Yeah. So see. They ignored the results anyhow. Oh well. It was fun. It showed that while you can question which device is the best, you cannot question which device has the best community. CrackBerry rules!
    spike12 and swiftex like this.
    01-12-12 03:35 PM
    Wait... they didn't pick the PB? *sigh*
    01-12-12 03:37 PM
    Wait... they didn't pick the PB? *sigh*
    I did not think they would. It's a shame. They could've just added the top three or four.
    01-12-12 04:40 PM
    Maybe we should ask the people of at rootzwiki for help. Looks like XDA might be on the take supporting devices that the get under the table pay for from manufacture.s
    01-12-12 04:45 PM
    come on people pb is getting caught vote now
    01-13-12 03:38 PM
    Why even bother having it as an option if it wont get picked?
    01-13-12 06:16 PM
    So PlayBook owners go out into unwelcome ground where BB devices get zero play. Partake in their little vote and win. Yet the devs dont have a set big enough to reward the true winner? Where have I seen this before
    01-14-12 07:26 AM
    Yes it's pretty disappointing, but I don't see why we should stop voting, at the very least we're making a statement about how many people out there have Playbooks and how many people want a forum and want XDA's attention. We should keep supporting the Playbook there through voting.

If it doesn't get it's own forum there, it'll make the guys at XDA kinda look like fools, afraid of the Playbook because it's "too difficult" for their skills. They certainly can't use the excuse that there isn't the demand anymore. Lets keep voting guys, show everyone whats up, not just XDA!
    Last edited by Megacharge; 01-15-12 at 04:47 PM.
    01-15-12 04:44 PM
    Yes it's pretty disappointing, but I don't see why we should stop voting, at the very least we're making a statement about how many people out there have Playbooks and how many people want a forum and want XDA's attention. We should keep supporting the Playbook there through voting.

If it doesn't get it's own forum there, it'll make the guys at XDA kinda look like fools, afraid of the Playbook because it's "too difficult" for their skills. They certainly can't use the excuse that there isn't the demand anymore. Lets keep voting guys, show everyone whats up, not just XDA!
    I agree the showing of faith outweighs the end result.
    Megacharge and AggreX like this.
    01-15-12 05:21 PM
    I voted but obviously they are not getting one?
    Megacharge likes this.
    01-15-12 06:17 PM
    I voted but obviously they are not getting one?
    I wouldn't say we're not getting one for sure, but the Playbook seems to be of low priority to them. They prefer phones/tablets that already have Android on them (maybe because of the effortless boot-loaders), but I'm pretty sure that all the votes the Playbook is getting has really grabbed their attention, and they are most certainly considering it.. otherwise it would have been wiped off that list or not even put on it in the first place.
    spike12 likes this.
    01-15-12 08:19 PM
    Just voted. All tied up at the moment.
    spike12 and Megacharge like this.
    01-15-12 08:37 PM
    down by one now seems like as soon as we tie they automatically take the lead. what up wit dat?

Paul
    Megacharge likes this.
    01-15-12 08:54 PM
    down by one now seems like as soon as we tie they automatically take the lead. what up wit dat?

Paul
    I'm not sure, maybe the Optimus LE users are cheating.
    01-15-12 09:43 PM
    I voted back on the day this thread started. It's been somewhat interesting to follow what's been happening over on xda.
    I suspect that the good folks at xda only threw the PB into the poll to be 'nice' and did not expect any votes for the device. Now they are possibly thinking wtf do we do now?
    Well I hope they decide to give the PB a shot on their site. I for one would be glad to frequently visit their PB forum to offer and receive assistance.
    spike12 and Megacharge like this.
    01-15-12 10:12 PM
    I voted back on the day this thread started. It's been somewhat interesting to follow what's been happening over on xda.
    I suspect that the good folks at xda only threw the PB into the poll to be 'nice' and did not expect any votes for the device. Now they are possibly thinking wtf do we do now?
    Well I hope they decide to give the PB a shot on their site. I for one would be glad to frequently visit their PB forum to offer and receive assistance.
    Me too, it'd would also benefit their site as it would open it up to more traffic. Word would spread pretty quick about it on all the Blackberry forums and people would check in there regularly along with their usual Blackberry forums.
    01-15-12 10:53 PM
    I'm not sure, maybe the Optimus LE users are cheating.
    I think your totally right! and I'm sorry but that LG phone looks like CRAP! why on earth is it getting so much attention and better yet, why do so many people have them? yeesh is it all the asians and india have them and voting? I mean they prob. out number us 100/1 LOL
    01-16-12 11:09 PM
    I think your totally right! and I'm sorry but that LG phone looks like CRAP! why on earth is it getting so much attention and better yet, why do so many people have them? yeesh is it all the asians and india have them and voting? I mean they prob. out number us 100/1 LOL
    I'm scratching my head as I type.
    01-17-12 12:29 AM
    LG Optimus ME P350 - 879 18.73%
    Blackberry Playbook - 864 18.41%

We need to get some more folks to vote for the Playbook.
    01-19-12 03:08 PM
    So I see they have added a Galaxy Tab 7.7 forum.
    Still nothing (not even a comment from them) about the PB.
    01-20-12 09:36 AM
    I kind of had a feeling that they only added the playbook to the poll to show how undesirable it is, and were completely blown away to see the results. I know it was way beyond the galaxy 7.7, and yet the 7.7 already has a forum. They stated that 'the most votes' wouldn't necessarily get the forums, but that it was about how the device could be developed/improved and a bunch of other factors. The fact is that they already dislike most of their current members, so they're certainly not eager to invite a bunch of crackberry fans over to their site. It's really unfair if you ask me, especially since the dingleberry software is growing and improving all the time. There is clearly a demand for a playbook forum, and I think great things could come of it, so I hope they give us a shot and let us in.
    01-20-12 09:57 AM
    Galaxy 7.7 got a forum? Wasn't it in third?

Robbed...like the 2000 and 2004 elections. (don't hate!)
    01-20-12 12:17 PM
    Xda seem to be very shortsighted in this if they ignore the PlayBook. A few years ago Xda was mainly windows phone discussion and evolved to android. During that evolution I don't remember anyone saying 'we are window's phone and nothing else' but I see a few comments of 'xda is android so why have anything else. All these os's go in cycles so they should be encouraging people explore new technology when it appears.
    01-21-12 05:13 PM
    Thanks for sharing this. The xda site helped a lot with my android devices, I bet they can do a lot for the playbook.
    01-22-12 06:17 PM
    Let's let XDA know we haven't given up yet. Vote if you haven't yet.
    Cheers
    spike12 likes this.
    01-23-12 09:13 AM
384 ... 13141516
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD