Come on RIM. Bring the release date forward. Loving the upcoming bridge features. Looks like RIM are actually listening to what we say within this forum and throughout their beta / developer community.
    01-10-12 07:31 AM
    How can you guys view the video? May I have access please?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-10-12 07:48 AM
    Why is the video "PRIVATE?"
    It wasnt supposed to be shown yet lol. They are waiting for the go ahead from RIM.
    01-10-12 07:50 AM
    No skype????
    01-10-12 07:57 AM
    This all looks great.They must be training the trolls already.....
    01-10-12 08:05 AM
    what i want is:

-I take a picture and I can send it directly to FB.... (not take a picture, open FB, post picture, scroll through thousands of pictures, post, BORING)
    - I want FOLDERS in the native file browser
    - I want the cam to autofocus
    - i want to be able to connect a bluetooth gamepad (ok that maybe not)

Are they integrating social media the way they do it on phones? If not, i will still be desappointed
    01-10-12 09:40 AM
    rafi, there is already skype as an andoid app... using it now

what I want it NOTIFICATION and SKYPE in background!

p
    01-10-12 09:41 AM
    For the last time. The PB is not an android tablet! No need to mention android. Apps written for android (insert flavour here) will come from the PB app store if repackaged for PB.
    Not to be argumentative but these apps are still playing inside the hidden Android player thats running on your Playbook.
    01-10-12 09:56 AM
    We all know it was released too early, so let's say it was born premature and put in an incubator till it reached full term.

Honey, our baby is finally coming home.
    I prefer to think of it as a dish pulled out of the oven too quick. You grumble and put it back it for another 15 minutes.... now its ready! And didnt this device on April 19 of last year feel a little "raw in the middle"?
    01-10-12 10:07 AM
    Why is the video "PRIVATE?"
    Cuz, its's not ready yet!
    01-10-12 10:34 AM
    Cuz, its's not ready yet!
    Oh, but it is ready and it's great.
    It's just not available for the time being
    01-10-12 10:46 AM
    sry if this has been posted already, but about spelling and auto-suggest, if you look at the picture displayed for the (unfortunately unreachable) video posted here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...2-demo-687327/ you'll see ...
    This :
    Chaddface likes this.
    01-10-12 10:58 AM
    01-10-12 12:17 PM
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZgE9sgdsB4Y[/YT]

Inline
    compaq1 likes this.
    01-10-12 12:26 PM
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_mnFtDbbTk&feature=player_embedded#![/YT]
    compaq1 likes this.
    01-10-12 12:38 PM
    Dead?! LOL! This will be the most advanced tablet on the market!

Oh this is gonna make the Playbook rock.

There will be no other single tablet on the market that can do as much as this one.
    I see every other tablet manufacturer kicking out a new model within 6 months to try to fill the gap. One in particular *ahem* will claim it was the first haha.

*cough* *apple* *cough*
    Carbonetics likes this.
    01-10-12 01:07 PM
    Oh this is gonna make the Playbook rock.

There will be no other single tablet on the market that can do as much as this one.
    I see every other tablet manufacturer kicking out a new model within 6 months to try to fill the gap. One in particular *ahem* will claim it was the first haha.

*cough* *apple* *cough*
    Of course, you will soon hear how Apple invented the remote with their new and revolutionary....iRemote
    Carbonetics likes this.
    01-10-12 01:12 PM
    rafi, there is already skype as an andoid app... using it now

what I want it NOTIFICATION and SKYPE in background!

p
    Skype fully functions as an Android app with the Android Player in OS2? Voice and video chats?

With so many requests lately for Skype, I'm surprised other people have missed this... or when you say "using it now", you're only referring to a subset, like text chats?
    01-10-12 01:14 PM
    no word on android player?
    01-10-12 01:35 PM
    Here's my not so enthusiastic take on the disclosures so far:

OS2 is apparently on track, but I had already concluded that, given that the present Beta OS2 works quite well, at least for me. And it's neutral as far as the marketplace is concerned, which expects a tablet to come with a fully-baked OS.

Native email is certainly a big plus for Playbook owners, as it allows the Playbook to do something that is a natural for a 7" tablet; but, it's something most tablets give you from the beginning, and that potential buyers would assume is there, so it will probably be neutral from a marketing standpoint.

Using a BB phone as a remote is not something that appeals to me, nor will it grab the imagination of most potential Playbook owners who, like me, do not have a BB phone. Same goes for increased integration with BB phones in other areas. So, no real marketing points. RIM probably disagrees with me on this one , as it obviously is still thinking in terms of an enterprise solution.

Video store. Now, that's interesting. I remain skeptical that it's possible for RIM to suddenly become a major media content provider; but if it does, that would be great, as that would give RIM something with which to leverage the Playbook price point, not to mention the attraction to buyers of being able to directly download content to the tablet.

USB support. I'm disappointed there is apparently no mention of getting full functionality (which should have been there from the beginning). Not a selling point, I suppose, but it would sure help in archiving media and other things.

Netflix. I am disappointed there is no mention of getting a Netflix app or a Netflix-compatible browser. This is something that does matter to a lot of potential buyers.

Well, CES is just now officially beginning, so we'll probably learn more as the show progresses.
    01-10-12 01:45 PM
    no word on android player?
    My understanding is that yes, android app compatibility is available with 2.0.

RIM confirms android in OS 2.0
    Last edited by kb5zht; 01-10-12 at 01:48 PM.
    01-10-12 01:45 PM
    Here's my not so enthusiastic take on the disclosures so far:

OS2 is apparently on track, but I had already concluded that, given that the present Beta OS2 works quite well, at least for me. And it's neutral as far as the marketplace is concerned, which expects a tablet to come with a fully-baked OS.

Native email is certainly a big plus for Playbook owners, as it allows the Playbook to do something that is a natural for a 7" tablet; but, it's something most tablets give you from the beginning, and that potential buyers would assume is there, so it will probably be neutral from a marketing standpoint.

Using a BB phone as a remote is not something that appeals to me, nor will it grab the imagination of most potential Playbook owners who, like me, do not have a BB phone. Same goes for increased integration with BB phones in other areas. So, no real marketing points. RIM probably disagrees with me on this one , as it obviously is still thinking in terms of an enterprise solution.

Video store. Now, that's interesting. I remain skeptical that it's possible for RIM to suddenly become a major media content provider; but if it does, that would be great, as that would give RIM something with which to leverage the Playbook price point, not to mention the attraction to buyers of being able to directly download content to the tablet.

USB support. I'm disappointed there is apparently no mention of getting full functionality (which should have been there from the beginning). Not a selling point, I suppose, but it would sure help in archiving media and other things.

Netflix. I am disappointed there is no mention of getting a Netflix app or a Netflix-compatible browser. This is something that does matter to a lot of potential buyers.

Well, CES is just now officially beginning, so we'll probably learn more as the show progresses.
    Don't get me wrong. I am excited about the things announced, but I have to agree with you. That remote thing is extremely cool and in the video even ran without any lag. But this is something that will, at least for some people, lose its novelty after a few times. Now don't hammer me for being negative, I really think this is cool stuff. But lots of people were hoping for more basic things as well. Like the mentioned USB storage support. That would be useful for a lot of people out in the field. Maybe it will have it, but it seems that if so, they would have mentioned it already.
    Unsure2 likes this.
    01-10-12 01:54 PM
    This product can really grab the attention of users. ESPECIALLY if RIM and the carriers launch the 3G/4G/LTE version. Think of it this way.Buy a mobile ready Playbook (16GB 149, 32GB 199, 64GB 249) and get a free Bold 9900(30). Both require two year contract. RIM gets their BB users up AND gets the Playbook out the door. A huge marketing push will sell them a TON of BB users, both of the BB7 devices and the new BB10 devices. Show them what they can do with both devices and be off to the races.
    01-10-12 02:01 PM
    ...and who said the Playbook is dead???
    I thought this first response was worth repeating.
    Chaddface likes this.
    01-10-12 02:19 PM
    I'll dust off my crystal ball and paraphrase the future OS2 reviews:

"Nice effort, with the addition of several (though not all) key features that should frankly have been there from the beginning.

One has to wonder though. BBM, wherefore art thou? A major reason for RIMs past success has been due to this secure, robust communication form.
    Will they add this to the tablet at a still later date? References to "Summer 2012" have been made by RIM in the past. *Can* they add this or is one PIM on multiple devices simply too difficult to accomplish in a time frame that will matter?"
    Gauche to respond to my own post I know, but looks like my crystal ball wasn't so dusty after all.
    Jan 10 Verge review:
    "While this OS update fills in many of the PlayBook's gaps, there are still a few big-ticket items missing. The largest of course is BBM, which is "still being perfected" for the tablet's big screen (and can still be used via BlackBerry Bridge). I personally don't see the point of needing the service on a device that isn't necessarily always on your person, but it'd be nice to have another chat option. The other missing item is true BES support, though BlackBerry Mobile Fusion is an ActiveSync solution that delivers the same functionality with equivalent encryption.

I'm intrigued by what RIM has managed to accomplish with this software release, though I can't help but feel that it may be too little, too late. When I asked about the current number of apps in BlackBerry App World, I couldn't squeeze a figure out of the RIM reps � though they did remind me of new releases like the venerable Angry Birds and more upcoming titles from EA. The PlayBook has an uphill battle ahead of it in a world dominated by the iPad and Android offerings), so it'll be interesting to see if this update manages to make any major changes in terms of the device's appeal. One thing is for sure, however: if RIM doesn't meet its self-imposed February deadline, it risks losing the few PlayBook owners who have staved out hope for the platform this long."

BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0: hands-on impressions, pictures, and video | The Verge
    01-10-12 05:46 PM
181 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD