Is anyone having a problem waking the pb from sleep mode by swiping up? I now need to swipe many times. Did work when I first purchased it.
    Any ideas?
    05-08-11 08:42 AM
    make sure you're going fully bezel-to-bezel, not just partway through?
    05-08-11 08:57 AM
    i have the same problem.
    05-08-11 08:57 AM
    u actually dont have to go bezel to bezel in any direction. Just a nice long swype in any direction will wake it. i just swype the screen without coming close to bezel and mine wakes up. That is also what rim put on our Playbook trainings for waking up the screen.
    05-08-11 09:11 AM
    also I found that sometimes the screen needs cleaning and the sensitivity is greatly increased. i know it sounds silly, but if it worked in the beginning maybe this will help, or maybe not.
    dbeir likes this.
    05-08-11 09:43 AM
    u actually dont have to go bezel to bezel in any direction. Just a nice long swype in any direction will wake it. i just swype the screen without coming close to bezel and mine wakes up. That is also what rim put on our Playbook trainings for waking up the screen.
    He is correct. I never go directly from bezel to bezel and I always wake up my device. I just grab it and swipe the screen anywhere and it almost always wakes up. Sometimes I know it wasn't going to because it was a weird shaped line I made. I would suggest cleaning the screen, as someone else suggested. Sometimes the fingerprints all over the screen do cause it to be a little less sensitive. If you are still having problems, I don't know what the cause could be, especially if it worked well when you first bought it.
    05-08-11 09:46 AM
    Cleaning the screen did the trick. Thanks!
    05-08-11 12:24 PM
    Is anyone having a problem waking the pb from sleep mode by swiping up? I now need to swipe many times. Did work when I first purchased it.
    Any ideas?
    same problem here
    05-08-11 06:05 PM
    When I first got mine I was just swiping the screen and it drove me crazy. Now I swipe from bottom right to top left. I don't find the need to go from bezel to bezel.
    05-08-11 06:19 PM
    I haven't had any issues with waking, I just swipe from bottom to top straight up.
    05-08-11 07:26 PM
    make sure you're going fully bezel-to-bezel, not just partway through?
    Thank you for answering this OP's question. I was starting to get frustrated with the seemingly non-responsive wake-up gesture only to read your message and realize I was root cause of the stubbornly sleeping BlackBerry PlayBook. Doh, ID10T error time.
    05-08-11 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD