"Thank you for contacting Walmart.com regarding the BlackBerry PlayBook 7.0" Touchscreen 32GB Entertainment Tablet featuring BlackBerry Tablet Operating System.

I am writing in regards to your recent order xxxxxxxxxxxxx with us for the BlackBerry PlayBook 7.0" Touchscreen 32GB Entertainment Tablet featuring BlackBerry Tablet Operating System. We had to cancel your order because the item was prematurely listed as available for sale on the website. The item will not be available until after April 17th. However, if you decide to reorder once the item comes available we would be more than happy to offer you a $50 discount off the cost of the item. Once you have placed the order contact us back so that we can make the necessary adjustments. We apologize for the inconvenience."

And it continues....
    04-13-11 08:06 PM
    $50 off beats a poke in the eye.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-11 08:24 PM
    Strange - my order -- which I tried to cancel but shows no sign of being canceled -- says that my "gift card" was sent via email. This is what's in the service plan portion of the order. But nope, nothing in my email box from them at all. Did you cancel, or did they cancel your order?

Item Order Status & Delivery Date
    1 BlackBerry PlayBook 7.0" Touchscreen 32GB Entertainment Tablet featuring BlackBerry Tablet Operating System
    Processing
    Your order is being processed. It will arrive on Thursday, 04/14/2011
    Easy returns via mail or in a store – learn how.

Item Order Status & Delivery Date
    1 2 Year Drop Spill and Broken Screen Protection Plan for Laptops
    Emailed
    Your Online Gift Card was emailed on Wednesday, 04/13/2011.
    See details
    Easy returns via mail or in a store – learn how.
    Last edited by mom21; 04-13-11 at 08:27 PM.
    04-13-11 08:24 PM
    Good deal. That's 50 bucks to use towards the miracle that is Outback.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-11 10:09 PM
    We had to cancel your order because the item was prematurely listed as available for sale on the website. The item will not be available until after April 17th. However, if you decide to reorder once the item comes available..."
    I placed my order online with Walmart yesterday (4/12) for a pre-order for 32GB with a Drop/Break Protection Plan. I called today to be sure I understood the Protection Plan. They assured me that I would soon be receiving an email about the plan, and said nothing about the PlayBook being unavailable. My order in my online account now says "Your order is being processed. It is estimated to arrive between Friday, 04/15/2011 and Tuesday, 04/19/2011."

Should I be concerned that Walmart is going to do something funny based on your experience?
    04-14-11 12:54 AM
    Interesting that Wal-Mart is calling it an "Entertainment Tablet". I don't think I've seen it described like that anywhere else. Anyone?
    04-14-11 12:52 PM
    I placed my order online with Walmart yesterday (4/12) for a pre-order for 32GB with a Drop/Break Protection Plan. I called today to be sure I understood the Protection Plan. They assured me that I would soon be receiving an email about the plan, and said nothing about the PlayBook being unavailable. My order in my online account now says "Your order is being processed. It is estimated to arrive between Friday, 04/15/2011 and Tuesday, 04/19/2011."

Should I be concerned that Walmart is going to do something funny based on your experience?
    mine was saying processing and processing... it will be processing till 18th
    04-14-11 01:34 PM
    I just got a message from Walmart cancelling my pre-order. The email didn't offer me $50 or say that I could try again after the 17th. It looks like I won't be getting a PlayBook since I cancelled my Staples order to get it faster through Walmart.
    04-14-11 02:09 PM
    I just got a message from Walmart cancelling my pre-order. The email didn't offer me $50 or say that I could try again after the 17th. It looks like I won't be getting a PlayBook since I cancelled my Staples order to get it faster through Walmart.
    i wish i could give you a coupon or something, but they said.. that I have to order ... not someone else...
    04-14-11 04:18 PM
    "Thank you for contacting Walmart.com regarding the BlackBerry PlayBook 7.0" Touchscreen 32GB Entertainment Tablet featuring BlackBerry Tablet Operating System.

I am writing in regards to your recent order xxxxxxxxxxxxx with us for the BlackBerry PlayBook 7.0" Touchscreen 32GB Entertainment Tablet featuring BlackBerry Tablet Operating System. We had to cancel your order because the item was prematurely listed as available for sale on the website. The item will not be available until after April 17th. However, if you decide to reorder once the item comes available we would be more than happy to offer you a $50 discount off the cost of the item. Once you have placed the order contact us back so that we can make the necessary adjustments. We apologize for the inconvenience."

And it continues....
    Better ask for another $50 you won't get it on the 17th or 18th.
    04-14-11 06:28 PM
    So I had two separate orders placed. One was canceled yesterday and just like slingxshot they offered me $50 off when I place the order again on 4/17.

The second order they just canceled this morning "Thank you for your recent Walmart.com order. Unfortunately, we've had to cancel the item(s) listed below due to limited availability." No $50 I guess.

I griped back via email so I'll try to get the second one $50 off the 2nd one too...

We'll see how it goes...

PG
    04-14-11 08:56 PM
    Surprised they would offer you anything. Most places would just place the blame with the manufacturer and say it was purely their fault. Surprised WMT stepped up for you on this?
    04-14-11 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD