a while before devon, we had many people with "insider info" coming on to say things like how os2 was going to be released on this and this date. one person i remember clearly doing so is quicksilver, whos ex gf's bro works in rim etc. he repeatedly quoted the 31st of october.

i was cynical on how "inside" these sources were and contacted an old classmate, now at rim, to check.

i reported whatever i found out from my classmate here on these forums, that rim was facing internal problems with morale and stuff and a release before 2Q12 would be considered "miraculous",in his own words. i hoped it would have helped to manage expectations.

to my surprise, not only was i labelled as a troll, my post was deleted promptly for no reason at all and that was the end of it. readers continued to live in their own perfect world on how rim would rectify their mistakes my devon/christmas.

i trust my friend and i stand by what i say, 2nd quarter of 2012. wake up crackberry community, stop deluding yourselves.

ps. i would really like a report moderator function especially with regards to post deletions.
    10-26-11 11:54 AM
    I offer you a 5 second golf clap as reparation for having your post deleted.
    Additionally, I would like to thank you for your post highlighting how awesome and well connected you are.
    On a side note, I would really like a facepalm function added in so I can save myself having to actually physically facepalm everytime someone talks about how well connected or well informed or famous they are for no apparent reason.
    10-26-11 12:00 PM
    @ qingyuank & clearly

You should both know that stating these "confidences" over a forum highly endanger your friends or family working for RIM who are certainly under a strict NDA ...
    At least, do not mention them as your "friend" or "ex-girlfriend brother"; don't you know your IP says all ?
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 10-26-11 at 12:07 PM.
    10-26-11 12:04 PM
    I've had two cups of coffee, and currently enjoying a Monster Java. Wide awake, thanks.
    10-26-11 12:07 PM
    a while before devon, we had many people with "insider info" coming on to say things like how os2 was going to be released on this and this date. one person i remember clearly doing so is quicksilver, whos ex gf's bro works in rim etc. he repeatedly quoted the 31st of october.

If you read the OP's first part again, you will see he is most likely trying to make a point about the uneven way deletions and thread locks were handled.. That being said, I've been seeing less of the cheerleaders being able to personally attack/flame someone, so perhaps it's evened out again, and the mod's appear to be leaving threads alone more as the flamboyant cheerleaders and detractors are toning it down a bit... I'm glad to see both sides of the fence and also glad that the discussions are being allowed to continue more freely. While the OP may have a friend in RIM, it's highly unlikely that the friend would give the OP anything that would violate his NDA, nothing I've seen on this board has even come close to "the truth", **** even RIM cant tell the truth about timelines anymore.
    10-26-11 12:13 PM
    Wow, don't we have a TROLL killer app here?
    10-26-11 12:29 PM
    Wow, don't we have a TROLL killer app here?
    No, but I hear there's one available for both iPhone and Android :-D

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    JBenn911 likes this.
    10-26-11 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD