I've followed all of the thread with people complaining about the power button, so when I received my Playbook, that was one of the first things I checked. I try to use it as little as possible leaving it in standby and using the software button to restart. So far so good. But...

I just noticed today that the volume up button is not responsive. I've done a few screen captures, but today was the first time I tried to adjust the volume with it. Volume down works OK, but I had to press it a few times to get it to respond. I hope it's not going to fail!

Anyone else having this problelm?
    05-12-11 04:08 PM
    You do know that if you press and HOLD the up/down, they advance/back tracks.

I thought I read someone mentioned that the buttons do not immediately respond. The thought being that inadvertent quick volume change might be painful? But I just tested mine and both seem to step up and down as I press them.
    05-12-11 05:07 PM
    Volume down works OK, but I had to press it a few times to get it to respond.
    That is normal.
    It prevents the volume from changing randomly if the + or - are touched.
    It should correctly increment volume with fast clicks to the control.
    05-12-11 05:19 PM
    That is normal.
    It prevents the volume from changing randomly if the + or - are touched.
    It should correctly increment volume with fast clicks to the control.
    I understand that it's 1 click for each volume increment. However, pressing the volumme down button made the little volume control appear and showed it going down by 1. Pressing the volume up button did nothing. The feel of the buttons when being pressed was different as well.
    05-12-11 07:26 PM
    I notice that my volume down makes a clicking sound when pressing down, but pressing volume up doesn't :s. The volume down seems more responsive.
    05-12-11 08:20 PM
    My volume up button clicks and works fine. The volume down button is kinda mushy and doesnt always work right away.

I don't use them very often though.
    05-12-11 11:16 PM
    Same for me, the volume down is fine but volume up is squishy. On the other hand my power button works just fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-11 12:13 AM
    I have challenges in the browser with up or down volume. I think it started with the last OS update so hopefully it goes back to working better with the next.
    05-13-11 05:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD