We all have noticed a lack of navigation keys...How about a key to activate a different keyboard layout?

I moved the return key to the right...in the former blank space (See Your Keyboard).

How would you fill in the "Blank Key" in the next update?

Ok, let's get some really serious replies here.
    04-17-12 07:04 PM
    I would love name navigation cursors to accurately move the cursor when editing text
    pickles#WP and Harryl6134 like this.
    04-17-12 07:08 PM
    I'd like the QUESTION MARK on the main page. Wouldn't you (lack of question mark!)
    pickles#WP and kennyliu like this.
    04-17-12 09:40 PM
    I'd like to see tab keys. As a business person trying to take meeting minutes in outline form the lack of tab keys on the playbook and BB phones is infuriating. Don't know if other platforms skipped tabs as well but it is a big miss in my opinion.
    04-17-12 09:44 PM
    That looks good to me...I wish they would put arrow keys on there also!
    04-27-12 11:06 AM
    How about a "Ctrl" key, then add the the ability to use "ctrl-f" to find keywords on a forum page.
    04-27-12 11:23 AM
    I would like the option to switch places for the capital and number keys.

In the languages key I would like to see a 'math/science' language option.

I would also like the ability to save a string-of-text to a key, like speed dial

Also, for predictive text, the far right word could be thesaurus suggestions (e.g. Keep touching word for the next one)

Would be nice if each little key could move slightly so I could adjust it a tiny bit if I keep hitting the key beside it
    04-27-12 11:23 AM
    Seeing as much of my time is entering email addresses, how about putting the @ on the alpha keyboard?
    Hgouck, Harryl6134 and Stewartj1 like this.
    04-27-12 11:54 AM
    1. Ditto on inverted-T cursor-control keys, or at least a backwards cursor-control key
    2. Undo key
    Those'd be nice.
    Hgouck and DanPort like this.
    04-27-12 01:55 PM
    I want the "?" and "@". I also want to be able to have the numbers on the top row if I choose not just for password fields.
    04-27-12 06:24 PM
    1) Quick Keys - user programmable. and dedicated F and T keys, and browser key.

2) how about a second pad for using the double touch and drag for page movement.

3) Cupholders

04-27-12 06:36 PM
    We all have noticed a lack of navigation keys...How about a key to activate a different keyboard layout?

I moved the return key to the right...in the former blank space (See Your Keyboard).

How would you fill in the "Blank Key" in the next update?

Ok, let's get some really serious replies here.
    Well now that's interesting. How did you do that?
    04-27-12 07:39 PM
    I'd like the QUESTION MARK on the main page. Wouldn't you (lack of question mark!)
    YES YES YES.... That is such a freak'in pain in the @ss.

Here is what I would like to see on the main keyboard. Also move the keyboard language preference key to the secondary or even the third keyboard. Who uses that so much that ya need it on the main board.
    Last edited by DanPort; 04-27-12 at 09:38 PM.
    04-27-12 08:45 PM
    Votes for ? (question mark) and ' (apostrophe).
    kennyliu, Stewartj1 and DanPort like this.
    04-28-12 10:48 AM
    ...Also move the keyboard language preference key to the secondary or even the third keyboard. Who uses that so much that ya need it on the main board.
    People speaking more than one language and keeping in touch with friends/family on a daily basis. (For example me. )
    04-28-12 08:56 PM
    Language key could be put where there gear icon is....

Settings is just a swipe away...
    04-28-12 09:52 PM
    As long as the space bar does not shrink, any additional key would be welcome.

The keyboard that pops up (when you are typing in the address bar) has a TINY space bar and it really frustrates me as I always end up typing a "." when I'm attempting to press the space bar, so annoying. To get it right, it always requires that extra bit of thumb extension not to hit the "." Doable, but could he easier.
    patpatiar likes this.
    04-29-12 07:27 AM
    As long as the space bar does not shrink, any additional key would be welcome.

The keyboard that pops up (when you are typing in the address bar) has a TINY space bar and it really frustrates me as I always end up typing a "." when I'm attempting to press the space bar, so annoying. To get it right, it always requires that extra bit of thumb extension not to hit the "." Doable, but could he easier.
    Out of curiosity, why would you need a space bar at all when entering addresses? I have not come across a single web address that uses a space in the address. I think this is what RIM was thinking when reducing the space key size for that keyboard layout.

RIM programmer:
    "It may be needed from time to time, but not a necessity so lets reduce its size."

seems logical to me?
    04-29-12 07:59 AM
    Out of curiosity, why would you need a space bar at all when entering addresses? I have not come across a single web address that uses a space in the address. I think this is what RIM was thinking when reducing the space key size for that keyboard layout.

RIM programmer:
    "It may be needed from time to time, but not a necessity so lets reduce its size."

seems logical to me?
    The space bar is needed to enter search terms.
    patpatiar and homer1475 like this.
    04-29-12 09:59 AM
    The space bar is needed to enter search terms.
    Good point, didn't think of the search function, as I have google as my homepage and always go to my homepage when starting the browser as opposed to starting on the bookmarks page.
    04-29-12 10:03 AM
    I think the size of the SpaceBar should be consistent across all keyboards. That helps those who actually can type on the glass surface and not find that the shorter Spacebar throws off their aim when typing.

I will not give up on insisting that the main/front/first keyboard needs a QUESTION MARK????????????????????
    04-29-12 06:14 PM
    What would really be the best, is that you could decide what you wanted on which option keys.
    04-29-12 07:10 PM
    Yes tab key and a real 10 key layout with decimal and enter where they belong for more efficient numeric data entry. A 10 key layout would really help the spreadsheet app.
    04-29-12 08:17 PM
    Two things I would love to see added to the keyboard:

1. Apostrophe key. I think it deserves to be there as it is used as often as the comma key if not more frequently.

2. A key or a combo of keys that will call for the select/copy/paste menu. Sometimes, it takes so much to simply paste something. The menu is very hard to "activate".
    patpatiar and FF22 like this.
    04-29-12 08:35 PM
    Two things I would love to see added to the keyboard:

1. Apostrophe key. I think it deserves to be there as it is used as often as the comma key if not more frequently.

2. A key or a combo of keys that will call for the select/copy/paste menu. Sometimes, it takes so much to simply paste something. The menu is very hard to "activate".
    I was going to include that but Predictive/auto/text kind of does that - well, if they'd fix it in Bridge Email. But it's true, a comma can be more easily ignored or left out whereas the ' is necessary when, well, necessary.
    04-29-12 09:17 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD