Need help connecting to wifi using my samsung intercept through virgin mobile.

have a buddy with a virgin mobile phone running a lower android os than mine and it worked perfectly fine but when i tried to do it it showed the connection locked. when i tried it with his it was open. anyone know whats up with that.
    10-02-12 04:33 PM
    Are you trying to connect a PlayBook to a wireless hotspot on your phone?
    10-02-12 04:35 PM
    10-02-12 04:36 PM
    Are you trying to connect a PlayBook to a wireless hotspot on your phone?
    Yes. It comes up locked on my playbook though
    10-03-12 01:11 AM
    you haven't done much for me on my post on either
    10-03-12 05:18 AM
    As i've said in many threads on here, if you want to connect an android mobile to playbook through wifi to use a data signal use FoxFi (along with the plugin to hide tethering).

It is free, in the play store, and does not require rooting. There are many Wifi tethering apps on there, but many require root, most make it obvious what you're doing (and if you read the small print generally no network likes it).

Other alternatives include PDAnet and BlueDUN (both using the Bluetooth connection). I use FoxFi all the time with my Galaxy Ace, works excellently, quickly & easily. I have heard from many that the usual use of standard hotspot apps cause difficulty - which is why a solution such as FoxFi is excellent.

Give it a try. I'm sure you'll find it works well.
    10-03-12 05:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD