Do i need to get a silicone sleeve for the playbook? I havent seen one yet to know if its slippery on the edges.
    Thank you.
    01-06-13 03:29 PM
    My PlayBook came with silicone sleeve. The PlayBook slide in the top of the sleeve.
    T-Raww likes this.
    01-06-13 03:34 PM
    I have a convertible case (with the stand) and also the Blackberry Soft Shell case. It is a good idea to keep the Playbook protected but I do not find the "naked" Playbook slippery at all.
    01-06-13 03:36 PM
    I purchased the BlackBerry mini keyboard with convertible case with my playbook. Its well worth the money.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    01-06-13 03:42 PM
    Actually, the pb has a rubber (or similar) rear that wraps around to the very edge of the front. So it is at all slippery. But you might still want to protect it from bumps. There's lots of discussion on protection versus using it naked. Thoughts vary. Same with screen protection or not.
    01-06-13 04:22 PM
    I still haven't thrown my box out. It's such a pretty box. Everything that came with the Playbook screamed premium device: the charger, the cables, the sleeve and even the screen wipe cloth. You are in for a treat when you finally open it.
    Mickrick and samurai77 like this.
    01-06-13 04:23 PM
    Welcome! You will probably want some more protection beyond what comes with your PlayBook, but get to know each other and take your time. You are in for a treat!

Be sure to take advantage of all CrackBerry has to offer. The reviews, skills and answers to questions will help you get way more pleasure from your PB. It is a great community with a tradition of helping.
    01-06-13 05:11 PM
    I purchased a leather wallet type protector for my PlayBook. It has done a good job. Targus was the manufacturer. I carried my PB to estimates and used it for contract reference. So it has been on construction sites and hit the floor a couple times but survived unscathed. That sleeve that came with mine seemed kind of wimpy for the plans I had for my purchase. Still like my PB!
    01-06-13 06:06 PM
    I purchased the BlackBerry mini keyboard with convertible case with my playbook. Its well worth the money.
    I also have the OEM PlayBook Mini Keyboard+CASE. If RIM had of released this accessory in a timely manner I could have saved a lot of money. I have several cases. My suggestion is to shop around for a case that fits YOUR lifestyle. There are all kinds of cases. Good luck and ENJOY your new PLAYBOOK.
    01-06-13 06:39 PM
    Do i need to get a silicone sleeve for the playbook? I havent seen one yet to know if its slippery on the edges.
    Thank you.
    It comes with a sleeve, and there's a number of different cases depending on preference, when I'm at work I likevthe otterbox case and at home I like it with none the best.
    01-06-13 07:25 PM
    Thanks to everyone.
    01-07-13 07:43 AM
    I opted for the official Blackberry leather journal case. I paid �29.99 but it's only �9.99 in PC World now.

BLACKBERRY Playbook Leather Journal Case - Black Deals | Pcworld
    01-07-13 07:54 AM
    I opted for the official Blackberry leather journal case. I paid �29.99 but it's only �9.99 in PC World now.

BLACKBERRY Playbook Leather Journal Case - Black Deals | Pcworld
    Same here - except got it as a Christmas present. It's even got the opening at the back for the camera.
    01-07-13 08:11 AM