In the end it sounds as if anytime something "writes" (saves files) to the pb, the timestamp will be CURRENT rather than when that file was originally created whether it was yesterday, last week, last month or last year. I don't know if this is true or if it takes a major programming work-around to alter the behavior?????
    11-28-11 09:17 AM
    In the end it sounds as if anytime something "writes" (saves files) to the pb, the timestamp will be CURRENT rather than when that file was originally created whether it was yesterday, last week, last month or last year. I don't know if this is true or if it takes a major programming work-around to alter the behavior?????
    This is true for apps built purely with AIR or WebWorks, i.e. all file managers currently available, as far as I know.

We're working on a solution that removes that obstacle. Not a major programming work-around, as you put it, but certainly not trivial either. In any case, until Dropbox and Box.net implement correct timestamp handling on their servers, it will be of little practical use for our app to handle them.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-29-11 02:45 AM
    This is true for apps built purely with AIR or WebWorks, i.e. all file managers currently available, as far as I know.

We're working on a solution that removes that obstacle. Not a major programming work-around, as you put it, but certainly not trivial either. In any case, until Dropbox and Box.net implement correct timestamp handling on their servers, it will be of little practical use for our app to handle them.
    Thanks Innovatology

Are you confirming that dropbox is equally guilty?
    11-29-11 02:51 AM
    Are you confirming that dropbox is equally guilty?
    Your words, not mine ;-) But it is true that Dropbox also has no way to include or define the date/time of a file.
    11-29-11 07:14 PM
    Your words, not mine ;-) But it is true that Dropbox also has no way to include or define the date/time of a file.

so Im getting the idea that FTP is the only way to preserve file stamps? Not Evernote, yousendit, anyone?

I just want a place to backup my files and still be able to access them without any modification to time stamps - other than my own hard drive of course...
    11-29-11 07:25 PM
    Hey everyone,

We know timestamps are in important feature to many of our customers, and are working on getting a solution out the door sometime next year. We have some really cool features coming up and hope to get this in there too � stay tuned, and thanks for your patience.

Mark

Community Manager, Box
    12-05-11 07:23 PM
    Thanks for the new info. We can hope you can manage the date info.
    12-05-11 08:33 PM
    But Egnyte is one of the only ones that doesn't offer a Blackberry App!!
    04-24-13 01:26 AM
    I'm not sure why this old thread was resurrected, but I just checked and Box still does not support timestamps. But then again, neither does DropBox. Nor Sugarsync. Nor Google Drive. Nor SkyDrive. Oh well. As to the Box app only allowing you to download one file at a time, this still seems to be true. But other apps will allow you to download multiple files or entire folders- Files and Folders as noted above, ES File Explorer, X-Plore and the android Box app all have this capability.
    04-24-13 03:10 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD