Hi All,
    This is really a sad follow-up to my "nerd from hell thread." He also deleted the 'Record Now' program that came free with my PC. Online it would cost $40 to purchase and I can't find the original PC disks, probably long gone.

So does anyone know of a good free program that is easy to follow that I can use to copy my music cds onto the PC and then to my playbook?

The Record Now, was so straightforward - it asked 'what do you want to do- copy a) music b) text c) DVD, etc, so you could click on music CD and it took you right through the process.

Many thanks to anyone who can directly me. Cheers, Cast.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-24-13 12:02 PM
    I normally use Windows Media Player or iTunes to rip my CDs to my PC. Been working fine for me.

Posted via CB10
    David in Durham likes this.
    10-24-13 12:04 PM
    I normally use Windows Media Player or iTunes to rip my CDs to my PC. Been working fine for me.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, same here. It's an absolute piece of cake, either use the iTunes sync option on the Desktop Manager or drag and drop. WMP is my choice, but up to you.
    10-24-13 12:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    Maybe I did something wrong. I called up iTunes to copy the disc, but I didn't have my iPod plugged in - would that make a difference?

Is it possible to actually call up the windows media program? - I'm really having difficulty calling up anything since the nerd a-hole deleted stuff. The icons don't work, say they 'cannot locate files/programs'
    Thx
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-24-13 12:15 PM
    do you mean the Blackberry desktop manager ( the computer nerd a-hole deleted it, and I haven't reloaded it yet)
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-24-13 12:17 PM
    Hi All,
    This is really a sad follow-up to my "nerd from hell thread." He also deleted the 'Record Now' program that came free with my PC. Online it would cost $40 to purchase and I can't find the original PC disks, probably long gone.

[B]So does anyone know of a good free program that is easy to follow[B/] that I can use to copy my music cds onto the PC and then to my playbook?
    The Record Now, was so straightforward - it asked 'what do you want to do- copy a) music b) text c) DVD, etc, so you could click on music CD and it took you right through the process.

I follow the "simple ABC guide to fitness for stupid people program myself"? It doesn't include dieting and includes massive amounts of alcohol.
    Uncle Remus and DrBoomBotz like this.
    10-24-13 12:19 PM
    Maybe I did something wrong. I called up iTunes to copy the disc, but I didn't have my iPod plugged in - would that make a difference?
    In my experience, you don't need your iPod plugged in to rip a CD with iTunes.

Regards Windows Media Player, if you are running Windows 7 (or 8 I guess) then even if 'The Geek' deleted the icons to Windows Media Player, as long as he didn't delete the actual program, if you click on the Windows 'Start' button, and type 'media player' into the search bar that should come up, then 'Windows Media Player' should come up as an option. Click on it, and away you go, hopefully...

If you just put a music CD into your PC's drive, then you may get a little pop-up menu asking you what you want to do with it... hopefully, one of the options might be 'Play it with Windows Media Player' (if not, what DOES happen when you put a music CD in??)
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-24-13 12:23 PM

Is it possible to actually call up the windows media program? - I'm really having difficulty calling up anything since the nerd a-hole deleted stuff. The icons don't work, say they 'cannot locate files/programs'
    Thx
    If iTunes is open, doesn't it just import the CD anyway when you put it into the drive? It ought to. If not, then from memory (I don't use iTunes) there's an option to just import CD on the menu.

For your second question, you can re-install the Desktop Manager, but it's not essential, you can just drag and drop your music from the directory on your laptop to the Playbook.
    10-24-13 12:25 PM
    OK, Chris May is going through this with you - I'll shut up rather than you having two people to listen to.
    10-24-13 12:26 PM
    If iTunes is open, doesn't it just import the CD anyway when you put it into the drive? It ought to. If not, then from memory (I don't use iTunes) there's an option to just import CD on the menu.

For your second question, you can re-install the Desktop Manager, but it's not essential, you can just drag and drop your music from the directory on your laptop to the Playbook.
    Well, there used to be an import option on iTunes that did not light up as an option.
    I opened iTunes first and then inserted the CD. The pop-up for WMP came up too as usual.
    But, when I tried to do get it onto iTunes, it asked me from where and showed me a blank drive & filename that I was supposed to fill in, so I got lost.
    This never happened before. I looked in iTunes recent music and the folder was blank even though the CD was playing and uploading. It showed in a separate window, not the iTunes window, like it used to. Also, iTunes started playing another CD previously uploaded, so both were playing at the same time and I had to stop the old music in iTunes, so I could just listen to the one being uploaded.
    PS: getting answers from more than one person is fine with me. Thx.
    10-24-13 12:45 PM
    In my experience, you don't need your iPod plugged in to rip a CD with iTunes.

Regards Windows Media Player, if you are running Windows 7 (or 8 I guess) then even if 'The Geek' deleted the icons to Windows Media Player, as long as he didn't delete the actual program, if you click on the Windows 'Start' button, and type 'media player' into the search bar that should come up, then 'Windows Media Player' should come up as an option. Click on it, and away you go, hopefully...

If you just put a music CD into your PC's drive, then you may get a little pop-up menu asking you what you want to do with it... hopefully, one of the options might be 'Play it with Windows Media Player' (if not, what DOES happen when you put a music CD in??)
    I have Windows explorer.
    I opened iTunes first and then inserted the CD. The pop-up for WMP came up too as usual.
    Also, iTunes automatically started playing music from a CD previously uploaded and in its library. So I got that playing and also the CD that I was copying playign at the same time. I stopped the older music playing.
    But, when I tried to do get the new music onto iTunes, it asked me from where and showed me a blank drive & filename that I was supposed to fill in, so I got lost.
    This all happened last night. I will try again when I get home from work today.
    Should I try the whole thing again?
    10-24-13 12:57 PM
    Well, there used to be an import option on iTunes that did not light up as an option.
    But, when I tried to do get it onto iTunes, it asked me from where and showed me a blank drive & filename that I was supposed to fill in, so I got lost.
    This never happened before. I looked in iTunes recent music and the folder was blank even though the CD was playing and uploading. It showed in a separate window, not the iTunes window, like it used to. Also, iTunes started playing another CD previously uploaded, so both were playing at the same time and I had to stop the old music in iTunes, so I could just listen to the one being uploaded.
    PS: getting answers from more than one person is fine with me. Thx.
    OK, well in general terms it's a matter of separating two issues - getting it on to the Playbook can be done later, for now it's a matter of uploading the CD to iTunes. But here any help I can offer is a bit limited, because I don't use it I'm afraid.
    castoridae likes this.
    10-24-13 01:00 PM
    OK, well in general terms it's a matter of separating two issues - getting it on to the Playbook can be done later, for now it's a matter of uploading the CD to iTunes. But here any help I can offer is a bit limited, because I don't use it I'm afraid.
    Ok, thx, so hopefully Chris will help me.
    10-24-13 01:07 PM
    One thing I would just add is that you don't need to worry about finding programs or anything. It really is as straightforward as uploading the CD to iTunes and then transferring the files to your Playbook. So don't panic or anything, once you get the upload problem solved you're on the home straight. So might be an idea to just focus on that now and maybe do a Google search as to why that is happening on your iTunes?
    castoridae likes this.
    10-24-13 01:08 PM
    One thing I would just add is that you don't need to worry about finding programs or anything. It really is as straightforward as uploading the CD to iTunes and then transferring the files to your Playbook. So don't panic or anything, once you get the upload problem solved you're on the home straight. So might be an idea to just focus on that now and maybe do a Google search as to why that is happening on your iTunes?
    You're right, its figuring out what the heck has gone wrong with the uploading that is the real problem; once that's sorted I can just drag and drop onto the playbook.
    I will try tonight when I get home from work and post again after I check with iTunes/apple people
    10-24-13 01:13 PM
    once you do this --->http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-wi-fi-661022/ ,,, all you have to do is drag & drop onto pb,,, you'll never need a usb cable ever again...
    castoridae likes this.
    10-24-13 03:15 PM
    once you do this --->http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-wi-fi-661022/ ,,, all you have to do is drag & drop onto pb,,, you'll never need a usb cable ever again...
    As long as you have an unlimited wifi plan...
    10-24-13 03:47 PM
    There's no such thing. Don't confuse wifi transfers over a local network with an unlimited internet or data plan, since local network transfers have nothing to do with the internet.
    SEAWARRIOR and castoridae like this.
    10-24-13 05:26 PM
    There's no such thing. Don't confuse wifi transfers over a local network with an unlimited internet or data plan, since local network transfers have nothing to do with the internet.
    Really? So transfers between PC and Playbook don't count as any kind of measurable data in an allowance?
    10-24-13 05:41 PM
    :...since local network transfers have nothing to do with the internet. " !
    10-24-13 07:11 PM
    Really? So transfers between PC and Playbook don't count as any kind of measurable data in an allowance?
    True. So long as the transfer is over your local network, generally meaning that the both your Playbook and your PC are connected, either wired or wirelessly, to the same router.
    Banco, SEAWARRIOR and castoridae like this.
    10-24-13 07:35 PM
    True. So long as the transfer is over your local network, generally meaning that the both your Playbook and your PC are connected, either wired or wirelessly, to the same router.
    Cool. I've learned something.
    10-25-13 06:22 AM
    ^^^this,,, data tranfer on a LAN, (local area network), stays within that networks devices & doesn't go "over the waves" to the phone or pc providers via WAN, (wide area network)...
    10-25-13 09:53 AM
    wait 'til you map your playbook, you'll be in heaven, lol...
    castoridae likes this.
    10-25-13 09:55 AM
    Hi All,

So does anyone know of a good free program that is easy to follow that I can use to copy my music cds onto the PC and then to my playbook?

EAC.

Then you don't have to deal with the hell that is iTunes or Windows Media Player.
    Angus_CB likes this.
    10-25-13 11:13 AM
89 123 ...