walmart.ca shows earliest date to be the 19th
    04-11-11 06:50 PM
    I Like my Blackberry, I have been waiting (it seems like) FOREVER to get my Playbook, BUT...

I HATE Wal-Mart more than I WANT my Playbook!

I'll Wait until the 19th and go to Best Buy or Staples!
    LOL! I don't hate Walmart, but I DO despise BB (which I derisively refer to as "Worst Buy", and Staples isn't my fav office supply store, either--I prefer Office Depot). we all have our own opinions!!

Now, back to pre-ordering...I don't order things I've never laid eyes on. I need to "kick the tires" first.
    04-11-11 07:18 PM
    I'd give it a shot, but I've never figured out how to use my discount card with WalMart online
    04-11-11 07:34 PM
    Well I tried anyway, but it will only allow me to order for in store pickup... on the 20th.
    04-11-11 07:43 PM
    Well I have two on order at best buy and now one on order at Walmart. If my Walmart order actually ships to get here on the 14th then I'll cancel one of my best buy orders...

Interesting to see though that only the 32GB was available for order. The 16GB and 64GB showed out of stock online.

We'll see but it wouldn't surprise me to see some of these trickle out since Walmart is somewhat famous for releasing early...

PG
    04-11-11 09:40 PM
    @phonegeek, not only to add about the interesting availibility of just the 32gb model but nothing is mentioned of "pre-order" or release date, it does seem promising -_- (don't care what the naysayers say ) We should find out wednesday!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-11 09:46 PM
    @phonegeek, not only to add about the interesting availibility of just the 32gb model but nothing is mentioned of "pre-order" or release date, it does seem promising -_- (don't care what the naysayers say ) We should find out wednesday!
    Maybe they lost the memo. Or the department manager is on vacation and it's in his inbox.

Good luck.
    04-11-11 09:55 PM
    And maybe it'll stay lost and the geek in the warehouse will ship it tomorrow. Just pull mine off the shelf, put it in a fedex box and hand it to the driver....

Sounds so simple, nothing could possibly go wrong with this line of thought....

PG
    04-11-11 10:01 PM
    Getting mine TOMORROW!!!
    04-11-11 10:57 PM
    On the first day that pre-orders were opened up, I pre-ordered at my local Best Buy in Maryland; I was the first, and they didn't know anything other than to take my order. I realized afterwards that I hadn't specified how much memory, so I went back to confirm. I want 32GB. They read their PB ordering literature (I saw the document) and it said they could only pre-order in-store for 16GB. The sales rep said he couldn't guarantee that they would receive 32GB, and recommended that I pre-order online. Best Buy online is charging a shipping fee. No shipping fee at Staples. Then I checked out protection plans and couldn't decide between the two stores, and today RIM comes out with their protection plan so that's no longer a consideration. Long story short, which online store is most likely to actually ship all orders on time, in your opinion?
    04-12-11 12:36 AM
    And maybe it'll stay lost and the geek in the warehouse will ship it tomorrow. Just pull mine off the shelf, put it in a fedex box and hand it to the driver....

Sounds so simple, nothing could possibly go wrong with this line of thought....

PG
    Better look out the window, I hear a truck.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/ye...k-12th-603765/
    04-12-11 12:48 AM
    Hello there:

I just received an email from walmart saying that i can order the playbook 32 gb right now!!!.you can check on walmart site and can order online the 32 gb playbook. Somebody can confirm this??? I tried to order but my address is outside the eu. You can order right now to have it shipped and received on april the 14th.

Yep- It's there Walmart.com: Search Results for "playbook"
    04-12-11 07:18 AM
    hello there:

I just received an email from walmart saying that i can order the playbook 32 gb right now!!!.you can check on walmart site and can order online the 32 gb playbook. Somebody can confirm this??? I tried to order but my address is outside the eu. You can order right now to have it shipped and received on april the 14th.
    right now they are showing the 32 gb playbook out of stock online. How many of you order and will be receiving the playbook today from walmart???
    04-12-11 10:02 AM
    oh crap... mine still says processing.. i ordered 10:12AM.... looks like everyone jumped on it
    04-12-11 10:10 AM
    It is now out of stock...
    04-12-11 10:14 AM
    It is now out of stock...
    seems now you can't order it anywhere at all... may be i will keep my order now
    04-12-11 10:16 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD