heyyy i saw this on youtube.... it's pretty cool
    Dim-Ize and suzieque like this.
    07-12-12 05:06 PM
    awesome! thanks
    07-12-12 05:46 PM
    Thanks for the tip! Originally, I purchased Vligo for my handset - using it for tts on SMS and Email. It's a very handy piece of software - and is especially useful for having incoming messages read aloud.

I neevr thought of using it in combination with Bridge. I'd normally just use it on my handset though. But, cool nonetheless.
    07-12-12 05:48 PM
    Very cool, thanks. I used Vlingo when I got my first BB (8330 Curve). I thought it was really cool, but with the qwerty keyboard....it just wasn't efficient enough. Maybe after all these years ill give it another try.
    07-12-12 07:50 PM
    Do I understand correctly that the recognition is performed outside on internet, or is it actually the PB work turning the sound into text?
    TIA!
    Herv
    07-14-12 03:24 AM
    Do I understand correctly that the recognition is performed outside on internet, or is it actually the PB work turning the sound into text?
    TIA!
    Herv
    Vlingo does the voice translation within the app, which might require some connection to the internet. This is done on the phone itself. With Bridge, the text is then inputted onto the PlayBook. The PlayBook only receives the text.
    Herve5 likes this.
    07-14-12 06:57 AM
    This is anexampleofVlingo usingbridge. The odd thingisthat spelingandwordsspace inonmy BlackBery is corectbutwhen ispasted over tothe PlayBok I get this jumble, Even though the spellingandspacing shows corectly onthe BlackBery. By the time Igoin andmake thecorectionsmanualy I mightiswelhave typed directly.
    Last edited by califlefty; 07-17-12 at 10:49 PM.
    07-17-12 11:18 AM
    This has been bugging me all day - why does text that appears correct in bridge become corrupt when past4ed over to the playbook?
    07-17-12 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD