So for months I have not been able to get my computer to recognize the Playbook. I've disabled wifi, etc., all of the little tricks. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the blackberry software numerous times.

I just tried yet again and it said Device Driver Not Successfully installed. Under the USB controllers section of device manager it shows a "!" for the Blackberry smartphone. It says there was a code 3 error in installing the driver.

Simply put, can someone point me to the driver so I can manually install it? I have combed the web and can't seem to find it. I don't want to hear about wifi transfers. I have tried every trick in the book and this crap keep happening. This is utter garbage that this thing just doesn't plug and play all of the sudden.
    05-02-13 06:53 PM
    I am not sure that the DRIVER is available as a standalone install. I think it kind of comes with the Desktop software install.

You might try the newer LINK software from Rim. It is for the new bb10 phones but also works with the pb. I'm sorry but I do not have a link... okay, googled

BlackBerry Link - BlackBerry 10 Smartphone to Computer Sync - US

No promises, obviously and good luck
    05-02-13 07:36 PM
    I found the drivers but they just keep giving me errors when I try to load them.
    05-02-13 08:31 PM
    I found the drivers but they just keep giving me errors when I try to load them.
    What kind of errors? Hmm, I wonder if you have to have Administrative Rights to install properly. Did you try the Link software?
    05-02-13 10:11 PM
    I discovered that even my phones (Blackberries) won't install drivers. I spent 2.5 hours on the phone with RIM and the call dropped so the problem persists. Trust a blackberry to be on the phone that long, I guess it's my own fault. The RIM drivers simply won't install on my computer - the dialogue box opens above the systray saying they are installing, then it says the install failed. No clue whats happening.

Admin rights have nothing to do with it. Every other device in the universe is plug and play on my machine.
    05-02-13 11:53 PM
    Are you using Windows 8?
    05-03-13 12:05 AM
    Are you using Windows 8?
    OP's title of post says Vista.

Malcolm

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    05-03-13 12:34 AM
    I've got Vista (that makes two of us)!

All I see under Hardware is:

Blackberry Virtual Private Network

And

c:\windows\system32/DRIVERS\rimvndis6_AMD64.sys

And I have no idea if that's the one necessary or not or where it came from.
    05-03-13 12:52 AM
    I've got Vista (that makes two of us)!

All I see under Hardware is:

Blackberry Virtual Private Network

And

c:\windows\system32/DRIVERS\rimvndis6_AMD64.sys

And I have no idea if that's the one necessary or not or where it came from.
    +3 for Vista

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    05-03-13 03:31 AM
    The utterly disgusting part of this... my brother plugged his Samsung Galaxy into my computer and it immediately installed. This is the same for every other USB device. Only Blackberry devices won't install.
    05-03-13 08:57 PM
    Under the USB controllers section of device manager it shows a "!" for the Blackberry smartphone. It says there was a code 3 error in installing the driver.
    Just to muddy the waters, I'm also on Vista, and my PB is connected via wifi at this moment and showing up in windows explorer as a drive. There is NO mention of PB or Phone or Rim or BB in the USB section of device manager.
    This is a fairly recent fresh install of Vista x64 and I've never installed BB Desktop software, just Link. I can backup both the Z10 and the PB along with syncing folders.
    Further to F2's comment, the only mention of Blackberry in device manager is the VPNetwork along with two RIM Virtual Serial Port v2 entries under Ports.
    05-04-13 08:27 AM