OI plugged my playbook into my wall charger and nothing. Tried another wall outlet- still nothing. Dammit! Plugged my playbook into my computer's USB, and it started charging. Hmm, did my wall charger just fry??

Nope.

I unplugged it, flicked the prongs down and back up (not sure if everyone else has the same kind by mine is a travel type of plug where the two prongs go into the plug), and that must have fixed a faulty contact. Plugged it back in, and presto! Works again

I searched on the forums and didn't find anything about a faulty charger, so hopefully this helps someone some day
    TinRobot likes this.
    02-02-12 08:48 AM
    My wall charger died too. I called RIM and they were very nice. They even shipped me a rapid charger to replace it! I still have the original charger because they didn't want it back. I'll try this trick and see if it works again.
    02-02-12 10:05 AM
    My wall charger died too. I called RIM and they were very nice. They even shipped me a rapid charger to replace it! I still have the original charger because they didn't want it back. I'll try this trick and see if it works again.
    Same here. I actually literally just got off the phone with them now and they kindly registered my PlayBook and are sending out a replacement one to me. It was surprisingly easy.
    02-02-12 01:31 PM
    I had the same problem with mine. I decided to go buy the rapid charger since it was on sale at Wal-Mart for $19. The rapid charger is so much better.

I was concerned the charging port was bad, but I tried others and they seemed to work. I prefer the rapid charger now to save wear and tear on the charging port.

Just my thoughts
    02-04-12 07:56 PM
    Same here. I actually literally just got off the phone with them now and they kindly registered my PlayBook and are sending out a replacement one to me. It was surprisingly easy.
    I received my charger today and to my surprise they replaced my Premium Charger with a Rapid Charger instead. A welcomed upgrade.
    02-15-12 05:26 PM
    My wall plug also died ....although it can still charge my phone .....not the PB. so i had to purchase the rapid charging dock ....real great device ...as mentioned, saving the wear and tear on the somewhat fragile usb port. Charging dock is extremely quick to reload the PB
    02-15-12 07:38 PM
    I received my charger today and to my surprise they replaced my Premium Charger with a Rapid Charger instead. A welcomed upgrade.

how long did it take to get to you?.
    08-19-12 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD