I was thinking about purchased a Playbook 64GB used for $125.00, the seller claims the device will not connect to wifi.

They sent me a photo of the sticker on the box.

''Accessories made in China''

I would guess that would be a manufature date of Jan. 4 2012 correct????? If this is a fact would'nt it be under warranty????

Do you all think this is a good deal??????

Thanks

Kretch
    06-13-12 02:27 PM
    The warranty is valid only for the original purchaser and is not transferable.

BlackBerry - PlayBook Limited Warranty

I would be concerned why the seller doesn't get it fixed under warranty. If he/she has already registered it, then getting it repaired should not be a problem.

You should ask for a pic of the serial number on the PB and then compare it to the one on the sticker.
    kennyliu likes this.
    06-13-12 02:40 PM
    The warranty is valid only for the original purchaser and is not transferable.

BlackBerry - PlayBook Limited Warranty

I would be concerned why the seller doesn't get it fixed under warranty. If he/she has already registered it, then getting it repaired should not be a problem.

You should ask for a pic of the serial number on the PB and then compare it to the one on the sticker.
    Warranty is respected regardless of who you are, just dont go divulging unnecessary info. I had my 64gb replaced under warranty and it was used. On web check the serial# if it says out of warranty call in and tell em you never used any warranty before, they "should" set you up with a new one...
    Basically this was my experience dealing with bb pb Tech support.
    06-13-12 04:24 PM
    Save you money and by a 64gig PlayBook, buy it new from BlackBerry comes with a fine warrant and will no save money in the log run.
    06-13-12 07:07 PM
    You are taking a risk, I bought mine used from cowboom. It will cost more but you have a 30 day return period.
    06-13-12 07:11 PM
    You are taking a risk, I bought mine used from cowboom. It will cost more but you have a 30 day return period.
    Bought my 32GB one from CowBoom also last week. Was preowned but it looked and smelled (yes smelled ) brand new. Thing works flawlessly. Just bought a 4th gen iPod today from them.

If you wanna get a PlayBook, i'd go to CowBoom.
    06-13-12 08:50 PM
    My advice when you see Seller is "duck and run".
    Sounds like more issues present than the Seller is willing to divulge......
    06-14-12 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD