Hi folks:

Tried out pretty much everything else there is to try out on the new 64 GB PlayBook except for Video Calling.

Thought I should start a thread where eager-beavers like myself can find someone who is willing to try out Video Calling with them... maybe even just a 1 minute call to test it out...

So, will anyone try it with me? I don't know of any other friends/ colleagues/ family that have the PB so had to resort to this...

Thanks!
    05-20-11 09:58 AM
    i would post your PIN here to set something up privately. i fear that if you post your bbid you would receive an annoying amount of calls.
    05-20-11 11:35 AM
    i would post your PIN here to set something up privately. i fear that if you post your bbid you would receive an annoying amount of calls.
    exactly my thoughts... BBM PIN to setup Video Call with me: 230D5F6E

see ya... no really see ya... lol.
    05-20-11 11:59 AM
    ^ wanna try video calling ^
    05-20-11 02:29 PM
    Wish granted... lol.
    05-20-11 04:00 PM
    I'll try video calling
    05-20-11 04:22 PM
    I'd like an update on how it went...?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-11 04:44 PM
    I'll try video calling
    Thanks... Zach was nice enough!

05-20-11 07:27 PM
    I'd like an update on how it went...?

It went AWESOME!! It was hard to believe how good the quality was... Zach was in Florida, me in Toronto. Quality was super-fluid, no issues, no buffering, nothing, just wholesome Video Calling...

Heck I can get used to THIS!! Too bad none of my family, friends have a PB yet :-(

05-20-11 07:29 PM
    What app do you use to video chat? i downloaded Reel Portal in order to talk with the fam while travelling. my wife downloaded th PC version for her laptop. We have tried it yet. she was afraid to download the .zip file, thinking it was a virus.
    05-20-11 08:02 PM
    What app do you use to video chat? i downloaded Reel Portal in order to talk with the fam while travelling. my wife downloaded th PC version for her laptop. We have tried it yet. she was afraid to download the .zip file, thinking it was a virus.
    its not a app,if you have the latest software its on your playbook called video chat.
    05-20-11 08:49 PM
    tried it with a friend for 10mins +, worked awesome, both front and rear cameras, slight lag a couple of times just for a second, wifi could be to blame. looked better than ipad imo.
    hopefully cross platform will be possible.
    05-20-11 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD