Okay, I love my PlayBook. Great video and still camera, great e-book reader, great portable web viewer. Even some pretty good games. BUT...

I'm finding the biggest drawback isn't the device itself, but with the lack of interesting options for carting it around. I could probably find a jacket with a pocket big enough, sure, but what if I want to just be able to wear it around the office?

So, here's what I've been thinking: A bandolier; thicker and heavier than a wimpy little shoulder strap. Maybe with clip-on storage (for my phone, maybe?), and a pocket for my PB that would fall just above my left hip.

I do NOT want a messenger-bag style that can flop around; more something that would lay against the body fairly firmly.

Does this make sense? It would make my pb almost like the "wearable computer" I used to drool over...
    TxMudSlngr likes this.
    07-30-11 01:54 PM
    Are you thinking of something similar to a shoulder holster? That's what comes to mind when I read what you're looking for. It shouldn't be hard to take one and convert it with a sleeve angled for ease of removal, as well as placing it back.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    07-30-11 04:42 PM
    Have you thought of a belt clip? I'm thinking belt desk - so the PlayBook can be right in front of me at all times - hands free Or maybe a helmet that it can hang from in front of my face...
    07-31-11 01:59 AM
    I just try and keep it simple. I keep my PlayBook and other "TECH" accessories in my Kenneth Cole mans messenger shoulder bag. Its does a GOOD job
    07-31-11 04:38 AM
    Revord, yes a "shoulder-holster" is closest to what I'm thinking. Kind of like a sash that loops from, say, your right shoulder down to your left hip (or vice-versa for lefties ).

A pouch for the PB would sit down close to the left hip. Optional enhancement, the ability to just flip the PB out for use without actually removing it from the carrier.

blackjack93117: Belt clip? Hmmmm... the PB seems just a little large for that. Potentially interesting, though...

spencerdl: There's two problems with messenger bags: too loose, with a tendency to get caught in doors, on chair arms, etc, and too big to wear around all day. The whole point of what I'm thinking of is that the PB stays on my person for the whole day.

Great ideas, though! Thanks for the responses!
    08-01-11 06:42 PM
    I'd suggest Thinkgeek for all your holster/bandolier needs!

ThinkGeek :: Gadget Shoulder Holster

ThinkGeek :: Grab-It Pack Gadget Holster

Don't know if they would hold a PB but I'm sure an enterprising soul such as yourself could modify them slightly.

Plus you would look awesome
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    08-01-11 07:28 PM
    I use this ThinkGeek :: Grab-It Pack Gadget Holster for my clips when I am paintballing. It is not what you are looking for....

The second one on the other hand, may just do the job for you. Easy to mod so that your PB could fit snugly on your person.
    08-01-11 08:31 PM
    I use this ThinkGeek :: Grab-It Pack Gadget Holster for my clips when I am paintballing. It is not what you are looking for....

The second one on the other hand, may just do the job for you. Easy to mod so that your PB could fit snugly on your person.
    Interesting, I thought the Gadget Holster would accommodate the PB nicely? While it is a bit Special Ops the pouch for the wallet is near enough to the dimensions of the PB and looks like it'd fit perfectly. Is the whole thing just too bulky?
    08-01-11 10:43 PM

This is next level wild! What a great carrier! I can see lots of jobs that this would come in handy for!
    totti_07 likes this.
    08-01-11 10:46 PM
    I actually just grabbed something similar from ebay, it has a pocket at the rear that will fit the PB and will definitely come in useful for other activities (camping and cycling come to mind):

SHOULDER HOLSTER CROSS SECURITY TRAVEL PASSPORT MONEY | eBay
    08-02-11 12:42 AM
    I'd suggest Thinkgeek for all your holster/bandolier needs!

ThinkGeek :: Gadget Shoulder Holster

ThinkGeek :: Grab-It Pack Gadget Holster

Don't know if they would hold a PB but I'm sure an enterprising soul such as yourself could modify them slightly.

Plus you would look awesome
    Okay, those are both INSANELY cool. The shoulder holster is closest to what I had in mind, but I'm pretty sure it would require a mod to get the PB to fit. Not the end of the world.

The second one is interesting. Definitely has the space, but looks a little unwieldy. I definitely should have considered ThinkGeek, they have great stuff.

In the meantime, I'll try to sketch up what I have in mind. Might have to apply for a patent
    08-02-11 11:44 AM
    Urban Tool also has some interesting options... not sure how many of them would accomodate the playbook, though... https://www.urbantool.com/us/holsters/show-basicholster
    08-02-11 11:15 PM
    08-03-11 09:48 AM
    I to am thinking of a shoulder bag, but more along the lines of this:
    Blokesbags Dunlop handy shoulder bag
    in a soft, black leather.
    01-02-12 07:14 PM
    Cool! A bag that can carry the PB and a concealed gun at the same time! Only in America.
    01-02-12 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD