Anyone know of a way that we will be able to stream the stanley cup playoffs on our PB's? Going to be stuck at work tonight.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-11-12 03:17 PM
    Most methods I know use some sort of Silverlight, which the PlayBook does not support. But try CBC. I think they live-stream
    04-11-12 03:23 PM
    04-11-12 03:25 PM
    I was going to suggest CBC also. I can watch my shows on the PB.
    04-11-12 03:27 PM
    If you cant watch the game perhaps the embarrassing riots afterwards will be broadcast around the world.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    04-11-12 03:28 PM
    http://www.firstrowsports.eu/sport/ice-hockey.html

A lot of ads, but if you don't have a problem with that then you're good.
    04-11-12 03:31 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'll try them out. Would be awesome if cbc worked. I remember trying CBC last year and it didn't work for me. Maybe something will have changed this year.

I forgot about frontrowsports. Heard that is pretty good.

04-11-12 03:41 PM
    If you cant watch the game perhaps the embarrassing riots afterwards will be broadcast around the world.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    You have hurt similar to me being from London, Ontario... Where Fanshawe students were idiots and pulled a Grand Theft Auto-mentality riot. :P
    04-11-12 04:04 PM
    I've been watching games all season from NHL.com. Subscription needed, MS silverlight is not.
    04-11-12 04:08 PM
    NHL gamecenter works on the playbook? thats very interesting. I actually have that subscription but never tried it on the playbook. although, won't help for the playoffs since they are all televised so gamecenter won't play them in my area.

I've been watching games all season from NHL.com. Subscription needed, MS silverlight is not.

04-11-12 04:29 PM
    I dont know if anyone here uses site advisor by McAfee (free download) but it tests URLs and it came up big, red and flagged as dangerous on my PC when clicking that first row link above so BEWARE!

I think TSN.ca MIGHT be streaming some of the games as well as CBC.
    Last edited by FreeJACLive; 04-11-12 at 04:50 PM.
    04-11-12 04:45 PM
    I streamed a bunch of games last year on CBC to my computer. The quality wasn't great. It looks like it's flash based so it should work on the playbook. I also had a subscription to hockey streams but had some problems with their high definition feed. Their servers weren't up to par so I wouldn't rely on them.
    04-11-12 04:53 PM
    I know it work to watch live stream via your Playbook. I watch all the 82 games of the Habs via my Playbook.

You can manually search for it via Google by typing something along the lines of watch 2012 Nhl playoffs but it's like cat and mouse, lots of junk if your seeking a free site.

best bet would either be CBC like some mentioned or Justin.TV and look on there.

I have a site on my Playbook that usually always stream the channel "RDS" it's like TSN but in french, and it's fast and good picture quality.

if you don't feel like looking add me via BBM ( I think my PIN is on my personnal forum crackberry page ) and I'll give you the link.

enjoy

samson47 likes this.
    04-11-12 06:29 PM
    The CBC stream of tonight's game is working on the PlayBook. It takes quite a while to start though.
    Just Me likes this.
    04-11-12 07:42 PM
    Streaming live from CBC.ca
    04-11-12 09:55 PM
    Yeah like they said, I watched it on CBC last year using my PlayBook.
    04-11-12 10:36 PM
    oh ya, hdmi on my 37 inch now watching nhl playoffs and no cable. thanks to my playbook, my 7inch buddy. lmao
    04-11-12 10:39 PM
    I dont know if anyone here uses site advisor by McAfee (free download) but it tests URLs and it came up big, red and flagged as dangerous on my PC when clicking that first row link above so BEWARE!

I think TSN.ca MIGHT be streaming some of the games as well as CBC.
    Definitely beware of any sites with tons of ads. But I've been using that particular site for at least a couple of years now, and I've never had any adware on my computer because of it.
    04-12-12 01:47 AM
    Its not free, BUT it does work on the PB....

Hockey Streams - Live and Archived hockey games! Watch all the hockey games, preseason games, regular season, post season, drafts, player awards

Looks like they got a playoff special too, that gives you an account till the end of June....

Hockey Streams - 2012 Playoff Special
    how do you get hockeystreams.com to work on your PB? All I get is a black box where the video is supposed to play
    04-17-12 05:45 PM
    Anyone else find that after a bit of time, the flash will lag and the audio will not be in sync with the video while streaming on CBC? I've had that happen a few times.
    04-17-12 05:53 PM
    Anyone else find that after a bit of time, the flash will lag and the audio will not be in sync with the video while streaming on CBC? I've had that happen a few times.
    happens if im far away from the router. If im in the room where the router is it syncs up
    04-17-12 06:02 PM
    Is CBC still working for you guys? It worked for me 4-5 weeks ago when I tried but now I can only get the audio...don't know if the latest update changed something. If someone could try sometime and let me know, that would be appreciated.
    04-21-12 07:29 PM
    sportlemon.com for all your streaming sports. worked great till a few weeks ago when playbook changed something that blocked it and veetle . now i use simplebrowser+ and all is good again.
    04-22-12 09:53 PM
    Is CBC still working for you guys? It worked for me 4-5 weeks ago when I tried but now I can only get the audio...don't know if the latest update changed something. If someone could try sometime and let me know, that would be appreciated.
    still works. I watched the games today on it
    04-22-12 10:45 PM
    Easy easy...geez ya have a couple of riots by a bunch of non-fans, and the whole world tars ya with the same brush.
    04-23-12 12:51 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD