 PM
    I don't think water will damage glass, but I went a different route and it worked out well. I didn't like the feel of the otterbox screen protector, so I installed a Zagg invisible shield and removed the otterbox screen all together ....works like a charm since May 2011. The Zagg shield needed a 30 day breakin period, but now smooth as a babies bottom
    12-28-11 11:29 PM
    I recently got the Otterbox case and had difficulty aplying the screen protector. I used the method of steaming up the bathroom to let the dust settle. Finally I got it on without dust. However, later, I noticed that there is some water still in between the screen protector and the screen. It doesn't bother the viewing of it when it's on, but will it cause damage to the screen? Or is it not worth taking off all of the case just to dry it?
    I've installed three Otterboxes at work and have found that the cover allows and traps moisture under the screen sometimes. My Christmas PB had the screen protector removed and dried 4 times. I had it in the kitchen while there was two pots of boiling food. Two hours later I had moisture under the protector again. If your PB was in an environment of above normal humidity before installing the Otterbox, the moisture will eventually escape from the PB and get trapped between the screens. Just take it off and dry it periodically.
    12-29-11 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD