Found a nice bonus with the remote control feature. When using bridge email, native email, documents to go and the remote control feature Vlingo works. I have only tested it on these three applications but it seems to work as long as you have the keyboard up on the phone. I'm using the 9860 so I cant test to see if it works on a non touch screen phone.

This is great now you can dictate your emails, documents ect ect right on the playbook.
    chi-town311 and duckduke like this.
    02-21-12 01:16 PM
    VLingo works with the remote control feature in pretty much any app that you text into. As long as you call up the keyboard on your phone while using the remote control feature. I think the ALT plus Shift key works for phones without a on screen keyboard but can not confirm that.

I'm now dictating all my emails, notes, word documents ect ect. I dictated this post
    02-22-12 11:53 AM
    on my 9900 I have not gotten this feature to work. I set to paste immediately, I get the confirmation noise from vLingo that it is working, but nothing appears on my PB or the onscreen keyboard for the remote control.
    02-24-12 12:51 PM
    Found a nice bonus with the remote control feature. When using bridge email, native email, documents to go and the remote control feature Vlingo works. I have only tested it on these three applications but it seems to work as long as you have the keyboard up on the phone. I'm using the 9860 so I cant test to see if it works on a non touch screen phone.

This is great now you can dictate your emails, documents ect ect right on the playbook.
    Pls make a video on how to use this option
    02-24-12 12:59 PM
    I can confirm that it works for non-touch screen phones. I just tried on my 8530, and it worked like a champ! Great find OP!
    02-24-12 01:24 PM
    I can confirm that it works for non-touch screen phones. I just tried on my 8530, and it worked like a champ! Great find OP!
    You set up vlingo, then you went to the remote control app, then to your native email app on the playbook, selected the text field and then used the vlingo app to compose?
    02-24-12 01:34 PM
    You set up vlingo, then you went to the remote control app, then to your native email app on the playbook, selected the text field and then used the vlingo app to compose?
    Yes, but there's another step....on your phone, you have to first enter keyboard mode. Then you activate Vlingo and talk away!
    02-24-12 01:38 PM
    Keyboard mode in the remote control app? Yeah ive done that as well. Still no dice.
    02-24-12 02:04 PM
    I just did that the other night I was sitting on the couch with bridge mode/remote control. I was using bbm on my PlayBook/9900 combo and. I sent my wife a message while she was sitting right beside me on the couch.

I was pretty excited but she thought I was on nerd!
    02-24-12 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD