Hello Guys and Girls,

Question:
    I tried to watch television , a live streaming of a football-game, broadcasted by our dutch site: NOS.nl - Nieuws, Sport en Evenementen op Radio, TV en Internet | Nederlandse Omroep Stichting.
    When you start the streaming it requests windows media player or silverlight by microsoft, both not supported ,I think, in the playbook operating software.

suggestions?

thanx
    03-20-12 09:44 AM
    Silverlight or WMP are required to view the NOS stuff and Uitzending Gemist. Same with RTL XL. Only thing I could get to work was the SBS Gemist site, but also the regular videos of the NOS news site.

Much of this really annoys me too because it is one of the reasons I got my Playbook in the first place.
    03-20-12 09:53 AM
    Well I don't think any browser supports silverlight except for IE. MS will be killing silverlight as adobe is killing flash. Yes it will take years before they are dead.

For wmp not sure why that isn't in the codecs.
    03-20-12 10:00 AM
    Well I don't think any browser supports silverlight except for IE. MS will be killing silverlight as adobe is killing flash. Yes it will take years before they are dead.

For wmp not sure why that isn't in the codecs.
    There are WMP and Silverlight plugins for all the major browsers. RIM should add to the Playbooks browser.
    03-20-12 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD