Really? So transfers between PC and Playbook don't count as any kind of measurable data in an allowance?
    good gawd where do you get these ideas? no offence but I swear some of you really need to take courses in electronic device usage!

Wongsky>> what "hell" with WMP? it is the easiest program to rip a cd and COULD NOT GET ANY simpler! just pop in a cd and let WMP rip it and you don't have to do anything once you set it to automatic, iTunes there is a little more work involved and more constrictive with their DRM and whatnot...
    10-25-13 02:50 PM
    good gawd where do you get these ideas? no offence but I swear some of you really need to take courses in electronic device usage!

Wongsky>> what "hell" with WMP? it is the easiest program to rip a cd and COULD NOT GET ANY simpler! just pop in a cd and let WMP rip it and you don't have to do anything once you set it to automatic, iTunes there is a little more work involved and more constrictive with their DRM and whatnot...
    Well it's a while since I last looked at WMP, but when I did use it, it was like iTunes in that it seemingly wanted to take over and organise some kind of music library, plus be in charge of transferring it to devices - plus potentially, diddling with DRM.

I rather like the personal touch and to be in control - EAC, or on occasion foobar, and if I need to diddle with the tags, there's mp3tag - and I'm still in complete control of what it does and where, without feeling the need to do heinous violence.
    10-25-13 04:06 PM

Yeah really sorry. Was kind of taught when I didn't know something to ask and acknowledge. But hey, you be a smug tosser over something I didn't know and I'll not mention your crass ignorance over my area of expertise and won't call you a thick **** because you're a clueless ***** eh?
    10-25-13 07:21 PM
    Well, I managed to get iTunes to copy the CD. I kept ignoring the weird pop ups requesting filenames and location.

Next step will be to see if I can transfer the music to the playbook and iPod.

I'll try Seawarrior's suggestion tomorrow.
    Last edited by castoridae; 10-25-13 at 09:28 PM.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    10-25-13 09:17 PM
    once you do this --->http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-wi-fi-661022/ ,,, all you have to do is drag & drop onto pb,,, you'll never need a usb cable ever again...
    This sounds great - I'm trying it tomorrow! Thx.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    10-25-13 09:30 PM
    Yeah really sorry. Was kind of taught when I didn't know something to ask and acknowledge. But hey, you be a smug tosser over something I didn't know and I'll not mention your crass ignorance over my area of expertise and won't call you a thick **** because you're a clueless ***** eh?
    hahaha good one, is that sorta the same thing of me saying you should stick with an abacus because you using a calculator proves difficult and your technologically inept, eh? hmmm.... don't get p!ssed at me because you should have been taught how electronics works, especially wifi data protocols
    10-26-13 12:15 AM
    Well it's a while since I last looked at WMP, but when I did use it, it was like iTunes in that it seemingly wanted to take over and organise some kind of music library, plus be in charge of transferring it to devices - plus potentially, diddling with DRM.

I rather like the personal touch and to be in control - EAC, or on occasion foobar, and if I need to diddle with the tags, there's mp3tag - and I'm still in complete control of what it does and where, without feeling the need to do heinous violence.
    wongsky WMP has relaxed a lot in how they deal with DRM and organise the music library, but in actuality ALL music rippers want to tell you what to do with music library ect ect, what I think your talking about is ZUNE and not actually WMP. now THAT was as bad as iTunes LOL but I still liked it better than iTunes
    10-26-13 12:25 AM
    wongsky WMP has relaxed a lot in how they deal with DRM and organise the music library, but in actuality ALL music rippers want to tell you what to do with music library ect ect, what I think your talking about is ZUNE and not actually WMP. now THAT was as bad as iTunes LOL but I still liked it better than iTunes
    I'm definitely talking about WMP.

As to all music rippers that's just simply wrong, EAC is happy to be just told where to put the output, it's not obsessed with organising it all or being a transfer agent. Same with something like foobar. With apps like that I'm in control and they're not trying to do any more than I want or being invasive.
    10-26-13 03:55 AM
    Great stuff, as long as your IP address doesn't change. How DO you set a static IP address on the playbook?
    Last edited by Korak58; 10-26-13 at 09:01 AM.
    10-26-13 08:29 AM
    Great stuff, as long as your IP address doesn't change. How DO you set a static IP address on the playbook?
    What relevance has it? Most people will almost certainly be using internal, private IP addresses, they normally have feck all meaning on the internet.

Edit: oh I see you mean for purposes of WiFi transfers, well you can set a reservation on your router / DHCP server with the MAC address of your PlayBook, that's the most graceful way.

Alternatively, you could untick the Automatically Obtain IP Address option on manual WiFi configuration on your PlayBook, but it's generally safer to set a reservation on your router, then you can be reasonably sure it's not about to dole out the same IP address to another device.

Realistically you'd probably find much the same effect if you made your DHCP leases pretty long (a week or more).
    Korak58 likes this.
    10-26-13 10:04 AM
    hahaha good one, is that sorta the same thing of me saying you should stick with an abacus because you using a calculator proves difficult and your technologically inept, eh? hmmm.... don't get p!ssed at me because you should have been taught how electronics works, especially wifi data protocols
    you're a smug one aren't you? Oh so helpful to people when they don't know something.
    10-26-13 12:03 PM
    Well, I did manage to get the Cd transferred onto my playbook, but it also copied several I didn't request. Will attempt Sea Warrior's procedure tomorrow - sore throat returned today!
    10-26-13 09:23 PM
    Well, I did manage to get the Cd transferred onto my playbook, but it also copied several I didn't request. Will attempt Sea Warrior's procedure tomorrow - sore throat returned today!
    just make sure when you type in the address, it points to media...
    10-27-13 10:45 AM
    EAC.

Then you don't have to deal with the hell that is iTunes or Windows Media Player.
    Ok, so I went through the process and it worked. It looks different cause I have windoes explorer, but that's not the point. Here's my questions:
    1) I've got 2 playbooks so what settings do I use - do I do the same thing on both?
    2) I want to transfer music and files back and forth to and from both playbooks and probably the PC, how would I do that?
    3) Can I transfer files from one PlayBook to the other just using the playbooks, or do I have to use the PC?
    4) does the PC have to be on for me to do any of this?

Many thx - I think this is going to be a nifty thingy when I get it working
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-27-13 12:39 PM
    Ok, so I went through the process and it worked. It looks different cause I have windoes explorer, but that's not the point. Here's my questions:
    1) I've got 2 playbooks so what settings do I use - do I do the same thing on both?
    2) I want to transfer music and files back and forth to and from both playbooks and probably the PC, how would I do that?
    3) Can I transfer files from one PlayBook to the other just using the playbooks, or do I have to use the PC?

KISS, always remember that, don't complicate the issue............Mind you lets consider that beavers could just live in a normal abode like any other critter........ No beavers have to complicate things by felling more trees than a lumberjack, blocking a river causing a dam and then constructing an engineering feat by building a full blown Lodge to live in?............extravagant to say the least eh? Keep It Simple
    10-27-13 12:50 PM
    KISS, always remember that, ............
    P*ss off Lep, I'm trying to do something here

Want to copy a music CD to my playbook - is there a good free program?-sawed-smiley.gif
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-27-13 01:26 PM
    P*ss off Lep, I'm trying to do something here

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sawed smiley.gif 
Views:	27 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	214820
    I'm gone handsome beaver! Oh by the way you do have a lovely way with words...... especially to someone who is about to leap to his fate.....
    castoridae likes this.
    10-27-13 01:44 PM
    I'm gone handsome beaver! Oh by the way you do have a lovely way with words...... especially to someone who is about to leap to his fate.....
    Want to copy a music CD to my playbook - is there a good free program?-smileylala.gif
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-27-13 02:03 PM

If you've turned on WiFi file transfer on both your PlayBooks then yes, you can access them both from a PC, just bearing in mind they'll have different IP addresses when you connect to them.

As to transferring files directly from PlayBook to PlayBook then yes you can, and it doesn't need your PC to be on, I use ghost commander and do this all the time, I just connect to another PlayBook as a Windows share (just like you would from a PC).
    10-27-13 02:18 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smileylala.gif 
Views:	26 
Size:	3.6 KB 
ID:	214826
    I knew you would miss me........

Attachment 214830
    10-27-13 02:18 PM
    Well now there's a other issue:
    I downloaded my music, first to the 32 gig and it plays fine, but the 64gis gives me an error msg and won't play any music.
    It still plays youtubes fine, so its not the speakers.
    The only difference is that I have a password on the 64gig - would that make a difference?
    10-27-13 05:01 PM
    A password would not make any difference. There's probably something else that is different between the two units. What happens if you try? Recopy the music.
    10-28-13 12:35 AM
    Well now there's a other issue:
    I downloaded my music, first to the 32 gig and it plays fine, but the 64gis gives me an error msg and won't play any music.
    It still plays youtubes fine, so its not the speakers.
    The only difference is that I have a password on the 64gig - would that make a difference?
    there might be a conflict if both pb's are trying to access the same files @ the same time...
    10-28-13 01:08 AM
    A password would not make any difference. There's probably something else that is different between the two units. What happens if you try? Recopy the music.
    The music was copied the same way. When I call up music and choose any song and press play, a box pops up that says:

Error. There was an error communicating with the media player, please try again. And you have to press ok to get rid of the box.

I'll delete the music and retry?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-28-13 06:06 AM
    They aren't accessing at the same time. I uploaded the 32 one day, and the 64 yesterday, when I was setting up the communication thingy you showed me.
    sad_old_man and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    10-28-13 06:08 AM
89 1234