Anyone manage to get this to work, I'm kinda baffled.
    02-09-12 10:09 PM
    Can you expand a bit on exactly what you are trying to do? Is Love to try and help you.
    02-09-12 11:18 PM
    Get a secure connection between my playbook and my windows ultimate machine across the intertubes.
    02-09-12 11:27 PM
    IDK how secure but splashtop works great for most RDM things I do. May be a little cumbersome for business use but it is a 7" tablet.
    02-10-12 12:19 AM
    You may use the "remote desktop for Blackberry Playbook" app. Works fine & easy for me.
    You may have to do some settings on your router to translate the 3389 TCP port to the targeted machine IP. Be also advised that currently, none of the solutions I tested (android RDP pro, Splashscreen, RDBP) works with bridge, you need a wifi connexion.

EDIT : just realize you were talking about VPN and not RDP ... but could have sense, depending of what needs you have ...
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-10-12 at 02:05 AM.
    02-10-12 02:02 AM
    I use Telnet/SSH (appworld 2.99) to create a secrue connections to my Win7Pro PC. On the PC I use CopSSH(free). Once the connections is made I connect using the RDP app (6.99).
    02-10-12 07:09 AM
    Would you please explain how you use Telnet/SSH to setup the connection before starting RDP? Do you simply start a PuTTY session and then start RDP or are you using a SSH tunnel with SSH port forwarding?

Instead of CopSSH I use WinSSHD which is probably similar in function. Just trying to understand the SSH client interface to use to secure the RDP session.

Thanks.
    02-10-12 10:53 PM
    On the session page of the Telenet/SSH app, I have my home IP address. I’m also pointing it to a non-standard port. The connection type is “SSH”. On the Tunnels page, I have both port forwarding boxes checked. I am forwarding local port 3389 to “computername:3389”.

On my home router I have forwarded the non-standard port (from the sessions page) to the IP of my PC.

On the connections detail of the RDP program, I have the server set to 127.0.0.1 and port set to 3389.
    CurtJ likes this.
    02-11-12 05:27 AM
    Anyone manage to use the playbook vpn client?
    02-11-12 09:58 AM
    I am trying to set this up using the Free amazon ec2 windows2008 server. Can someone point me to a howto
    02-11-12 12:27 PM
    I am using VPN on Iphone, Setting up VPN on iPhone 4 is quite as simple and as similar to setting up VPN on iPad. Its not as difficult or technical a task that many of us think it is. VPN connectivity on iPhone gives us security, encryption, anonymity and most importantly Privacy.
    If you want to setup VPN on Windows 7, You can simple connect to VPN Provider who gives 24 hr support and fast VPN connection too. I use Pure VPN software it is good for services and support also.
    02-13-12 05:53 AM
    Anyone manage to get this to work, I'm kinda baffled.
    number of VPN protocols that can be used while setting up a VPN connection on Windows 7, which include, PPTP, L2TP, SSL/OpenVPN and SSTP. PPTP is rather less secure than other protocols, whereas, SSTP provides you with the ultimate security, its almost undetectable. here some of popular VPNs like PureVPN and ,iBVPN and ExpressVPN that can be used as best alternatives creating VPN connections ... the support of VPN connection in windows 7 is much improved and easy to manage than last windows versions....
    Last edited by jaclalvano; 07-16-12 at 05:16 AM.
    07-16-12 05:11 AM
    I'm using ExpressVPN now and it works perfectly. Switched to them when I had problems with other software on Win7.
    05-26-13 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD